Author Topic: Penalized for 5-minutes for no reason  (Read 2496 times)

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Penalized for 5-minutes for no reason
on: January 10, 2019, 03:23:41 AM
Me and my friend decided to jump on this game after a little while and when I go to get on the game, it said that I've been penalized for 5 minutes for abandoning a match, when I don't remember ever doing so. I'm not the rage quitting type, and my friends can vouch for that. This is the second time I've been penalized after a long period of time for not playing this game. I don't know if this has happened to others or not but I am honestly getting annoyed.
If they need my gamertag to check my play history, it's Soul Devourer20 on Xbox One.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Penalized for 5-minutes for no reason
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:15:12 AM
It happens to everyone from time to time. If your internet acted up or your power went out during the match, you are treated as though you quit and will recieve a 5 minute penalty and warned not do it more or there will be harsher consequences. I havent heard of anyone being permanently banned, but rest assured, it happens to everyone.

Soul Devour

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:09 AM
It happens to everyone from time to time. If your internet acted up or your power went out during the match, you are treated as though you quit and will recieve a 5 minute penalty and warned not do it more or there will be harsher consequences. I havent heard of anyone being permanently banned, but rest assured, it happens to everyone.

I see. I understand that, that can happen but it'd be nice if it didn't. It's kind of a mood killer if your penalized for 5 minutes or longer just because of a match that you get disconnected out of. Even if I got disconnected, I usually join back in, not just leave it to make me become penalized later.
I hope this work on this bug, because as I said, it's a mood killer.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:18:05 PM
Hi Soul Devour,

We are sorry you experienced this. We keep working to improve this system having in mind the different scenarios. As you may know, we recently introduced a Troubleshooting system in game so the players can contact us easily. If you encounter any issue, please don't hesistate to contact us there or send an email to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com and we'll be happy to help you.

Thank you very much in advance.