Author Topic: MSE, just what are you planning to give with Status?  (Read 8555 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
So, I've acquired over 6k in status (purple currency). At the moment all you can buy, with it, are utterly useless jukeboxes. About as useful as tits on a bull. Are you going to be giving more 'useful' goods for us to purchase in the near future?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:35:27 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: MSE Just what are you planning to give with STATUS?
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:57 AM
So, I've acquired over 6k in status (purple currency). At the moment all you can buy, with it, are utterly useless jukeboxes. About as useful as tits on a bull. Are you going to be giving more 'useful' goods for us to purchase in the near future?

The Status currency is not meant to be spent on "useful goods", since it has a more festive-like philosphy.
For the moment we'll be using it just for disco balls, so no need to save it for later, just let loose and start dancing. :)

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:17:07 PM

The Status currency is not meant to be spent on "useful goods", since it has a more festive-like philosphy.
For the moment we'll be using it just for disco balls, so no need to save it for later, just let loose and start dancing. :)

This is a terrible decision, nobody is going to spend all their status coins on some disco balls. If they can't think of anything better just let us buy loadouts and temporary cosmetics. Like maybe we could buy a melee weapon for 3 days of use for 1k status, but if we wanted it permanently we would still need to buy it with mercury points. You can do the same with skins, this might even encourage more players to purchase the skin permanently if they really like it. I would prefer something more unique but it seems like that isn't happening.

These status coins feel like a slap in the face right now.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 01:26:02 PM

Laughably, the highest score payout of 350 happens to be something like 1200 status points. Who, in their right mind is going to chase an impossible mission score of 34 perfect 10's with a couple of 10+'s in order to win an utterly useless status award that buys you diddly squat?

Seriously, it's just decisions like this that show how completely and utter out of touch, not just with the gaming community, with reality the MSE developers are. I will never, ever, ever in a million years purchase a stupid, pointless, jukebox.

Geez.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:30:59 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 01:34:56 PM

Laughably, the highest score payout of 350 happens to be something like 1200 status points. Who, in their right mind is going to chase an impossible mission score of 34 perfect 10's with a couple of 10+'s in order to win an utterly useless status award that buys you diddly squat?

Seriously, it's just decisions like this that show how completely and utter out of touch, not just with the gaming community, with reality the MSE developers are. I will never, ever, ever in a million years purchase a stupid, pointless, jukebox.

Geez.....

Please, let's try to relax and keep a respectful conversation. :)
Yeah, when it comes to the monthly rewards, we're working on adding more variety to them, but I'm afraid we're not ready to go into detail just yet.

I'll update this post whenever we have it ready. :)

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 01:38:39 PM

This is a terrible decision, nobody is going to spend all their status coins on some disco balls. If they can't think of anything better just let us buy loadouts and temporary cosmetics. Like maybe we could buy a melee weapon for 3 days of use for 1k status, but if we wanted it permanently we would still need to buy it with mercury points. You can do the same with skins, this might even encourage more players to purchase the skin permanently if they really like it. I would prefer something more unique but it seems like that isn't happening.

Back in the day, one would just keep leveling up to 999lv without any new sort of rewards involved. The Status currency works as a substitute of sorts to the level thing, it's just meant be a funny, non-gameplay-related way to show your status to the other players (hence its name).

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 01:43:25 PM

Geez.....

Yeah, when it comes to the monthly rewards, we're working on adding more variety to them, but I'm afraid we're not ready to go into detail just yet.

Disrespectful?
Where?
It's high time your company started accepting responsibility for decisions they make regarding the game.
Ojuel, the jukeboxes are a complete and utter waste of time. I probably encounter one player, playing one in every 30 or so matches, if that. That means, on average, 119 people aren't interested!

As Tekato stated (and I also) giving us costumes, gear etc is far more beneficial.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 01:53:23 PM

Geez.....

Disrespectful?
Where?
It's high time your company started accepting responsibility for decisions they make regarding the game.
Ojuel, the jukeboxes are a complete and utter waste of time. I probably encounter one player, playing one in every 30 or so matches, if that. That means, on average, 119 people aren't interested!

As Tekato stated (and I also) giving us costumes, gear etc is far more beneficial.

(I edited your original post, so let's just forget about it and keep our focus in the subject)

Of course I read Tekato's idea and I'll keep reading everyones's ideas on the Status currency, feedback is always useful! :)

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:54:47 PM

Back in the day, one would just keep leveling up to 999lv without any new sort of rewards involved. The Status currency works as a substitute of sorts to the level thing, it's just meant be a funny, non-gameplay-related way to show your status to the other players (hence its name).
We could show our "STATUS" better with unique skins or cosmetics we could only purchase with these coins but ok. It's mse's decision and I can't change it. Tbh I'd rather have my levels show again so players can actually see my "status", instead of disco balls. That's just my opinion but you guys keep doing what you're doing I'm sure it's working out well.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 02:01:17 PM
Tbh I'd rather have my levels show again so players can actually see my "status", instead of disco balls.
;D ;D ;D