Author Topic: Did windows store users can invite to team up with steam players ?  (Read 20801 times)

reizyzy

• View Profile
Don't know if i don't see or if it is not possible to join some friends that are playing through steam .

terrydavid86

• View Profile
They said they will add this in a update

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Does that mean Steam will essentially be able to cross-play with Xbox as well?

terrydavid86

• View Profile
Yeah they said it was coming after launch. Xbox+Windows+steam. You can Google it.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Yes, that's something that will eventually be possible. Not immediately, but definitely will happen.

terrydavid86

• View Profile
I hope this comes with the dlc. More players together easier  it is to get in a match

Argentil

• View Profile
How will this work with PS4, and Sony's policy against cross/platform? I'm interested in the answer here. They'll probably just split users on the fly, or just cut off us PS4 players. Hope you guys work it out soon, sounds like Xbox One/W10 is unplayable atm.

terrydavid86

• View Profile
Easy, steam players can connect to any game.

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Cross platform connectivity is an extremely beneficial feature that we value a lot. It allows for better matchmaking, predominantly on lower playercount hours and countries.

However, it is both a technical and bureaucratic challenge because platform holders are very protective of the features you can include in the game as well of the network technology to use. Some of these permissions are granted on a case by case basis and are still under discussion, so we can't realistically inform of when these features would be coming.

Cross-platform between Steam and PS4 is already working live, as well as cross-platform between Windows 10 and Xbox. We're working hard to include further cross-platform connectivity.

terrydavid86

• View Profile
Sad, it should be about the game not the platform. Imo

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Did windows store users can invite to team up with steam players ?
Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 12:50:54 AM
I'm glad to hear it's being actively pursued though. Being able to play with Steam players from my Xbox would be amazing as I feel like that is the larger player base on PC. Right now... it looks like the Xbox is the most active on the Antagonist front but that's probably just because Dagg is a beast lol.