Author Topic: Who is the new girl on main page?!  (Read 9914 times)

Aspire_Ano

• View Profile
Who is the new girl on main page?!
on: March 20, 2018, 03:05:27 AM
She looks awesome. The character designs are always great! I hope she is playable! Please Mercury, you just gotta!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Who is the new girl on main page?!
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
Where? I don't see her. :(

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 06:32:27 PM
Where? I don't see her. :(

?
Click on the R logo in the top left of the forums and she pops up. Or go to www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:38:44 PM
Looks like a new Alicia skin to me :)

The only reason I say that is because she's in 5th council attire. And we already know what the 4rth 5th council character is going to look like from the Campaign Comic book cover for the final Campaign, we can see her with Konstantin, she has mechanical arms, a black body suit and blond hair.

This has been the case for all the new characters, for the most part, like we could see Anaya on the Hades Betrayal  poster and Laoth on the Wardog poster. We didn't see Shneider, but we can see that the Hades Division character slot has 2 empty slots available in the character select screen.

Since 5th council only have one slot and that slot is going to be filled by the blonde girl than this must be a skin and not a new character.

Could be the new wardog character, but that doesn't equal the 2 males 2 females they have been going for in each faction, the next wardog will be a male, if this this logic follows. Hedes Division being the exception because they have a 5th slot whereas everyone else only has 4. Also, Wardogs don't dress in 5th Council attire, so yea, probably a skin. And from the looks of the face and color of the hair, it may be an Alicia skin, but that's weird because she already has a 5th council skin...hmmmm ?????

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:57:22 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:07:47 PM
99% sure she's the pilot of the giant robot boss depicted behind her. Also seen in Hans' comic, and the concept art of the girl wearing an unzipped purple jumpsuit. Not an Alicia skin or 5th council.

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:12:48 PM
its aneska she is gonna be a boss in a mech suit, we seen her in hans comic

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:43 PM
Oh yea....because that mech, if we look on the other screen shots sent by Mercurysteam show the mech has a female name. Good looking out, wow.

But I think this means sh's not going to be a playable character. You can't have one player driving a mech, that's...crazy! Is she the final boss? I thought it was going to be Kraucher. Ooohh, things are getting juicy. Can't wait til' the 4th.

On a side note: Have you ever looked through the game aids they have? Where it shows pictures of different enemy units it shows a 5th council female sniper. It also shows the same 5th council sniper on the image of the In Shock mission, standing there with Kuzzman, beholder and Hollow One. It also shows this 5th council sniper on the losing screen when you lose to 5th council. Where are the 5th coouncil snipers???? Hope we see them soon.

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 07:24:57 PM
it sucks that she isnt going to be playable, her design is so a1

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 07:28:34 PM
Why wouldn't she be playable? Kuzman is a boss from In Shock and is playable.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 07:36:41 PM
Yeah that bot is going to be the Hades 4th mission boss, the Steam achievements that were added a week or two ago confirm it (the icon is that robot's head). It doesn't seem like there's enough space on the roster, but she still could be playable, possibly? After all Kuzmann flies around and blasts the whole arena in his boss fight, but he can't do any of that as a player ;) Right now all speculation though, but she does look pretty cool.

And yeah can't wait for those snipers, probably waiting to add them in with the Council campaign. They have Ginebra's body type if you check their steam card, so may have bowguns.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 07:41:45 PM
Why wouldn't she be playable? Kuzman is a boss from In Shock and is playable.

Well, if she was she wouldn't be in a giant mech. From a developer's point of view you would want to showcase the character and her abilities (and they might, outside of her mech) and she's driving a big mech. You fight Kuzzman using his abilities, albeit enhanced, but it's essentially Kuzzman. I couldn't see a player in a giant mech that's 40 feet tall in the game. Could you CQC them? Would she have hundreds of health? Would she one shot with a single punch? etc...

The other problem is, what faction? Hades Division is getting 2, Anaya and Schneider and there are only two slots available on the character select screen that are empty thus implying these two. Also, 3 characters for Hades Division? Even if we were to ignore the 2 only slots available and assume they would change that, it seems like a lot for one faction. That would mean Hades Division get 6 heroes total. All other factions, apparently, are getting a total of 4.

Another theory is she might be a 5th Council boss crashing in on the Hades Division campaign. The mech doesn't look very 5th council-ish, her get up does. Who knows. But then this would mean the blonde female on the 5th council Campaign poster would not be the next 5th council. Hmmm...???

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 08:20:19 PM
She looks like Irmgard von Schmidthausen, the daughter of Hubert von Schmidthausen, a famous Mech pilot who fought in the private army of General Krausher back in the days on Earth.  ;D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 08:43:41 PM
She looks like Irmgard von Schmidthausen, the daughter of Hubert von Schmidthausen, a famous Mech pilot who fought in the private army of General Krausher back in the days on Earth.  ;D

Where can I see this lore? I couldn't find anything about this in the comics.

Derclaw

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 09:33:29 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/436180/achievements/
Seems like she is the boss of the story and we dont have Character Achievements for her. So its either she wont be playble yet, or wont be plyable at all.

But I would think twice about NOT making her into playable character XD - she looks cool, and we need more Hades females on the roster. And I guess devs can figure something out about her mech-related power.

I guess one reason may be so we wont have Hades overload with 3 Hades chars in one campaing. So They will only roll 2 + the Dogs\Council third dude and round everything up at fourth campaing, so each faction will end up with 5-6 chars.

Still would be good to know that devs have plans of bringing the poster-gal as playable char eventually.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:49:01 PM by Derclaw »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
Yeah I didn't even consider the lack of character achievement. Boss yes, character no (but maybe?)