Author Topic: 2 player Co-Op  (Read 12447 times)

ArlinRenamon

• View Profile
2 player Co-Op
on: February 16, 2018, 11:14:38 AM
A two player mode is definitely a necessity for a game like this, for those who would rather not party up with too many other players and would rather just team up with their close friends, or significant others. 

I suppose this probably sounds like ranting or whining, in which case I do apologize.  However I do believe that this game could benefit heavily from such an addition.

(This was an edited post, due to me not noticing the Suggestions Box underneath the Gameplay Feedack Thread.  Don't mind me.)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: 2 player Co-Op
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:50:49 PM
Yea I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I have a friend who is going to get this game soon and want to go through the story lines (all cut scenes and missions) with him on both campaigns. But most random people you group with don't want to go through the cut scenes or each mission in chronological story line order. And solo is kind of lonely and less rewarding.

ArlinRenamon

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 05:39:36 AM
Not to mention playing solo can be pretty punishing at times, since the game is meant to be played with multiple people.  At least being able to Co-Op with one other player would change that up immensely.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:17:33 AM
Playing solo on the highest difficulty setting is absolutely ridiculous, or is it just me?

ArlinRenamon

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
I completely agree, I imagine there are ways to cheese the game, (Pick better characters/loadouts, so on.) yet it'd just be more fun to play the game and enjoy it with a friend rather then require several others.  If you have several friends interested in the game, then you have that going for you at least, but if you don't, you are more or less kind of screwed.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 12:19:04 PM
Here's my two cents. Pair up with your significant other. Then, go into matchmaking and hopefully you find another like minded pair and that can work really well. Here's why... because two separate pairs who communicate can be incredibly effective without falling into clustering that makes AOE attacks all the more effective. This makes every mission much easier and you will also find sometimes having just two people grouped is actually faster than having three. Anyways, that's my two cents take it or leave it but I guarantee there is another pair waiting to group up with you in a similar situation.

ArlinRenamon

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:39:54 PM
While I'd like to agree with that and I do appreciate your addition, it's simply far too rare honestly.  If it were this easy honestly, I wouldn't be so hesitant to be fair with you.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:48 AM
Playing solo on the highest difficulty setting is absolutely ridiculous, or is it just me?

I thought that too at the start. I've since cleared 4 solos on Very Hard, having trouble with enemy Within right now. As you learn more about the game mechanics and just improve yourself, as well as using the correct characters and gear for the mission, Very Hard becomes fairly trivial. When I went through Hangin By a Thread I lost 0 lives!

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:27 PM
Same. No lives lost on Hanging by a Thread.  Stupid Death on In Shock cause those damn shotguns pushed me off the ledge trying to get the tentacle lodged up underneath the side.  Hah.

dicjones

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 04:17:58 AM
I agree, 2-player co-op would be great

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 08:09:42 AM
I think if they do two player then split screen would be grand so you could do local coop too. I think it'd be a great way to simply introduce the game to people you might have over. Still, once the game is complete who knows what we'll get... maybe even a Demake...

ArlinRenamon

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 05:16:22 PM
You're probably not wrong.  I'm just hoping they implement something like this sooner rather then never.