Author Topic: Weapon damages  (Read 3788 times)

alma41

• View Profile
Weapon damages
on: February 07, 2018, 07:41:18 AM
Is there a way to actually tell which weapon does the most damage for each character?  Reading the descriptions, but really testing on an equal field, maybe on solo, however my guess is that you can't get the distance the same each time for the closer quarter weapons since the enemies are moving usually.

Looking to Dion specifically if anyone cares to weigh in.  Thanks in advance.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon damages
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:04:26 PM
Hi alma41!

There's not such thing like a gun more powerful than other. Actually, they are conceived as sidegrades, not upgrades. This way you can adapt to different situations. But if you are playing for the first time, we would recommend you to practice with the basic gun, Dolores. Also, Pepper Pot could be a nice option too.

I hope it helps, thank you very much!

alma41

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:43:35 PM
Thanks for the reply, so then it sounds like they are designed to do equally equal amounts but disperse it differently (spray, vertical/horizontal, etc)  I guess then my focus should be which one does the most up close and concentrated with an aligned shot.  Been rolling with pepper, but that was based just on the description.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 10:08:47 PM
It's a bit more complex than that. Certain weapons might do better burst damage but less sustained damage. They also do different damage at different ranges. You might expect all weapons to drop off as you shoot further but some drop off if you shoot too close. Due to this, some experimentation is required to get a proper 'feel' for the gun because they are very unique from one another. Also, as I try and remind people you aren't often expected to kill anything by yourself as the quickest way to kill 'anything' including another player is in pairs using a mixture of shooting and melee. You might find, neither melee or guns by themselves will give the best results but rather a combination of those two and of course having help from your team so you can efficiently clear enemies.

alma41

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 08:29:42 PM
So I like what you said her, and it makes complete sense about the combination of weapon damage and cqc, which I completely agree with 100%....as a raider though.   However, when you jump on as antag (be it because you are bored, everyone is rolling in teams and you are sitting in the mission que like a fool, or you just want to test a new set up out), there is a good chance of running into a team of 2 level 15's, a 13 and an 11 or something like that, who stick completely together 99.8% of the time and you can not cqc as the other three immediately lunge the split second your invincibility wears off killing the 1st one.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:01:43 AM
Raiders typically have far less health than NPCs. So anything that works well on an NPC will work 'really' well on a player. Pepper Pot for example can be devastating to either a player or a NPC and require only a punch usually to finish them off. However, Lycus has his faults too and you will find no single character is good at everything... rather they excel at somewhat particular things. For instance, if you are an Antagonist you have to think differently in that you're trying to stall or get kills. Thus, certain weapons or characters might be really good for a certain mission and not so great at others. Although, a lot has to do with Raiders' collective skill in addition to what characters they choose. In other words, there is no winning solution and instead it's more about being adaptable on both sides of the equation.