Author Topic: Antagonist isnt that bad  (Read 7180 times)

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist isnt that bad
Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 12:30:56 AM
I missed a rolling elite just now on hanging thread.
this idea of being original will be their doom.
if this was just a copy of uncharted's combat (single player) it would be easily a 8.5/10

Copperbadge

• I'm here for the co-op. (Avatar ©2017 Mafer)
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 01:55:24 AM
I missed a rolling elite just now on hanging thread.
this idea of being original will be their doom.
if this was just a copy of uncharted's combat (single player) it would be easily a 8.5/10

...it would be horrible (if we're talking about 1-3) and only enjoyable with the heavy auto-aim in 4 imho.

Yes, the game is not everyone's cup of tea in a time when more tactical combat is rare. Many games with such systems have flaws and their very own bugs (looking at you, Dark Souls) but it just hits a game hard when people ragequit after having played something they're not used to being challenged to adapt.
...and then...they're giving a bad review. ...and the steam system pretty much states "would recommend / wouldn't recommend" without giving any respect to the reasons for this decision.
There is text in the reviews, but most of them are written like YouTube comments. :/

Yes, the melee aspect of the combat system isn't perfect but seeing the "idea of being original" as "their doom" will only lead to more Assassin's Copy&Paste, Call Of PewDiePie and Whatnots that really bore the hell out of many people out there who are -not- the loudly complaining minority but the entertained, enjoying majority of the "gaming community" (I hate that term, geesh).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:57:31 AM by Copperbadge »

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 02:01:38 AM
well, I'll check the story because I love the world ...  in Solo mode. And then stay far away (similar to what I'm doing with OW) until I see changes.