Author Topic: Just some suggestions after the release of campaign # 3  (Read 8735 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Just some suggestions after the release of campaign # 3
Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
I wish I could just play antagonist to get the blueprints I need. Unfortunately,   you can only get a handful of blueprints playing as the antag. The vast majority of them are locked behind playing as a raider. There is no escaping this games pointless blueprint roll system. As noted above, it doesn't benefit the developer financially, and its the most hated part of this game. Why don't they just patch it out? Its clear that nobody likes it (although some people are less bothered by it than others).

It MAYBE because they believe no one would play the antagonists and would rather play Raider. Although some players enjoy playing antagonists, they may be correct in believing MOST people would only play Raider.

I think the best way to approach this is not to lock things exclusively behind one or the other, but to just increase the amount of rewards for the antagonists. Weapons and cards shouldn't be locked behind on or the other.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 03:04:23 AM
Heh, I like spinning it around to say "this thing is only Raider locked" since everyone complains about anything being Antag locked. Antag mode is just as much part of the game as Raider mode is! #AllModesMatter !!

But ultimately I became OK with the blueprint rolling *because* they are 1-time rewards that removed that player from the competition. But that's gone now and it's a dog pile for a stupid RNG roll to get a weapon.... every time...

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 03:41:42 AM
Yeah blueprint drops should be instanced. That way you don't have to do the dumb roll and get nothing for your time besides xp. Drop rates would have to be adjusted but its better than getting nothing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:43:34 AM by Power Penguin »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 05:19:12 AM
I wish I could just play antagonist to get the blueprints I need. Unfortunately,   you can only get a handful of blueprints playing as the antag. The vast majority of them are locked behind playing as a raider. There is no escaping this games pointless blueprint roll system. As noted above, it doesn't benefit the developer financially, and its the most hated part of this game. Why don't they just patch it out? Its clear that nobody likes it (although some people are less bothered by it than others).

They should do away with the lock out altogether. You should be able to at least upgrade your weapons regardless if you are a Raider or Antag. And to realize you are foced to play antag to get certain blueprints as well? That's terrible.

This causes poor engagement for antag among raider PvE players.  It's already a spoken strategy amongs PvEers now to just queue as antag and then go afk. You get XP anyways and with the raiders not having to worry about you then the game is quick and you get your reduced xp quick. AFK a few times, a few quick games and you reach your antag affinity without having to go through the bad experience of being forced to play antag. You can just read a book, browse your phone, eat food, while being afk as antag. It's WAY more pragmatic and quick and with less stress.

This is what your PvE players are going to do. Is this the vision you had in mind for them? And the fact that they are doing this should tell you something about forcing antag. It's bad enough I have to deal with these bullies as a Raider, but now I have to lower myself and be what they are as well? Well, I need cards and weapons that require antag affinity so it looks like AFK time for me. This is the consequence of design, not the fualt of the PvEer's.

DRKLORD36

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:45 AM
drop the loot roll and rise the heath of the raiders cause they to weak when it come to they heath....but stop with the loot rolls foreal

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 06:35:15 AM
I feel like the Antagonists objective is to do just that, Antagonize. They are there to "ruin their day" not necessarily 'win' so if you slow them down, lower their respawn pool or the best possible scenario, make them pay for Aleph? I'd say they've successfully completed  that objective and should get excellent rewards for doing so. I'm talking, 10k faction pounts, 15k gold or the choice of TWO bp's.

I'd be way more inclined to play antag, die a lot but ruin their mission and get great reward from it.

As it stands, I will never EVER play Antag.