Author Topic: Devs, speak to us!  (Read 4875 times)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Devs, speak to us!
on: December 06, 2017, 05:27:19 PM
There is too much silence from the developers. Weren't they going to make the game with us along side them? It's hard to tell because we don't see them in forums. The most recent ones have been in post related to bugs (which is good to see them in) and post praising and loving the game. that's not cool!

I understand that it must be very frustrating and simply hard for the developers to deal with gamers. Gamers can be crazy and hard to work with. Too many childish remarks and blatant disrespect. That's not something people should have to read or deal with when coming from adults, but I don't see that here in this forum. I see a lot more passionate players who are giving decent advice and suggestions almost always ending in a reminder that they love this game and want to see it improve.
Seeing almost nothing but criticism in the forum might not be the most motivating thing to read but we do it out of love and respect for what you have, and should be given the same amount of attention to the post giving simple praise for the game.

I ain't gonna lie, I don't know how the community manager's job work. I don't know if you're free to reply to any and all post at your leisure or if there someone that tells you what you can and not comment on. I guarantee she can't talk about micro transactions or the like, but what about discussions? Joining us about common topics and issues beyond "we're listening". How about the developers feedback, hm? tell us why things work the way the do or why the choices that where made made.

If that's too serious then gives small updates on development. A screen shot of what's to come, artwork hinting at future or past development. Make a joke; say something! Don't just leave us hanging.... by a thread. See what I did there   :D

A game like this should have way more interacts with both developer and gamers for both serious and fun topics. We should really communicate. thanks for reading!

ApolloHawke

• View Profile
Re: Devs, speak to us!
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:06:40 PM
Couldn't have said this better myself bro. I love this game to death man but somethings going to give sooner or later. Be it bad or good somethings going to happen. I just hope with my whole being that it's something good.

Nikrist666

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:17 PM
I agree. The biggest concern of the players now - 1. Online has been steadily decreasing, despite the release of the second company 2. Many fear that the game will be closed due to the many problems failing to produce all the planned campaign. The community of players is reduced because of these concerns, too, people do not see the point in investing time and especially money in the game, whose future is unclear. I think the developers time to engage in dialogue, and answer at least used to approximate the disturbing players questions. No matter how, on forums, in social networks, online conference. Of course, no one expects to hear the exact date and measures undertaken by the developers, but at least roughly determine the release time of new characters, new campaigns, possible directions of changes in the mechanics of the game. Even a small amount of information would be useful to the game in its current state. I hope the developers will hear us and will enter into a dialogue that is not confined to standard phrases about gathering information and what changes in the game is a long process. Thanks in advance))

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:48 PM
I have noticed this, hopefully they decide to interact with everyone more. if anything just casually.

Moragg

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:37 PM
Nice post gearedbeast,
hopefully this will not go unnoticed and from this point onward the DEVs are going take that advice into consideration.
I feel exactly the same, and while I appreciate the 'official' updates, I would like the DEVs to comment more on the many posts of this forum (if they're allowed to, of course).

I have had some enjoyable moments playing this game (and still have) and I hope it keeps living for a long time!

k9unit1987

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 04:18:36 AM
There is too much silence from the developers. Weren't they going to make the game with us along side them? It's hard to tell because we don't see them in forums. The most recent ones have been in post related to bugs (which is good to see them in) and post praising and loving the game. that's not cool!

I understand that it must be very frustrating and simply hard for the developers to deal with gamers. Gamers can be crazy and hard to work with. Too many childish remarks and blatant disrespect. That's not something people should have to read or deal with when coming from adults, but I don't see that here in this forum. I see a lot more passionate players who are giving decent advice and suggestions almost always ending in a reminder that they love this game and want to see it improve.
Seeing almost nothing but criticism in the forum might not be the most motivating thing to read but we do it out of love and respect for what you have, and should be given the same amount of attention to the post giving simple praise for the game.

I ain't gonna lie, I don't know how the community manager's job work. I don't know if you're free to reply to any and all post at your leisure or if there someone that tells you what you can and not comment on. I guarantee she can't talk about micro transactions or the like, but what about discussions? Joining us about common topics and issues beyond "we're listening". How about the developers feedback, hm? tell us why things work the way the do or why the choices that where made made.

If that's too serious then gives small updates on development. A screen shot of what's to come, artwork hinting at future or past development. Make a joke; say something! Don't just leave us hanging.... by a thread. See what I did there   :D

A game like this should have way more interacts with both developer and gamers for both serious and fun topics. We should really communicate. thanks for reading!

I have only been playing this game a couple days, and boy am I glad I saw this forum first. I have said it before on previous post. Stop putting money into these game. Maybe i'm an old school gamer but you don't pay for incomplete games its ridiculous. I have been on here five minutes and so far I learned:

You pay to much for shit and drop rates for weapons are shitty.

Sometime you have to admit you got burned and move on. Its a new age of gaming dev's like this get the money and move on. Its the EA way and everyone is learning it. To just sell out and flip off the gamers.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 04:50:27 AM

I have only been playing this game a couple days, and boy am I glad I saw this forum first. I have said it before on previous post. Stop putting money into these game. Maybe i'm an old school gamer but you don't pay for incomplete games its ridiculous. I have been on here five minutes and so far I learned:

You pay to much for shit and drop rates for weapons are shitty.

Sometime you have to admit you got burned and move on. Its a new age of gaming dev's like this get the money and move on. Its the EA way and everyone is learning it. To just sell out and flip off the gamers.
I haven't lost total faith in them yet (very very close though) but I have learned my lesson in paying for incomplete games.  I've already been burned before  (looking at you kickstarters) and if not for the potential that this game really has I be embarrassed for paying  $40 and quit.

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 05:14:46 PM
Make a joke; say something! Don't just leave us hanging.... by a thread. See what I did there   :D

- Do you know what a dingo says to another one?
- Yo, dude! A dingo who speaks!

Okay, okay, not a good joke but I tried! :)

There's a lot of great discussions in the forums that we usually don't take part in because we prefer to understand what the users think of a subject instead of giving our input and conditioning what should be thought about it. And that goes for the critics as well!

When we say we're listening we really mean it: we take your input, check the data we collect and try to figure out the best solution for the game. Some of the suggestions users propose make it into the game (pure or tweaked to fit in the game's spirit); some don't but instead make us reconsider what we could do to improve the game.

The bad part is that changes take time. A lot of time. We have to design a solution, implement it, test it, evaluate it and repeat if necessary. Some of the issues users talk about are deep in the core of the game. We're working on improving these as well as the smaller issues. Our goal is to make the game better, and you are helping us do it.

We also tried improving the way we communicate the reasoning behind some of the decisions we take by creating the Inside Raiders videos (last one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXJvnSNvfM).   We believe a video can be shared and digested more easily than a post in the forums.
It's true we don't discuss every single decision we take, and some of them can be controversial. We're trying our best to improve this as well but again, that also takes time.

Also, MSE_Karen is your and our ally here. She's a very helpful individual in the big team that helps making information flow both ways. You can't imagine how happy we are to have her aboard! Let's all work together with her on this subject.

Thank you for loving the game as much as we do.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 05:40:53 PM
Cheers, Meta! :)

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 05:52:43 PM
Make a joke; say something! Don't just leave us hanging.... by a thread. See what I did there   :D

- Do you know what a dingo says to another one?
- Yo, dude! A dingo who speaks!

Okay, okay, not a good joke but I tried! :)

There's a lot of great discussions in the forums that we usually don't take part in because we prefer to understand what the users think of a subject instead of giving our input and conditioning what should be thought about it. And that goes for the critics as well!

When we say we're listening we really mean it: we take your input, check the data we collect and try to figure out the best solution for the game. Some of the suggestions users propose make it into the game (pure or tweaked to fit in the game's spirit); some don't but instead make us reconsider what we could do to improve the game.

The bad part is that changes take time. A lot of time. We have to design a solution, implement it, test it, evaluate it and repeat if necessary. Some of the issues users talk about are deep in the core of the game. We're working on improving these as well as the smaller issues. Our goal is to make the game better, and you are helping us do it.

We also tried improving the way we communicate the reasoning behind some of the decisions we take by creating the Inside Raiders videos (last one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXJvnSNvfM).   We believe a video can be shared and digested more easily than a post in the forums.
It's true we don't discuss every single decision we take, and some of them can be controversial. We're trying our best to improve this as well but again, that also takes time.

Also, MSE_Karen is your and our ally here. She's a very helpful individual in the big team that helps making information flow both ways. You can't imagine how happy we are to have her aboard! Let's all work together with her on this subject.

Thank you for loving the game as much as we do.
This response will go along way for me. I wanted so much for someone in Mercurysteam to respond and I am very glad you did. I was on the brink on backing out on the game until recently I had an actual fun session and now team members are making post and comments. Faith is restored.
I'll be more patient but I look forward to more small, nothing major, updates. After all, proof is in the pudding.