Author Topic: Difficulty hybrid  (Read 2932 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Difficulty hybrid
on: March 15, 2018, 09:03:09 AM
So I had this idea while playing with some friends. Instead of having straight up difficulty setting why not have have ELO difficulty brackets, let me explain. So the way it would work is that for example you would pick easy, easy's ELO bracket would be from 21-30% difficulty. Now the ELO rating for for easy would never be able exceed 30% difficulty. If you where to switch to normal the ELO bracket would be from 31-40% (these are just made up values). When you play normal your ELO would never be able to go below 31% or go above 41%. Of course rewards would have to appropriately balanced with higher difficulties giving higher rewards. This would give players more control over their difficulty but still reward you for playing well (and still keep the ELO system in place). Let me know what you think.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty hybrid
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:31:59 PM
Hi Power Penguin,

Thank you very much for your suggestion! As you know, we are working on a big update for the progression system that's going to change many things. Please, keep an eye on our social media as we hope to announce the changes soon.

Thank you!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
Ooh! I can't wait for the update!!! Thank you for responding to the post, Karen. You always bring good news!

Power Pengun, this system sounds amazing!

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:04:35 PM
ME TOO!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 12:46:05 AM
ME TOO!!!

Make more RotBK videos!!! What happen to the coziest place on TouTube? :)