Author Topic: Solo Challenges!  (Read 3765 times)

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Solo Challenges!
on: February 14, 2018, 08:14:11 PM
Maybe pick a map and a difficulty and offer something that is locked behind paywall/grind for solo players once a week.  (Easier to get gun, cheaper skin, or (Maybe?) a character? depending on the difficulty of the challenge.  (Offer gold alternative for those already possessing that item). 

So, for instance giveaway Iune if you can solo Enemy Within on Very Hard. or something of the sort. Could even put an attempt cap if your pockets would like it better? 

Thought it'd be something engaging to solo players taking a time out from the long queue times to engage with.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Solo Challenges!
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
Ooo Ooo, I forgot. The ability to be in queue and do solo missions simultaneously would also be great.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:07:12 AM
Wow, I wish they had upvote capabilities on these forums. These are great ideas.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:18:05 AM
Yeah a reason to play solo after beating the mission would be nice. They always reply that this game is meant to be co-op to pretty much any solo mode talk, but these suggestions give solo a reason to keep existing without being a suggestion that would overpower the online play.

Something to jump into every so often, which I believe would encourage players to improve their skill level without the crutch of better players carrying or defending them, and giving occasional rewards outside of the current model. When I first played, I thought Very Hard was totally impossible, but I've cleared 4 Very Hard solos so far, actually did Hangin' By a Thread without a single life lost. It teaches optimal character choice and play style to deal with the objectives presented.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:07:19 PM
When I posted This video I had the same idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObUoVgbrVY

Adding single player challenges, like finishing a mission with an specific character and a certein level of difficulty that can give you a big reward of faction, character points, gold, mercury points, stigmas...

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:03 AM
The option to solo is literally there just so they can have "This game can also be played solo" on the game page.

Frankly a game that has is better than forcing co-op. The story and characters are great, but you might aswell not play it, if you are not into playing games online, which is sad.