Author Topic: Ban this player please  (Read 5543 times)

YuliyaM

• View Profile
Ban this player please
on: January 01, 2018, 11:30:24 PM
Several times come across a player under the nickname of *******, who in the game sits in cover and does nothing. But it is present in the game and moves from time to time so that it is not thrown out of the game by an automatic ban system. *** But the reward always picks up  >:(  ***
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:11:23 PM by MSE_TENKA »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Ban this player please
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:32:26 AM
I think they might also need to know your platform you're playing on.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:10:58 PM
Hi YuliyaM,

We have an automatic system that bans users with inappropriate behaviours. I have edited the post as we want to avoid direct mentions in order to keep a safe and fun community.

See you on the Broken Planet!

YuliyaM

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:49:06 PM
Hi YuliyaM,

We have an automatic system that bans users with inappropriate behaviours. I have edited the post as we want to avoid direct mentions in order to keep a safe and fun community.

See you on the Broken Planet!
    ah .. well .. then we will play three together getting with this player and he will also receive reward together with everyone. ok, I get it

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 01:49:15 AM
I guess that "automatic system" isn't doing a good job, considering how often it is I see this type of behavior in game. If only there were a system in place for getting rewards based on performance, rather than getting a reward for simply existing on the winning (or losing, for those who purposely waste lives) team.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 02:18:17 PM
Currently, if a player if AFK for 45 seconds a warning message appears. If 80 seconds passes, the player will be kicked from the match. If he or she doesn’t reconnect to the game, this player will receive a temporary ban.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 06:53:04 PM
That's all? That will stop literally nobody if their intention is to leech off of other players. As the original poster said, the person (whose name was edited out of the post, meaning everyone else will get the joy of being caught unaware) would tap the controller every now and then, preventing them from being kicked. On console, simply placing your remote on the floor in a position where the right stick is being tilted would prevent that, and on PC, I'm sure there's billions of ways to get around that sort of AFK Kick system. I'm still fully in support of a 'Vote to Kick' function, to get rid of these types of players, since it seems that the devs are against making private sessions.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:56:17 PM by PersonMcHuman »

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 08:04:04 PM
There are several systems working at same time, there are for example protocols against players who chain-suicide, making the team lose. This was one of the first problems we detected thanks to the community's feedback.

We detect malicious patterns of behaviour in our backend and we act in consequence. We have also very strict protocols against cheaters or rage quitters.

On top of this, there are several other types of bans, not only "soft bans": there are monthly bans or even permanent bans.

We have team members monitoring this in a daily basis.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:38:05 AM
I can only say I've seen a decline in rage quitting but certain things like difficulty are only able to gauged by more experienced players. You 'will' see it at the end but newer players might be confused why those enemies are suddenly spawning 'way' faster than before. Is it possible to display the difficulty as you play through GUI? I am almost positive it can increase throughout a mission but since I only see the end result it's hard to prove.