Author Topic: Antagonist Idea  (Read 7755 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist Idea
Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 11:37:21 PM
Like WoW did. They had equipment that you could earn via PvP, but you could get equipment with the same stats raiding. For these purposes I was agreeing with your statement up and until they make clone weapons with different skins based upon if you got them from raiders or antagonist.

Oh, the thing you didn't understand was only in reference to how horrible your antagonist support gets with a rising antagonist score. Ads lose significant health and numbers as you go up in %

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 12:30:46 AM
Like WoW did. They had equipment that you could earn via PvP, but you could get equipment with the same stats raiding. For these purposes I was agreeing with your statement up and until they make clone weapons with different skins based upon if you got them from raiders or antagonist.

Oh, the thing you didn't understand was only in reference to how horrible your antagonist support gets with a rising antagonist score. Ads lose significant health and numbers as you go up in %

Ah, ok I understand now. Yea I wish they would do something similar to this. It seems they're trying to "force" people to do both. I don't like using the word "force" really, because it's a bit hard of an accusation.

I didn't know that the AI scaled down for higher leveled antag. I think it's a mixed bag with the ELO system and the grievances from both PvEers and PvPers. When I found out you level up stats and weapons had stats like "Hero Killer" I thought, "Oh shit, this is gonna' get real bad real fast."

They said that we would receive greater rewards for basically getting our asses kicked for free by other players, but to be honest it doesn't feel like it. I think they need to make the rewards for Raiders AND Antagonists who are basically made a free win by the Match Making. I've had PLENTY of games where I thrashed the Antag, and he was just a new guy to, and out team felt real bad. He definitely should get a good reward for having to go through that.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 12:47:47 AM
Yeah sometimes the game does become an actual 4v1 when the antag has no mobs to help at all.... This is why Marmalade and Uras maps are so damn hard to antag on, they are small and there's not much spawning to help. Also AI can become so stupid sometimes that in the laggy match I posted, I downed an Iune with 4 wardogs standing right on top of her shooting her, and she didn't die. I had another match in Beast Lair where the Hans player was non-responsive once they entered Marmalade's section, and a wardog stood there shooting him. Hans got down to like 1HP and the wardog just.....walked off. He didn't even care to keep shooting the stationary target 5 feet in front of him. Being a good antagonist when your allies have rocks for brains ain't easy.

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 06:23:25 AM
The easiest fix I've said before. Raiders are able to obtain ALL blueprints, add the antag ones across the missions.

Allow Antags the access to the full blueprint pool, the benefit being you can get any bp you need without having to roll for it with others.