Author Topic: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ  (Read 30433 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ
Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 03:07:25 AM
WAIT! Wait a minute...wait...wait a fricken second........
Who the F*** is Rak Mayura?!?!?!?  (O_O)'

next wardog, you can see his portrait in the STEAM achievements

How bout' that! He's a bald guy with a beard.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 05:49:52 AM
I can't say I really understand the affinity system. Out of everything it confuses me the most. At first glance, it seems like a good versus evil scale we slide one way or the other on depending on if we pick Raider or Antagonist. So, does this mean playing as one is detrimental to the other? Otherwise, do they not interact with each other directly and the game merely looks at what you have 'more' affinity at any given time? Can you clarify exactly how Affinity works since this is a completely new system? I didn't see it properly explained in the video.

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 04:13:14 PM
I can't say I really understand the affinity system. Out of everything it confuses me the most. At first glance, it seems like a good versus evil scale we slide one way or the other on depending on if we pick Raider or Antagonist. So, does this mean playing as one is detrimental to the other? Otherwise, do they not interact with each other directly and the game merely looks at what you have 'more' affinity at any given time? Can you clarify exactly how Affinity works since this is a completely new system? I didn't see it properly explained in the video.

Every player has a level and an affinity, the affinity represents how they reached that specific level.

For example, if reaching that level requiered 1000XP, some of that XP was acquired playing as a Raider and some playing as an Antagonist. If 20% or more of that XP was acquired playing as the Antagonist, you will have Antagonist affinity. Otherwise, it'll be Raider affinity.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 08:21:51 PM

Every player has a level and an affinity, the affinity represents how they reached that specific level.

For example, if reaching that level requiered 1000XP, some of that XP was acquired playing as a Raider and some playing as an Antagonist. If 20% or more of that XP was acquired playing as the Antagonist, you will have Antagonist affinity. Otherwise, it'll be Raider affinity.

I don't think 20% was mentioned before, that's good to know. I was assuming only the final XP that causes a level has to be as raider or antag to set it. Will we be able to see how much each type has affected us while leveling? So we can better estimate if we need to play more antagonist matches to get antagonist affinity?

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 03:21:20 AM
Is it possible this values will change over time? To be honest, 20% seems sort of low to override your affinity from Raider but maybe on average that seems just right. My suggestion, since there does seem to be some confusion is maybe to do a short video that focuses just on Affinity after a Raider, and an Antagonist match so we can what that will be like. Not everyone will make it over to the forum after all. Thank you for getting back to us so quickly!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:23:02 AM by Quanrian »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 04:48:56 AM
I agree that a video would be helpful :)
20% doesn't sound bad, even the most hardcore antagonists (I always stay in the top 3 red ranks) will play countless more Raider matches than they will Antag matches. But of course that was previously due to lack of rewards, there was no point to play antag that much other than fun. Now I feel like people will play it a lot more, but who knows how much xp will be rewarded per match type? Feels like a "wait and see then give feedback" kinda deal.

alfredoluis

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 11:05:34 AM
This sounds like some really good changes and a good way to play the game. I am definitely looking forward to the panic mode by spending gold to bring the pilot around, coolest part is that it gives the antagonist extra points and prizes even if he loses. It makes him look like a real bad guy i like that a lot, i don't play as the antagonist often but i like the idea it gives the game some realism. Great job!!  ;D 8)

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 01:37:32 AM
Okay, I'm not one to nit-pick things about a "how does this work" for a game and just say it's just a game; BUT I MUST KNOW, how does giving gold make Cortez come back faster? I can only think of 3 answers, 1: We are paying another mercenary pilot to come. 2: We know that gold is use as an conductor for Aleph (cause the artifacts are made from gold) so we're literally using the gold to make the ship go faster. 3: Cortez is a douche has been able to do this all along and was not the cool guy I thought he was. I hope it's not number 3.  :o

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 03:20:12 AM
Okay, I'm not one to nit-pick things about a "how does this work" for a game and just say it's just a game; BUT I MUST KNOW, how does giving gold make Cortez come back faster? I can only think of 3 answers, 1: We are paying another mercenary pilot to come. 2: We know that gold is use as an conductor for Aleph (cause the artifacts are made from gold) so we're literally using the gold to make the ship go faster. 3: Cortez is a douche has been able to do this all along and was not the cool guy I thought he was. I hope it's not number 3.  :o

LOL good point! I seem to be the only one that likes Cortez in my group for some reason, everyone gets so angry that he gives out rating and never enough blueprints....

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 07:33:53 PM
Should I be locking my rare cards?!?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 08:22:33 PM

Yes you should, because after the update you will lose it when you shuffle your cards. And it might not be available to you until you reach a certain level to unlock it again (and I think, rare cards will most likely be locked behind high levels).

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 08:28:51 PM

Yes you should, because after the update you will lose it when you shuffle your cards. And it might not be available to you until you reach a certain level to unlock it again (and I think, rare cards will most likely be locked behind high levels).

THANK YOU B30!!!

Time to get grinding tonight! :)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 09:45:01 PM
You will not lose any cards you already have. You do not need to lock them unless you plan on rolling. You can wait until after the update to lock, when locking will cost half as much as it currently does.

They only warned to lock BEFORE ROLLING due to the possibility of a desired card then getting level locked.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 11:45:30 PM
You will not lose any cards you already have. You do not need to lock them unless you plan on rolling. You can wait until after the update to lock, when locking will cost half as much as it currently does.

They only warned to lock BEFORE ROLLING due to the possibility of a desired card then getting level locked.

Oh, ok. Are you sure? I'm feeling insecure now with conflicting advice. Maybe I'll grind and do it to be on the safe side, because I finally, after hundreds of thousands of character points, for Rare Lift. And I REALLY don't want to get it again.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 12:01:10 AM

Oh, ok. Are you sure? I'm feeling insecure now with conflicting advice. Maybe I'll grind and do it to be on the safe side, because I finally, after hundreds of thousands of character points, for Rare Lift. And I REALLY don't want to get it again.
No conflicting advice here, I already wrote, after the update you will lose your rare card (if it is not locked), when shuffling your cards, if you don't shuffle you won't lose anything that's obvious.