Author Topic: This Game of Yours  (Read 4413 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
This Game of Yours
on: February 28, 2018, 12:57:18 AM
Hello Mercurysteam team,

I know I have made many post about this game, some of them out of frustration and...well, no most of them out of frustration. But I want you to know it's because I care and fricken LOVE this game. If I didn't like this game, then any of it's issues I would just shrug my shoulders and move on to another game. I'm sure you are aware of the idea that we tend to scrutinize that which we love and ignore what we don't care about.

But I wanted to let you know that you DO have an AMAZING game here. I am an armature comic artist, Computer Gaming school drop out, have been through 3 unsuccessful indie comic book companies as an illustrator and have published my comics. I may not have been successful. but what I can say is I have an eye for excellent character design and fun game-play mechanics. You have this in spades. Tripple A quality characters, and abilities and powers. I love the epic scope of the levels; up in the sky going 300 MPH running across giant platforms where bloated Aleph mutants whine with a storm in the background, running through a giant ancient shifting stone maze where sleeping guardians  lie, Giant Sky Catfish and a grumpy old dilapidated red ship for a home with a tattoo on it, Giant Lovecraftian space demon who takes up the WHOLE LEVEL, and a fat Aleph giant with tentacles who's face you have to open up to shoot. LOL it's fantastic!!

Many people may be philistines and are unable to appreciate this, but I immediately noticed and it is very original in this world of gaming where everything is un-risky carbon copies of each-other and play it safe with stale PC approved characters. Lycus Dion took a picture with Lemy? Is that not cool or what? Commander Shephard ain't remotely that cool. Hive, a naked alien babe has flying leeches for babies used as weapons, Overwatch has yet to unveil an alien hero, I've been waiting even before this game came out, it is in the future and sci-fi.

And most of all, you guys have an active campaign mode. That is light years more than modern online games. It's shameful how modern online games are incomplete products. I'm a gen X-er so for me I expect ALL games to have some sort of campaign mode, and PvP was an added "perk" to the actual game.

The style is very appealing as well, this Mad-Max, Sci-Fi, Gorillaz, Border Lands, with a small dash of humor and anime 3rd person Gears of War mixed with Warframe and Street Fighter is fantastic.

I won't continue on, but I see and appreciate the passion, thought and love that clearly shows went into this game. This has entered one of my all time favorites. Don't go the way Evolve went, that was one of my all time faves as well and was amazing and original.

Thanks for the awesome game, will continue to play and looking forward to the future campaign modes and Raiders. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:08:37 AM by Level9Drow »

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Re: This Game of Yours
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:26:36 AM

The style is very appealing as well, this Mad-Max, Sci-Fi, Gorillaz, Border Lands, with a small dash of humor and anime 3rd person Gears of War mixed with Warframe and Street Fighter is fantastic.

No better way to describe it

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: This Game of Yours
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:55:28 PM
Hi, Level9Drow!

Thank you so much for this post. As we see you often post on the forum, we realize you really care about the game. We want you to know we listen to you and we are putting all our efforts to make Raiders of the Broken Planet even better.

Reading your post has been refreshing to me as I feel the same way about the game and I agree with you in a lot of things. Thank you for your words, they are truly inspiring.

Karen