Author Topic: Player Injection  (Read 4118 times)

PinothyJ

• View Profile
Player Injection
on: March 06, 2018, 08:32:56 AM
The biggest problem with this game is its independence which has led to only a grass-roots-esque PR campaign which has led to only a small player base. What is needed now is some kind of injection into the game to kick it back into gear.

The easiest way I can think of is to throw the first paid campaign onto a PS Plus month (I have no idea of the behind the scenes logistics of this). Since you will have a month of curious people jumping into the PS4 version of the game it should hopefully be enough to keep folks around and have a lot more games being played.

I only have PC and a PS4 so I cannot speak for Microsoft's equivalent offerings but I think that this is the least expensive way to throw as many people at this as possible. Plus the way that PS Plus works, with users getting their games at a specific time, means that the players should be jumping into the fray all around the same time.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Player Injection
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:06:56 AM
Games with Gold is the Xbox equivalent.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:21:49 PM
I think the need to make all the maps free for the first week. Get em hooked. Ha. Also, they need to make Ginebra free. She is arguably the most fun to play and the hardest to kill.

She's great at everything. Specialty characters should cost, all around characters need to be included in base picks.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:42:55 PM
Mercury had the second campaign available on PS Plus during December with the release of the second campaign. Also a 50% discount of the Alien Myths Episode.

I think is better to have some kind of offers in every platform simultaneously.

Steam Allows to have a game for free during a period of time.
Xbox 1 game pass and PS4 PS Plus.

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 03:16:11 AM
I think they just need to flesh out the Eternal Soldier campaign, if they re-did the tutorial and made it an actual mission (as I don't think that tutorial even shows you how Harec plays!) and then added two more missions, maybe to free Alicia and Konstantin? That would give you the first 4 characters and a legit campaign to grind in,

Instead of one mission and whatever one is free that week

I was incentivised to buy the other campaigns because I wanted more content after managing to get 40 hours out of Alien Myths.