Author Topic: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ  (Read 30703 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ
on: March 23, 2018, 06:10:28 PM
Hades Betrayal, Raiders of the Broken Planet’s third campaign is almost here, and it will be accompanied by a totally new progression system that dramatically changes the way you play Raiders of the Broken Planet. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmlJ8gZR22w

Both, veteran and new players will find a more natural and accessible way to progress through the game. If you have been playing Raiders of the Broken Planet for a while, you’ll naturally have questions about how all these changes will affect you. We’ll try to cover all topics in detail in this thread, and if you have any specific question that we didn’t address, please post it below and the developers will be happy to clarify it.

Please, bear in mind the following applies only to the matchmaking game mode.

Level, rewards and character progression

o   All players start at Level 1.

-   Veteran players keep all unlocked Raiders, Weapons, Weapon Blueprints and Cards they have obtained so far, as well as their current Gold, Mercury Points, Faction Points and Invitations.

-   Character Points will disappear from the game. All cards will be managed with Faction Points only. All Character Points will be converted into Faction Points (of each Raiders’ corresponding Faction) at a 1:1 ratio.

-   Recruiting Raiders with Mercury Points will no longer be possible.

o   Players will level up by acquiring Experience Points (XP). All players are awarded XP at the end of each mission.

-   Gold, Faction Points and Blueprints will be acquired in the same way as they are now.

-   The Antagonist will no longer gain Stigmas. Instead, they will receive XP, Gold, Faction Points and Blueprints just like Raiders do. Antagonists will not share rewards with anyone, but they will still have to choose one between Gold, Faction Points and Blueprint.

o   You obtain additional rewards for leveling up.

-   They include Gold, temporary XP boosts and the capacity to forge better weapons.

-   Access to new Raiders and Cards also unlock upon reaching certain levels.
   Beware! Make sure to lock any Card that you don’t want to lose before shuffling! It might not be made available to you until a higher level.

-   Gold prices for recruiting Raiders have been reduced by 50%!

o   Every time you level up you will do so with either Raider or Antagonist affinity.

-   Your affinity is tied to how you gained your last level:

   If you got enough XP points playing as an Antagonist (20% of the total XP needed for that level), you will have Antagonist affinity. Otherwise your affinity will be Raider.

   You will be able to change your affinity when you level up again.

-   Building or upgrading weapons will require a specific Affinity.

-   Cards also have affinity. You will only be able to draw new cards of your current affinity. This will give you more control of which cards can come out of every shuffle.

   Cards can also come with a permanent XP modifier that make leveling up faster.

o   The higher your level is, the more powerful your Raiders become.
The Aequilibrium

The Aequilibrium

o    Aequilibrium is a delicate balance that determines the influence either the Raiders or the Uras-Beherit have over the Broken Planet.

-   Each player will be placed on a group with other players of similar level.

-   Whenever they level up with Raider or Antagonist affinity, the Aequilibrium will move in that direction.

-   All group members will receive better XP gains at the end of each mission if the Aequilibrium is balanced.

-   These Aequilibrium groups do not affect anything else outside of that XP bonus. You will still be able to play with anyone you like.

o      Forge System

-   Weapons can now be customized to suit each player’s style of play.

   Each weapon offers different options for customization.

   By leveling up, players will increase their forge level and build more powerful versions of their favorite weapons.

   Weapons are build and updated by spending a Blueprint.
*   As a consequence, Blueprint drop chances have been increased across the board.

o       New challenges

-   Just like the Raiders are getting stronger, the AI will also receive new difficulty levels.

   Your current MMR (matchmaking rating) is displayed on the main menu.

   When you queue for a match, you will be grouped with players of similar MMR.

   Higher MMRs result in higher difficulties and better prizes.

-   The Raiders will now have one opportunity to use gold during the Survive phase to make the Pilot return with Aleph instantly.

   If the Antagonist manages to make the Raiders panic and use that option, he/she will receive extra prizes at the end of the mission.

   This will allow the Antagonist to reach great scores even if the Raiders beat the mission.

o      Raider rank and Stigmas

-   The new leveling system replaces the current Raider and Antagonist ranks.

   All your Historical Stigmas accumulated will be traded for XP boosts at a 5:1 ratio.

   Your current Raider Rank will be traded for XP boosts at a 5:1 ratio.

   The maximum amount of XP boosts that you can receive in this fashion is 40.

-   This should make sure that veterans experience the new leveling up system properly but still come out ahead after playing for a few hours.

   Leveling up offers rewards that you really don’t want to miss! We believe XP boosts are a better way of getting veterans up to speed than directly giving them a high level and skipping some content.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:26:25 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Hades Betrayal Progression System FAQ
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 06:51:03 PM
I've been gushing in discord, but these changes all look amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this update!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 07:00:47 PM
O_O!

EDIT: Did you see that new HIVE skin?!? Pure EVOL!

The character on the main screen is fantastic.

On a more somber note, the lead developer said the changes were based on feedback from the community, that this was only the beginning of the potential changes they would make and humbly stated there would be other mistakes they might make and will update accordingly.

To this, I want to say, I feel like a spoiled child. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and responsiveness, and that it was WAY more than I could have expected, which makes me feel both grateful and a bit bratty.

Furthermore, to the humble statement of admitting to mistakes, you guys have already made such a passion project of amazing art and beauty, any mistakes are just rough edges on a diamond. My goodness, this is a great game! And know that we can see the sincere love you put into it.

Thanks guys!!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:08:02 PM by Level9Drow »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:04:51 PM
Question:

Since character points are no longer a thing, are we going to get more gold and faction points from missions ?

menguss70

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 01:39:23 AM
Fantastic MERCURY !!!! Very good !!  Riders Evolved !

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 01:52:09 AM
Question:

Since character points are no longer a thing, are we going to get more gold and faction points from missions ?

Rewards have been rebalanced around all the changes done to the economy. It's hard to make apples-to-apples comparisons but it's safe to say Faction Point income has increased.

SelQut

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 02:03:27 AM
I prefer to play solo, i still not get any progress ?

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 02:46:03 AM

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 07:05:00 AM
WAIT! Wait a minute...wait...wait a fricken second........
Who the F*** is Rak Mayura?!?!?!?  (O_O)'

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 09:06:54 AM
WAIT! Wait a minute...wait...wait a fricken second........
Who the F*** is Rak Mayura?!?!?!?  (O_O)'

next wardog, you can see his portrait in the STEAM achievements

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 02:36:06 PM
Looks good.  Thus far, it looks like the whole thing is well thought out.

Question though: If you're a Lvl 20 Antagonist and the only Raiders queueing are Lvl 1s (or vice versa), will this make it harder to find a match?  If not, will the Lvl 1 side get greater rewards for facing off against such powerful opponents?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 09:49:12 PM
Question: Will there be any change to how drawing and locking cards works? In the video it looks like there's a few cards that are lit up compared to the rest, and I see some can only be drawn with raider affinity and others as antagonist, which I suppose will help narrow the pool of what can be drawn down to better obtain what we want. Is that the only changes?

With the addition of more cards into the game, it lessens my hope of getting a specific rare card that already exists, because my chances get statistically lower with each additional card added to the game.
I have spent thousands of points trying to get Hovercraft for Hans, or Emergence for Konstantin, but on Kon's card screen I see Emergence is his highest level card :( And it looks like he has double the amount of cards in the video, which lowers my chances even more :( :(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:50:55 PM by LordDraco3 »

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 09:50:02 PM
Looks good.  Thus far, it looks like the whole thing is well thought out.

Question though: If you're a Lvl 20 Antagonist and the only Raiders queueing are Lvl 1s (or vice versa), will this make it harder to find a match?  If not, will the Lvl 1 side get greater rewards for facing off against such powerful opponents?

Your level represents how strong you characters are, your own playing skill also affects your ability to fight off better opponents. Both of those aspects are measured by your MMR. Your MMR is shown on the main menu and will affect against whom you are matched.

Answering your question: If somehow there was only one high MMR Antagonist and all queued Raiders were of low MMR, the system would give a time penalty to the Antagonist hoping that better MMR Raiders will show up. If none have shown up in a while, the Antagonist would be matched against lower MMR Raiders.

One of the bigger factors in calculating rewards is the "Antagonist skill bonus"; that is the Antagonist's MMR. Therefore, even though those Raiders will face a harder-than-average match, they will also get better prizes at the end.

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 10:13:29 PM
Question: Will there be any change to how drawing and locking cards works? In the video it looks like there's a few cards that are lit up compared to the rest, and I see some can only be drawn with raider affinity and others as antagonist, which I suppose will help narrow the pool of what can be drawn down to better obtain what we want. Is that the only changes?

With the addition of more cards into the game, it lessens my hope of getting a specific rare card that already exists, because my chances get statistically lower with each additional card added to the game.
I have spent thousands of points trying to get Hovercraft for Hans, or Emergence for Konstantin, but on Kon's card screen I see Emergence is his highest level card :(

Drawing, shuffling and locking work just like they do now, however, there's a new tool to manipulate luck: Antagonist and Raider affinity.

All cards in the deck are marked with either Raider or Antagonist affinity. Whenever you draw card (whether its from drawing or shuffling), you'll get one (at random) from your current affinity. This doubles your chances of drawing your favourite card if you manage your affinity properly.

Cards also come with an XP boost, so maybe you'll want that on your favourite card or maybe any card with a high XP boost will do until you reach some personal goal, that's up to you :)

This new update is about putting forth new features into the game. It is not about removing anything that has previously been attained. I'll try to explain as much as possible here so players who have already invested time can make an informed decision on how to better prepare for the new progression changes:

- You will not lose any of the cards you currently own unless you decide to shuffle them away
- Prices for shuffling and locking have changed. Shuffling is more expensive (roughly double), locking is cheaper (roughly half)
- Rare card probability has increased dramatically
- Attaining the necessary level before you can get the highest level cards for each character will take a while. We're giving veterans XP boosts to speed up that process greatly.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:21:43 PM by MSE_Amat »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
At first I didn't like the idea of having certain cards tied to affinity, but it definitely sounds good as far as limiting the pool of cards we can draw from so give us a higher chance of getting something we have our heart set on. I also like hearing that rare cards have a higher chance of being drawn :) I don't feel like most of them are *that* much better than their regular counterparts to justify rolling endlessly for them, but some are and then there are some characters with rare-only cards, like the ones I named.