Author Topic: Bad ping CQC priority & Antagonists  (Read 4281 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Bad ping CQC priority & Antagonists
on: February 25, 2018, 09:11:51 PM
Video example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RxCu7sD1kQ

I've seen it mentioned many times before, but just dealt with it myself, and lost stigmas thanks to it. When ping is high, CQC for antagonists becomes completely impossible. Here I am using Roll>Strike which SHOULD take priority over someone just mashing strike>strike>strike>strike, but I wind up getting hit every time, and can't even run away. CQC is vital in pvp play and even moreso for certain characters.
There definitely needs to be a solution to this since I've seen several posts and comments that some people simply cannot play antagonist AT ALL due to ping issues.

And side note: Why does the Antagonist results screen need to take 1 whole minute? I get why the Raiders screen takes time, since we need to select rewards, but I'm not seeing why we need to waste so much time and have so many long pauses in the Uras screens. I've seen others talk about this as well, hope there is consideration to allow us to press a button to skip to the next results screen (press X to see how we did, press X to see how many stigmas we gain/lose, press X to finish, etc.)

EDIT: And again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5sq0HqeOOk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:50:12 PM by LordDraco3 »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Bad ping CQC priority & Antagonists
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:34:24 AM
....and I just had a host migration in a party and never reconnected. On No reservations, right at the end. Every single other player reconnected, including antagonist and the person that was previously hosting, but I never did. My party was in chat saying they won, but I got no rewards after finally reconnecting :\

And rewards were nice since there was antag+weapon drop.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:37:08 AM by LordDraco3 »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 03:06:35 PM
I have tried pointing out certain things unbalanced about CQC such as host's seeming to have unbelievable priority in CQC. They literally get extra time to react because you get slowed down for them. Though, this often just looks like you're complaining and just aren't good enough to time it properly. In reality, it has nothing to do with your timing as much as it does with the timing in the game itself when lag affects it. This can throw you off by as much as 2 to 3 seconds! Sounds unbelievable but I doubt everyone hasn't encountered the unbelievably talented host complex due to them controlling time itself...

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 05:28:16 PM
Yeah. I've noticed this hard. It also messes up some stagger uses consistently starting at around 210.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 06:15:44 PM
Well, the game needs to be server based, not client based, that goes without say. The game "For Honor" suffered from this EXACT same thing because they were client based. Until they became server based, this issue never went away.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 01:45:31 AM
The game uses the peer-to-peer system, be it you do not need to stay close to the server to have a good ping, but this only works only if you have a large gaming community (like warframe).

Unfortunately for a game that has PVP the peer to peer system is very bad because of the advantage to the host (just like For Honor was). The ideal would be to stop forcing players to play PvP (I'm sure most of them play because they are obliged) and try to increase the number of players, starting with the rewards system which is one of the worst problems and that made a lot of players give up the game .

With increased players I am sure that the pinging problems may be resolved over time but for this the antagonist system has to be changed and puts it as optional to at least lessen the frustration of playing in a match for 30 minutes and not receiving anything.

Surely much said that the best choice would be the client server system just as it happened with "For Honor", but unfortunately the cost to maintain is very high and laborious too, so for mercury steam this would be very bad, person is not close to the server will be impaired.

So I think it would be better to stay focused on Coop and leave PvP aside, even if the focus of the game is both modes, we can futurally think of how to improve PvP, but I believe that the current mode that players are interested in is the Coop (remembering that this is my current opinion on the game)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
Hi guys,

We always try to improve the matchmaking system in order to balance the host system, but sometimes it's hard to control it and it results on a high ping.

We apologize for the inconveniences, we'll continue improving the PVP system, and thank you, as usual, for your feedback.