Author Topic: Xbox One/Steam Cross-Network enabled  (Read 10269 times)

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Xbox One/Steam Cross-Network enabled
on: January 24, 2018, 06:30:56 PM
Raiders of the Broken Planet is now updated to V.07, and it introduces a new cross-network functionality that effectively allows to match Xbox One and Steam users together in the same game. This will effectively increase the number of concurrent players and reduce the queuing times, specially taking in consideration the new Mission of the Week feature introduced today.

Please, let us know what you think of these new measures. They are but an initial step towards the major progression update the design team is working on.
Thanks all for your support and see you at the Broken Planet!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:40:46 PM by MSE_Hellath »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One/Steam Cross-Network enabled
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:05:50 PM
EPIC!!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:14:23 PM
This is huge, thank you very much! How will inviting between Xbox and Steam work? Sorry have to ask, since there are specific people I might like to play with now that I can. Guessing this wont be done with Friend's list since Steam and Live do not share a friend's list. Also, does this make Win10 cross-play compatible with Steam as well?

MSE_Bert0

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 11:14:36 AM
This is huge, thank you very much! How will inviting between Xbox and Steam work? Sorry have to ask, since there are specific people I might like to play with now that I can. Guessing this wont be done with Friend's list since Steam and Live do not share a friend's list. Also, does this make Win10 cross-play compatible with Steam as well?

Steam is the platform where you can find users of Xbox and Ps4. Unfortunately, you only can play with them and not to invite them to your squad... but we think it´s great for all the platforms in case you are looking for users for the matchmaking...

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 03:36:32 PM

Steam is the platform where you can find users of Xbox and Ps4. Unfortunately, you only can play with them and not to invite them to your squad... but we think it´s great for all the platforms in case you are looking for users for the matchmaking...
Okay thank you for the confirmation, but this is still great news! =^.^=

ALXI5

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 04:55:17 PM
Oh!!! Awesome. Im very new in this game and I felt it awesome, but if I could, there are 2 thing that makes the game more incredible:
+ Be able to invite to your party some closs platform (is very hard to find people using matchmaking, and if there are more chances to have lot of people to invite to you party will be lot better)
+ cross log-in between platforms, I know that this could be insane because they have different systems and stores, but if you have 4ex ps4 and xbx and you will be  able to play with more people using your same account will be really awesome
Thanks

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 02:01:27 AM
I have a question. If XBOX can cross platform with Steam, and Steam can already cross platform with PS4 is it possible to be a Steam player and have both an XBOX and PS4 player on your team?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 07:01:15 PM
I have a question. If XBOX can cross platform with Steam, and Steam can already cross platform with PS4 is it possible to be a Steam player and have both an XBOX and PS4 player on your team?

No

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 07:39:05 PM
I figured. PS4 has been preventing this for a while now. It was indirectly confirmed by Enric Alvarez in his interview.

ALXI5

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 04:13:32 PM
Hey Guys, silly question... Considering that on XBONE you can see what is playing the PC user that is has sync the PC´s Xbox launcher with his Live Gametag, can you invite him to the games party?

Thanks,

KudosTYMGS

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 01:34:46 AM
So I play on Xbox One. I purchased the founders addition of the game. I don't have access to the exclusive founder skins. What's going on?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
So I play on Xbox One. I purchased the founders addition of the game. I don't have access to the exclusive founder skins. What's going on?

Xbox is having several issues at the moment not necessarily on MSE's end. Can't matchmake, and founders items are not being recognized like the elite skins and Valeria.

I recommend waiting for these things as they are working to fix, but per communication in discord, it may bee over the weekend before these issues are resolved between MSE and Microsoft. Current evidence points to a connectivity issue.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 07:44:32 AM
thank you very much for this change, i am sure it will shorten the queu times.