Author Topic: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ  (Read 30757 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ
Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 12:44:34 AM
Correct, just repeating what has been said in the patch notes and confirmed in discord :)

No different from before-- if you have a card you like in your loadout and want to roll without losing it, you lock it down so it doesn't shuffle. Only difference is after the update, levels and affinity will also play into what gets pulled from the deck. I haven't locked Kon's Emergence yet, but I would obviously want to lock it before I do any more re-rolling, no matter if I wanted to roll his cards tonight or next week.

It has been stated that nothing you currently own will be lost.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 01:11:13 AM
Yes, that's the way it should be, and now we are certainly looking forward to next wednesday.  ;D

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 05:30:17 AM
It'd be nice if we get at least a couple more card slots. I mean... what card game has a hand with only 4 cards!

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 03:21:29 PM
It'd be nice if we get at least a couple more card slots. I mean... what card game has a hand with only 4 cards!
The Drangonball Z card game had a max hand size of 3 and had some of the most combo synergy I have ever played...I miss that game. But I get your point.  :D

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 09:22:31 PM
That was a great game. They need to make these two card systems with that kind of feedback synergy. Like character cards and base stats get modified by faction cards. Or vise versa

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 09:27:40 PM
40 x 1.4 x  x 1.6 rather than 40 + 16 + 24

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 02:52:29 PM
Well there are synergies and absolutely what I would call light builds since it's not an RPG. It's actually kind of amazing it isn't flooded with needless rpg elements. Dear lord, too many games were overly complicated by RPGness that just had to be there because it wasn't done better and in a less grindy way in Metroidvanias. I do worry this 'progession' just means more grinding and more like an RPG. I don't really want that... I want the shooter and brawler elements to be improved on and expanded... I don't want another RPG-like.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 05:32:22 PM
With any Brawler/Shooter these days the standard perk/combo changes are usually expected.  They have synergistic means of boosting DPS or Utility based on those. 

Though, talking about this seems rather moot before testing out the new gun upgrades.  The gun upgrades seems like the most RPG element thus far.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 07:14:27 PM
Forge system sounds very exciting because I do enjoy RPG elements. Just keep in mind that people who don't like dealing with cards and builds and stuff like that are still effective, most cards are just side-grades and alternate boosts to play. I still use Hans' original card that speeds up his recharge, Kon's first card is still deadly as it gives him an 8 second recharge with an aleph boost, I still use all the basic Wardog cards that give them a flat healing boost, I still like Lycus shield recharge (but I have a rare one), etc... The characters are still plenty effective with their base cards, but some people may want to mix things up to make their personal play style more effective. But Lv0's can still be effective with what they start with.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:21:30 PM by LordDraco3 »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 08:21:30 PM
I saw BloodNekoKiux's video going over the changes and it sounded to me like you will eventually HAVE to play both Antagonist and Raider in order to get experience. Rewarding optimal experience for "balancing" the two is one thing, but how much will I be penalized if I choose not to play Antagonists at all? Say I just don't enjoy that gameplay and favor Raiders and want to play exclusively Raider? What would happen?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:38:42 PM by Level9Drow »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 10:00:08 PM
I saw BloodNekoKiux's video going over the changes and it sounded to me like you will eventually HAVE to play both Antagonist and Raider in order to get experience. Rewarding optimal experience for "balancing" the two is one thing, but how much will I be penalized if I choose not to play Antagonists at all? Say I just don't enjoy that gameplay and favor Raiders and want to play exclusively Raider? What would happen?

From what I understand of the patch notes you still get xp no matter what, but if you keep a good equilibrium between raider and antag use you get an xp bonus. The more balanced the play is the better the xp bonus. If you lose balance you just don't have the xp boost.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:02:40 PM by Power Penguin »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 02, 2018, 10:15:01 PM

From what I understand of the patch notes you still get xp no matter what, but if you keep a good equilibrium between raider and antag use you get an xp bonus. The more balanced the play is the better the xp bonus. If you lose balance you just don't have the xp boost.

Oh, thank you for the good news. That's a relief to know. I will have an XP bonus anyways, so I'm not worried. And even if I didn't and I gained XP at only a "normal" rate, I wouldn't mind. I enjoy playing this game enough that I could play it and enjoy myself with only a steady gain, so long as it isn't a snails pace. I can play the game without HAVING to play Antag, that's good news.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 12:21:16 AM

What Power Penguin said is right, I did not mean to convey it like you thought I interpreted it. I will do better in the future to convey it more clearly and sorry for the misunderstanding. :(

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 03, 2018, 12:30:28 AM
No, don't sweat it, man. I love your vids on RotBP, they taught me a tremendous amount when I was a Baby Harec  at level zero trying to figure out things.

Coziest place on Youtube.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 03, 2018, 12:30:50 AM
I believe the balance is total playerbase balance, with keeping it close to the middle giving an xp boost to every player. There is a point in the video where it shows a screen containing player names that with Raider affinity on the left, and names with Antag affinity on the right. So if 80% of the active players have the same affinity type vs. 20%, it will be very unbalanced and we will not get the universal xp boost. But having close to 50/50 will.

There will be cards that you can only draw from the deck using one affinity or the other, and affinity is set by how you gained the xp leading up to your most recent level. If 20% of that xp was gained as antag, your affinity is set to Antagonist.