Author Topic: Suggestion: Adding a 'Gallery' section in the game  (Read 3284 times)

Moragg

• View Profile
Suggestion: Adding a 'Gallery' section in the game
on: December 05, 2017, 06:51:03 AM
This game's art style and character design is really amazing and I believe it deserves to be showcased somewhere within the game.

This is why having a 'Gallery' section would be a nice extra feature to add if the time and resources permit it. It would be the perfect place to display hi-res models of NPCs (Protectors, our trusty pilot Cortez, etc.), enemies of the different factions, vehicles, bosses and so on (maybe even the Raiders comics??). The model viewer could be similar to the one currently being used in the Raiders menu.

As for how each character or model from the gallery would be unlocked, I would go with either clearing their respective missions or unlocking them with faction points (most enemies and characters come from one of the four factions after all, so it would be logical). An alternative unlock method could also be to hide special 'gallery tokens' in each level that would need to be found and destroyed by the raiders during the course of the mission.

Stranno

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Adding a 'Gallery' section in the game
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:56:50 PM
Yes, very nice feature to have! Also, with unlocked videos and concept art in it. For models you can go "kill x to unlock" route, for art - find easter egg in the level, using special abilities of characters for acces to inaccessible places, like shoot something with Harec stalk or use Alicia    
float after jump.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:26:54 PM
Hi Moragg, Stranno,

Thank you very much for your suggestions, those are really good ideas!

Moragg

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:51:31 PM
Thanks!
Hopefully this makes it into the game at some point ;)

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:01 PM
My fiancé would flip if this was implemented, one of her favorites parts about this game is the lore unlocks, that’s were most of her gold go’s. XD 

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:38:54 AM
My fiancé would flip if this was implemented, one of her favorites parts about this game is the lore unlocks, that’s were most of her gold go’s. XD

Mine is the same, except instead of playing the game herself she asks me to purchase them and read 'em aloud to her.   ;D

Mrs. Skull

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:23 AM
Yey! A galery would be awesome! I'd love to look closer to the Wardogs, but I'm busy shooting at them and trying not to get grabbed xD