Author Topic: Don't know how much more of the combat i can take.  (Read 2081 times)

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Don't know how much more of the combat i can take.
on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:40 AM
the ping+ horrible queue for countering + punching always being the best answer is just dooming
and why should the grab be 1 hit but not the punch?
also why can't the roll work as a counter so if you EVADE the STRIKE you can a 1HIT COUNTER

now that would be a functioning  rock paper scissor 1 hit working system.

I can't endure this anymore.
gonna take a looooooooong break
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:25:39 AM by alef321 »

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know how much more of the combat i can take.
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:20:51 AM
>Do the grab preemptively expecting enemy to come trou the corner
>He does his way after me
>Get grabbed and die in 1 hit
>Lost antagonist points

ButterPoached

• View Profile
Re: Don't know how much more of the combat i can take.
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 02:46:05 AM
Unfortunately, if you don't like the brawling combat, I don't think that this game is for you. I really doubt that they are going to overhaul something that is so integral to the design.

I know that getting killed by latency is harsh, but it has been that way in every FPS ever. It just feels worse when they show you the pre-animated cutscene of you getting curb stomped.

I keep hearing people describe the combat described as rock-paper-scissors, but after putting some time into the game, it doesn't really feel that way. I mean, when you are approaching a fight (from the front), grapple is too slow to be an option. Once you are stuck in a strike combo, your only option is to dodge out of it. In every situation, there's only two viable options.