Author Topic: Loaht's ability should not kill him  (Read 5458 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Loaht's ability should not kill him
on: February 23, 2018, 07:21:04 PM
If Loaht is not getting shot at and his timer runs out he should go into a downed state (you could rationalise that being in beast form takes a lot out of him). If he is in beast form and the last hit takes away his remaining life then he should die. I think this is better than just straight up killing when his timer runs out.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Loaht's ability should not kill him
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:23:50 PM
Or at the very least, there should be a unique character card that does what you are proposing.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:34:58 PM
I think it should kill him, but also recharge faster.  Since there is increased risk with speed of decay then there should be increased reward with speed of becoming enraged.

I mean, he has to be in melee range to kill stuff in the form, so it makes it useless on objectives anyway.  I kind of want to use it as an assassination tool, turn, hit an elite, turn back, collect aleph, take a shot, turn do it again. etc. See if it works/is worth it.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 10:15:24 PM
Or at the very least, there should be a unique character card that does what you are proposing.
A gold character card would be totally fine too.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:57:49 AM
Well, from an Antagonist point of view... having Loaht get downed instead would be beneficial. He's kind of a big bomb otherwise and you basically have to get away fast or get caught in the fallout. However, if he's just going to get downed... well you just swoop in and finish him off... like in your face you big bully! I did have one die recently chasing me when I went Doldren and they were so focused on getting that one hit that would kill me they forgot about their timer and blew. For me, this ended the match because they were the sole survivor and honestly I didn't look forward to fighting them. So you tell me, in that situation would they have been better off if they just got downed and I grabbed them instead?

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:04 AM
Hi guys!

Remember you can manually return Loath to his human form by using again the power when in beast, so you don't have to die if there aren't enemies to smash. Also by doing this you won't lose all the power-bar progress.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 02:00:38 PM
I think the point he might be trying to make is that new players never seem to realize it. Heck, I certainly didn't the first time I tried him. If I had any suggestion on that, make their controller vibrate to alert them to the danger or something really blunt that likewise informs them they need to change back now.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 06:40:30 PM
Hi guys!

Remember you can manually return Loath to his human form by using again the power when in beast, so you don't have to die if there aren't enemies to smash. Also by doing this you won't lose all the power-bar progress.

I know you can do this to save your skin and meter but that is not the point I'm trying to make.

I think the point he might be trying to make is that new players never seem to realize it. Heck, I certainly didn't the first time I tried him. If I had any suggestion on that, make their controller vibrate to alert them to the danger or something really blunt that likewise informs them they need to change back now.

If they decide not to change it (which they probably will not change) this would also be good since it makes it very clear that you are in danger.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 11:28:06 AM
I think it should kill him, but also recharge faster.  Since there is increased risk with speed of decay then there should be increased reward with speed of becoming enraged.

I mean, he has to be in melee range to kill stuff in the form, so it makes it useless on objectives anyway.  I kind of want to use it as an assassination tool, turn, hit an elite, turn back, collect aleph, take a shot, turn do it again. etc. See if it works/is worth it.
But it is exactly what you can do right now already - turn, quickly kill bunch of adds or elite, turn back and keep most of your skill bar. I use Loaht on very rare occasions because I suck with him, but the skill bar was never an issue. It fills very fast and you can turn him all the time.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 06:09:05 PM
It takes SEVERAL health bars to fill that rage meter.  And in maps where you're swarmed at higher difficulties that amount of health does not do very well when you're taking 200 damage a second.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 07:27:04 PM
I just think it doesn't last long enough to be considered useful.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 09:16:55 PM
It does damage to Schnedier Mech.  So it's worthwhile on that map.  (Credit Mike.)