Author Topic: Feedback from a random player  (Read 1305 times)

feed

• View Profile
Feedback from a random player
on: October 18, 2018, 04:08:00 PM
Hi. Here is my feedback from 2 months of playing this game.
So, let's start with the positive. Art style and overall atmosphere is amazing. Characters are really well done and unique. Missions have different goals and look different. Bosses aren't just copy-pasta with a different model. Weapons bring more customization to your characters.

There are are however some things i hope would be changed.

1. Cards.
No one likes rng and and grinding 100k faction points and not getting the card you want is the worst feeling ever. I know there are a lot of great suggestions about this like buying the card you want or psuedo rng and i hope something will be changed about this. Also, why even have 4 different faction points, why gate people from playing the character they want just to get a card for other characters?

2. Antagonist system.
Personally i have no problem with antagonist system except when they are in mentor matches. I'm probably beating a dead horse here but mentor matches should not have antagonists. I feel like antagonist system is the endgame content when people who have decks and weapons they want go against antagonist not when they just starting the game or playing for BP's.

3. Grind.
Both gold and faction points rewards need some love. 90k for a weapon is a lot and there is no way for people to know if they will enjoy that weapon. Make some kind of "Shooting range" where people can test they guns before crafting them.Either lower the amount of grind needed or make grinding more interesting like Weekly/Monthly missions, community goals, random unique enemies or some kind of events.

4. Mentor matches.
I understand that new players are potential customers. I understand that they need to start somewhere. But i should not be forced into mentor matches. Make mentor matches optional with better rewards for people who want to mentor. I'll be honest here, i don't accept mentor matches and i have to decline 10 games in a row till i find a game. That's just wrong. Why even have MMR system where 50+ mmr players are playing with people who just started the game and don't know what to do.

5. Balance.
I know balance is hard and takes time. But some characters are just bad in pve or outclassed by others. Some cards/guns are just not viable and feel more like a filler cards/weapons.  I won't even go to PVP balance since there are a lot of threads about it.

6. Some random stuff.
Remove the double reward window. Remove cutscenes for players who want to skip them (just replace them with a loading bar). Show payers their stats at the end of a mission like kills/deaths/dmg/headshots/accuracy/takedowns etc. Make them want to improve(again, in the same window as rewards).

I really enjoy the game and hope it keeps improving.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Re: Feedback from a random player
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 06:17:59 PM
Topic 1: i dont think there is any problems with the card system. Have you played as an Antag to the point where your emblem changed to an A instead of an R and back again? Because thats how you pull specific cards. Some cards are marked with an A or an R you need to bounce back and  forth between being an Antag and Raider. It all has to do with the Aquelibrium wars. And the 4 factions are more like classes . I dont feel any one is barred, its supposed to incentivize you to play with different characters.

Topic 2: Antags on mentor matches sucks i know maybe they will find a middle ground but barring Antags from matches with blueprints is ridiculous. Just because you dont want to lose isnt a valid reason to change the system.

Topic 3: seriously they gotta do something about that gold.

Topic 4: MS is sticking to their guns on this one and i believe making it optional would be the same as getting rid of it.  It needs to be balanced to the rookie players MMR not the vets.

Topic 5: nothing need to be said

Topic 6: I dont think they should add any of the things you said. I believe it would distract from the mission.  A lot of people then will focus on killing enemies and not the missions. Kill count isnt what is important in this game, its the objective.  If you killed 10 enemies the whole match and were dropping aleph and moving the mission along i wouldnt care. But if you killed a 100 enemies and didnt drop any aleph and was holding onto it, i would a have a problem. And this is a problem that i have come across many times.