Author Topic: solo mode suggestion  (Read 8775 times)

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
solo mode suggestion
on: November 30, 2017, 08:43:28 AM
hi guys
maybe is just my problem region (italy) but i cant wait 45 min or more for play 1 game,can you please in future give the opportunity to grind points/gold/blueprint in solo mode/offline?
i know the fanbase is small in this game and maybe this feature kill the game but please i cant play or grind anything right now,thanks and please give me hope.
sorry for the english hope you guys understand. 

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: solo mode suggestion
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:01:41 AM
I think you are right on Boiler, and I dont think making the gold/exp available solo would hurt the game at all. Just like in games like Borderlands (A game that stylistically Raiders reminded me of.) its more fun to play with others so I believe most people would choose MP. The problem is that when Im having trouble matchmaking I cant accompolish anything in the game solo so im more likely to walk away from it.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 04:30:46 AM
Solo is pretty brutal past Normal difficulty. In fact, I have serious doubts about most people even beating the available missions on Normal much less the two harder difficulties. However, while the replay value (different characters or load outs) is there the motivation is not since you wont get any further rewards. To that end, perhaps they might add in Single Player specific challenges that are little mini-quests that result in some reward and really spice up the experience. Though to be frank, they just need to add more modes of play to the game and that would hopefully include some sort of Practice Mode where you can try out 'every' available character for free.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 03:15:09 PM
I managed to beat the prologue on Very Hard.
Rest of the missions on Hard.

To beat the missions on very hard you have to try several different characters until you find the right one for the job.

In the prologue for example, to beat it on very hard, you just use Konstantin, maybe later, Dr. Kuzmann.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 04:18:36 AM
They need to have a more robust solo and/or off line experience and rewards. Especially since the game punishes you with mandatory higher difficulty as your ELO gets higher. And it is punishing because you get no additional rewards for harder difficulty.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 11:47:51 AM
Hi Level9Drow,

Raiders of the Broken Planet is, at its core, a Co-op game, designed with that premise in mind. We decided to include a solo mode with users who would like to test new missions, characters and loads before committing to a multiplayer game and they would earn Gold by playing those solo missions, but the main Raiders of the Broken Planet focus has always been 4 vs 1 co-op play, and including a full progression system in solo mode would unbalance the main experience.

If you have any questions or need us to clarify any point, please let us know.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:48:27 AM by MSE_KarenHB »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:22:03 PM
Hi Level9Drow,

Raiders of the Broken Planet is, at its core, a Co-op game, designed with that premise in mind. We decided to include a solo mode with users who would like to test new missions, characters and loads before committing to a multiplayer game and they would earn Gold by playing those solo missions, but the main Raiders of the Broken Planet focus has always been 4 vs 1 co-op play, and including a full progression system in solo mode would unbalance the main experience.

Best,
What about just resources like money, character and faction points but with reduced values ? And the only way to get blueprints is through doing the missions online. Could that work ?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:58 AM
Hi Level9Drow,

Best,

Well ok, that sounds fair. but what about the ELO hell? I kind of sucks to be punished for playing longer. It's too hard as it is now, do you have plans to make it easier? If you throw games will your ELO go down and consequently the difficulty? And if not, why not? This is no fun at all.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 06:26:28 AM
I'm not even going to debate with you until you pick what ELO means from this list...
1. Electric Light Orchestra (acceptable)
2. Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth (say what?)
3. Extended Learning Opportunity (might make sense)
4. Enabling Learning Objective (...has potential)

Trying to figure out where and why you decided to pull out that acronym out of seemingly nowhere because it wasn't mentioned at all by anyone else and you make it sound like quite official. Also, I feel as if Google wanted me to tell you about Livin' Thing by ELO. You're welcome!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 07:32:02 AM
Nice sarcastic dismissal, as always. ELO has been confirmed by devs multiple times in discord, and it has been talked about here many times as well, you even participated in those threads.
It's also not an acronym.  >:(

Also why are you looking for a debate? It's obvious in-game and been talked about to death in any difficulty discussion, that the more you play and win, the harder the game gets, until it becomes hell or you lose a lot.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:34:49 AM by LordDraco3 »

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 09:29:38 PM
Though I wrapped it in humor I wasn't kidding, I have no clue what Drow was talking about when referring to ELO. The reason I brought up was because if I am confused and I do follow a lot of information flowing back and forth then likely other people are even more confused. Still, I posted my suggestion in this thread already and I see no reason going back to read it that I would change my mind now. More importantly, this thread like many others has been shifted into a new topic that has only the loosest of relations to the topic for this thread. As noted by the thread's subject, we were talking about Solo and now it has become about difficulty spikes and scaling.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 12:42:54 AM
Though I wrapped it in humor I wasn't kidding, I have no clue what Drow was talking about when referring to ELO. The reason I brought up was because if I am confused and I do follow a lot of information flowing back and forth then likely other people are even more confused. Still, I posted my suggestion in this thread already and I see no reason going back to read it that I would change my mind now. More importantly, this thread like many others has been shifted into a new topic that has only the loosest of relations to the topic for this thread. As noted by the thread's subject, we were talking about Solo and now it has become about difficulty spikes and scaling.

It's a "skill rating" for a player in a game (general sense): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Many games adjust for your ELO or match you up with other players of similar ELO. :)

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 08:35:26 PM
Wow, weird that google did not bring that up when I searched it. Seems to me the only way to avoid this ELO Hell as it was put is to simply play with different people of different skill levels. For instance, always playing with very good players will mean you also need to be very good but not so much when you play with average players such as myself. Therefore, the only logical answer is to play more games with me instead of a better player! Though, getting back on track... modes modes modes modes modes modes... modes.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 10:26:58 PM
Wow, weird that google did not bring that up when I searched it. Seems to me the only way to avoid this ELO Hell as it was put is to simply play with different people of different skill levels. For instance, always playing with very good players will mean you also need to be very good but not so much when you play with average players such as myself. Therefore, the only logical answer is to play more games with me instead of a better player! Though, getting back on track... modes modes modes modes modes modes... modes.

No, I'm fine now. As soon as I discovered that when you lose the difficulty goes down, I was fine. A little annoyed but there was a solution, just wait and pay your dues to AI one shotting you and zerging you and your team for a few matches and you will be back to having fun again.

At the time I posted originally I was under the impression that A) the diffficulty was based on your level, so I was afraid to get more items in the game because then it would perminetnly become less fun.

and B) That the difficulty was permanent and ONLY gor harder, never went back down. So you could imagine my distress. And you have to understand, the grunt AI at 55%-61% are one shoting you and rapid melee you.

But everything is fine now. Difficulty raising is just a necessary evil I have to put up with. It makes me actually have a silver lining when you lose a game because you know the system will read that as, "oops, this was too hard for him, next game will be slightly less hard." so I'm not upset anymore.

I love this game though, this is why I am so active here and voice my concerns. Don't misconstrued any of what I say as negative. This is one of my favorite games in the last 10 years or more. We tend to be critical of things we love. :)

I also don't want to feel like we went off topic. Not that it was your fault at all. But I think even with a self adjusting ELO system as solo mode that rewarded would stil be awesome. I often play solo to relax, but feel like I'm wasting time because I am getting no rewards. A small amount of faction or character would even be good.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:34:51 PM by Level9Drow »