Author Topic: Wait til the full game is released  (Read 6260 times)

GoldenGoji

• View Profile
Wait til the full game is released
on: December 14, 2017, 11:27:34 PM
matchmaking is dead, devs make skins and characters they expect people to pay $60, theyre constanty screwing over Founder Pack owners and half the time I'm not even sure if I'll have access to the content I've purchased.

The game is fun but the development and business model behind it has crippled it's potential. Wait a year for the full campaign to be released as a bundle, you'll probably be able to buy all campaigns and characters in a "Definitive" edition for $30. Find a few friends to play with and you won't regret it. As of now, I've waited hours to find matches and weeks to play content I've purchases. It's a headache trying to play ATM so if you're interested in the game, play the prologue and wait til the devs get their act together.

Side note for RotBP fans and devs: Publicity wouldn't hurt. One of the painful truths of the game is not many people have bought campaigns, and because of that Campaign owners have a harder time finding matches. Although a new update aimed to fix that, they still expect people to grind hours just to play the levels and people just wont stick around playing the prologue. What would help is getting some publicity, this is a beautiful game and if IGN or Game Informer got their hands on this and saw past all the paywalls and matchmaking restrictions, more people might be aware of the game. I hate to say it but it might already be too late, even with the F2P'esque update, so yeah. To save face they'll probably release a cheap bundle when all the campaigns are released so pick it up then. It's not worth the headache right now

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Re: Wait til the full game is released
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:32:46 AM
I just wonder how are you actually matchmaking if it "takes hours" to join a game. I always queue for at least 5-6 missions and the longest wait I've ever had was 15 min.
Even when I hadn't bought the campaigns and could queue only for the 1 free mission the waiting times were fast.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:23:13 PM
500 players online on steam....

http://steamcharts.com/app/436180#48h

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 07:24:47 PM
I never wait hours I always go to my recent players list and invite them to play

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 09:17:02 AM
It's not as if there aren't good points made but this game wont lose its 'cult' status easily and honestly 'that' is what is keeping it alive. There are some definite diehards playing that wont stop sinking their teeth into it. I would absolutely love to see them expand on this universe because it's just so damn kewl. My advice for players is a bit different... I suggest trying to see if you can find a core group to play with and then you don't even have to matchmake and you'll stand a much better chance against an Antagonist.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 03:21:42 PM
My advice for players is a bit different... I suggest trying to see if you can find a core group to play with and then you don't even have to matchmake and you'll stand a much better chance against an Antagonist.
Agreed!