Author Topic: Reward system  (Read 2344 times)

Vladpw123

• View Profile
Reward system
on: October 10, 2017, 07:10:30 PM
This is copy of my post from steam Discussions.

Ok game at least for me have only 1 negative aspect. BUT IT IS HUGE.
Reward system is bad, for Raiders and Antogonis.
1st you can just dont get a reward for mission if you try to pick a weapon bluprint. Even if you were best one and basicaly solo mision.
2nd Why raiders still get reward even if they lose but antogonist dont get anything if he lose. Btw antogonist mode is harder thatn raider mode.
3rd Why the hell we must play antogonist mode to be able to buy new stuff for raiders. Hell why even we could lose our rank. Hell i lose my rank today and now i cant buy anything, and even if i get stigmas again i still need to wait for 6 days.

SO how i think reward system shoud work
1st after a mission you always get some gold Char and faction points, We ceep old system of reward for bonus loot so you can chose to get bonus gold char or faction bonus or get a bluprint but dont recive bonus lot. But no rulette for who will get a bluprint.
2nd Antogonist recive stigmas even if he lose(also some gold and char/faction points), but this rule only work untill player earn 20 stigams after that point it is just like before and antogonist start to lose stigmas for losing(but he still cant drop below 20 stigma).
so even if player bad at pvp(like me) he stil could earn a gun that he want but slowly.
Also now players who bad at pvp will not be scared to try.

Ok i said it before and i will say it again. Mercurysteam is a great devs Lords of shadow series is one of my favorite game of all time. And this game is great, and in your powers to make it almost perfect, please listen to your playerbase. I didnt spent much time in this forum but from i saw in steam Discussions THIS is one of the gretest problem of this game.
sry for bad eng

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Reward system
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:58:32 PM
Thanks for your input, Vladpw123. That's certainly one of the most recurrent topics we are being reported, and we are definitely looking into it. As we always say, introducing changes in a videogame, being changes in the reward system, a rebalancing of characters, or any other aspect of the game you are suggesting us to look into (please, keep doing so!), it all needs to be assessed, put in the Production pipeline, requires additional code and/or art, testing, debugging, and Certification from First Parties. Long story short: it takes time, but we are on it even though you won't immediately see the changes.

Vladpw123

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:40:18 PM
Thanks for your input, Vladpw123. That's certainly one of the most recurrent topics we are being reported, and we are definitely looking into it. As we always say, introducing changes in a videogame, being changes in the reward system, a rebalancing of characters, or any other aspect of the game you are suggesting us to look into (please, keep doing so!), it all needs to be assessed, put in the Production pipeline, requires additional code and/or art, testing, debugging, and Certification from First Parties. Long story short: it takes time, but we are on it even though you won't immediately see the changes.

Well it is only thing that i wanted to hear. I know how hard it is, and as i said game is still great.
This is good when devs listen to their audience, i see that you game have a bright future.

Cobra_Laser_Face

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 01:50:56 AM
...it all needs to be assessed, put in the Production pipeline, requires additional code and/or art, testing, debugging, and Certification from First Parties. Long story short: it takes time, but we are on it even though you won't immediately see the changes.

Thank you for listening to us. And this is a good thing. We know that changes take time, and we are happy to wait patiently for such changes, as this has the potential to be a truly Spectacular game. I bought a Founder's Pack, and a few Skins, namely because I truly believe in what the team at MercurySteam is doing. I love the style and gameplay, save for some things regarding the Antagonist system and Rewards.  Besides those two things? I am eagerly looking forward to the next four chapters, and many more after that!