Author Topic: Fun with Iune  (Read 5358 times)

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Fun with Iune
on: December 20, 2017, 03:15:04 AM
Time for another Positive topic!

I have been greatly enjoying Iune so far! I’m the type of player that tends to select Healers or Support classes, and that was always the one thing I couldn’t quite get with Raiders. Not anymore! Her heal can feel like a game-changer when timed right.

I’m still unlocking Character Cards for her presently, but I think I like “Angelic” the best from description. Has anyone else had strong experiences with a specific loadout?

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun with Iune
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:33:39 PM
She's still very rare. Whenever I see her in matches she's being played by the rare few that either stashed/farmed Gold for a while or just outright bought her since as far as I know she's not part of any bundle. She is currently who I'm trying to unlock but I'm not there quite yet... maybe in a day or two.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 02:34:21 PM
Yeah, I’m certainly one of the “stashed a ton of gold before she was even announced” folks. I wish you luck in saving up, and hope you enjoy her as much as I do!

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:11:16 PM
Currently I think angelic is to good and is a must pick. IUNE biggest strength is that she can heal allies out of a wounded state, so keeping the cool down low on her heal makes her very strong. I also use stoicism, with this card plus her ability to gain an ally makes her hard to kill, if you stay close to your team and created ally. IUNE is very good as a raider, and breaks my personal rule of bringing only one alien on a mission because of what she can do for her team.

Now this is just me being crazy, but I have been testing out builds and strategies with IUNE as an antagonist. It goes about as well as I thought which is not that great, her weapons are strong and healing elites is useful; but, unlike the other characters she is very dependent on her cards to be viable. As an antagonist she either must go for a bust damage build or an elite heal build. With harmony and cautious she can quickly put raiders in a wounded state, but she relies on the NPC’s to confirm the kill. With abnegation and munificent she can keep elite NPC’s alive while using them as shields to avoid harm, the problem is that elites are not that hard to kill in the first place. But the biggest problem she has as the antagonist is that unlike the other cast she has no defensive options or ways to escape. Pulse she loses her ability to create an ally since there in nothing for her to turn in one (other than another IUNE created ally).

But she is my favorite character thus far in this game, and I absolutely would not change anything about her. :)     

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:16:01 AM
I killed my entire team with Iune on Marmalade's last phase yesterday when I used grapple on the aleph looting dude - he somehow got turned at the exact moment when he got 1 aleph and exploded instantly.
That was the weirdest OOPS moment I've had in game.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 04:54:56 PM
I killed my entire team with Iune on Marmalade's last phase yesterday when I used grapple on the aleph looting dude - he somehow got turned at the exact moment when he got 1 aleph and exploded instantly.
That was the weirdest OOPS moment I've had in game.

Oh dear!  :o Sorry to hear, Adder.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 12:53:11 AM
Iune is a lot of fun to play out of the box since the other 'snipers' require a new weapon to be played aggressively since their time between shots is quite low. On the contrary, this makes them fair choices as an Antagonist since your targets are far fewer. Not seen even once, an Iune as an Antagonist... might have to try it out!