Author Topic: Review so far (From a new player)  (Read 2503 times)

omeganx

• View Profile
Review so far (From a new player)
on: December 04, 2017, 07:30:19 AM
Hey everone/team,

I've been playing the game a bit despite all the negative things I've heard about the economy and matchmaking. I have to say this game feels unique and fun but the long waits are a drag but I think the fact the different campaigns are behind paywalls is very divisive of the game. For me I can only play one mission and even though I'm enjoying the gameplay there's no way for me to get invested in the game.

I suggest the game bites their tongue and provides about half of the content free. Because was it left for me but to grind the same mission over and over, rushing through the same cutscenes over and over just to 700(G) on average? (that's about 50 games with my current balance!) When a game is F2P, you need to have faith in the product that pple will enjoy the game, and PAY for the extra stuff.

I'm a skin whore on plenty of F2P games but in no way would I spend 60 bucks on one.
Make the mission progression based, and have the campaign be your extra money if you want.
Again I cannot stress, pple need to feel that they can play your game for hours on end while gaining things at a decent pace.Once they feel that the game has not been having it's hand out at every corner - then we will support it. This is coming from someone over 300 hours in warframe,  and spent over $200 in it(kinda sad actually). 
Please open the game up more, let pple enjoy the game, so that matchmaking can grow, then we start cooking with oil.

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Re: Review so far (From a new player)
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:21:26 AM
Welcome omeganx,

MercurySteam have stated that this was never meant to be a F2P, the idea is a chapter style game in which you pay for the campaigns that you want. I like this approach, and in theory can be great; but, I do agree that there is a problem of getting players to be invested in the game.

They add the “invitation system” which I have been using often, it lets you invite players that do not have the content and allows them to play with you, and at the end both of one get a 5000 Gold reward; also, you can spend Gold to temporally unlock missions for about three and a half hours. I think there is more that can be done with the “invitation system”, for example, having a sub-que in which you use an invitation and can let a player join you in match making that does not have the content.

To balance this out, the player that used the invitation would still get the 5000 Gold reward, but the player that did not have the content that joined the sub-que gets 1000-2000 Gold. I feel that this would help encourage newer player to invest in the campaigns, and reward current players for helping the newer players. Also, this could enhance the overall moral community and lower toxicity; and from long time with this game, there is very little toxicity in this community as it is.

Also, lowering the price of skins and characters to under 1250 Mercury Points, and the Max Gold for a character should be 120,000 Gold I think would be a good change as well. Since the economy change, I have not had much trouble grinding Gold; in fact, since “Wardogs Fury” came out I went from around 90,000 to now over 166,000 Gold. Using the new “invitation system” and bringing in players I meet in the “Eternal Soldier” campaign. This is why I think adding a Sub-que using the “invitation system” would be a great idea.

If your on Xbox/Windows omeganx, hit me up some time. My Gamertag is BloodNekoKiux.  ;)

omeganx

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:56:24 AM
Sure I'll give it a shot, I cant add your for some reason, if you have free time, you can add me at mrgameplayerx

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:04:21 PM
A Free Weekend on Steam is a Must. Free Weekend withe everything unlocked.