Author Topic: I Went Back to the Smoking Daisy  (Read 7234 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
I Went Back to the Smoking Daisy
on: March 28, 2018, 09:04:46 PM
The Novera (modified) is very strong, very straight forward, but very simple. It has more consistent higher damage the the smoking daisy with a higher RoF and clip with even greater range, it's a great weapon. But went back to the Smoking Daisy because of mechanics, utility and potential burst.

The max damage is actually WAY higher for the Smoking Daisy, but it's situational and in burst, because it relies on unloading the shells. This kills or at least wounds ANY enemy player and elite outside of higher difficulties. But the things you can do with it are incredible the more I practice technique and watch others use it.

Aside from jumping over enemies heads and unloading the shells you can also slide by them and unload the shells as well or just run away while they pursue you and unload them as they run into the blast, it's REALLY fun to do these things. But this is basic stuff.

When being pursued by an enemy player or elite you can leap onto the wall and at the same time unload the clip and back flip over their head, it is so Matrix badass. I also learned that when in CQC if you get punched by an enemy player or elite you can unload the shells that moment and back flip and most the time you are out of the blast. This makes it so they cannot hit you again NOR can they follow p with a grapple, lest they get blasted. The only thing they can do IF they suspect you will to this is back-flip themselves. Which is fine. After you are done back-flipping and they're sitting their dumbfounded and wounded you then shoot them in the face, grab or punch, you are free. I learned this because it was done on my face multiple times and I was in awe of the antag. And was wondering why i left the Smoking Daisy.

If you guys have more tricks and tips regarding the Smoking Daisy please share. This gun is extremely fun and it's a shame it's normal fire is so terrible, but I've decided to play for fun over optimization and stick with it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:09:58 PM by Level9Drow »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: I Went Back to the Smoking Daisy
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:07:19 PM
The CQC flip requires having less than full ammo in clip to dodge away.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:57:15 PM
The CQC flip requires having less than full ammo in clip to dodge away.

Thanks! I've been testing it out offline. I'll mess around with this as well.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Yeah, a lot of mobility tricks seem to get lost as people turn into little more than moving turrets. Many characters, especially Alicia excel at mobility and it should absolutely be part of how you excel with her because it just looks damn cool when you pull off some sweet moves! All I do with Daisy is paint since her shots appear to have penetration and spread... so it's almost closer to what you'd expect from a flamethrower than a shotgun. Thus, the more clustered and layered enemies are the more your DPS will skyrocket. Just shooting at a single enemy or player actually wastes a great deal of its potential DPS.

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 10:17:18 PM
I've lost the draw for the darn thing a dozen times. I hope to actually get it and test it out soon. Thanks for the tips!

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 03:01:53 AM
rock-n roll seems much more reliable. It is a beast.

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 06:10:06 PM
I've managed to snag multiple Rock-N-Roll blueprints, and it's a good one for PvP, as I can cripple most characters (damn you Fifth Council) in one to two shots, no problem. Cannot seem to manage that Smoking Daisy blueprint. We either don't get it, or I don't win the draw. I need the ghost of Steve Erwin to come and help me pin down this ever elusive bugger!