Author Topic: Overall Feedback from a Returning Beta Player  (Read 4094 times)

VengefulCheezit

• View Profile
Overall Feedback from a Returning Beta Player
on: November 11, 2017, 09:17:44 AM
I gave this game a shot during the Beta and I left with high hopes for this very unique game.  I still have those high hopes and would love to give some feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricing Model:
Something needs to change here.  You could make the entire campaign free and then charge for skins, cosmetics, and characters.   This would allow all players to find matches for all maps.  Right now with the paid content being the first campaign, finding games is difficult.  You could make it a proper F2P game with cosmetics and Raiders.  I think this whole thing is what is pushing away potential players.  Characters cost WAY too many credits to obtain for a game where you pay for the campaigns.

Advertising:
Is there any?  I just feel like I would not have known about this game unless I came across it on Twitter.

Reward System:
Why do you have to roll for a weapon blueprint against your teammates?  That seems really counter intuitive and really frustrating to the player.

Antagonist:
  • Make it apparent that the Antagonist does not have to win to get rewards.  Antagonist seems frustrating because it seems like he has to win.  I feel like if the Antagonist is making the game harder, then he is doing his job.
  • Would AI Antagonists be possible?  Could help scale to the difficulty of the party.
  • If an Antagonist is not available, maybe spawn more varied enemies?  Add variants of existent ones?

Matchmaking:
Make it possible to queue up for ALL missions in the game or ALL missions in a story set. Would allow for much faster matchmaking and would help to find others in other missions.  Could also allow multi-mission queuing, where you pick specific missions that you would like to do.

Matchmaking Lobbies:
Make it where you stay with a lobby you found unless you want to quit.  You could then make the lobby switch who is the Antagonist.  Could help to just keep playing.  Also add a consecutive match bonus for something like that to keep people together.

Private Matches:
Please allow for 5 people to make a lobby.  It would be so fun to have 5 friends fight it out against each other, having different people take over the role of Antagonist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys made a wonderfully unique game here.  Please don't let it slip away due to poor matchmaking/lack of advertising/poor business models.  I have seen this all to many times.  I wish you all the best of luck, and have faith for the future of this game.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:21:27 AM by VengefulCheezit »

SygBoss

• View Profile
Re: Overall Feedback from a Returning Beta Player
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Matchmaking:
Make it possible to queue up for ALL missions in the game or ALL missions in a story set. Would allow for much faster matchmaking and would help to find others in other missions.  Could also allow multi-mission queuing, where you pick specific missions that you would like to do.

You can already do this.

Private Matches:
Please allow for 5 people to make a lobby.  It would be so fun to have 5 friends fight it out against each other, having different people take over the role of Antagonist.

This is a fun idea. But you would have to remove rewards from this mode or people could easily farm stigmas by getting their friends to lose. As a purely for fun mode though I like it.

Aside from those 2 points I agree with everything you said, especially on the reward system.

VengefulCheezit

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:05:19 PM
You can already multi-queue?  Maybe I keep missing the button then.  I'll look again for it, my apologies!  And yeah, removing rewards for the private games would be fine.  Just think it would be a fun idea.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 07:09:42 PM
I dont like the Idea behind private matches and i can say why:

This Game has a very small Community. It will be much harder to find Matches as a random single player. The waiting times are currently 10 Minutes and late at Night 15-20 Minutes.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 10:03:19 PM
The queue times do vary a lot, and I see a lot of familiar names frequently. Most of the time the queues are under 2 minutes. It really must depend on your region and play hours. Perhaps we should put together some communities/squads that play around the same hours using the community section of the forum. If the mods could arrange a proper community subsection for this kind of activity, that might help.

I find the PS4/Steam servers are quite lively between 18:00-23:00 GMT +2 (I go to bed around that time) on the EU client. That said, I don't find unacceptably long queues unless it's around or before noon on weekdays.

The US version of the game doesn't allow you to party with people using the EU client - which is another factor reducing the player pool. This is most likely a latency consideration though.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 10:08:42 PM
I agree but as a worker in a late shift ive got problems to find a match. Sometimes im lucky to meet the same players or i have to wait a loooong time. ~10 Minutes is for me the normal time in a queue. I log mostly Alien Myth Missions in... i cant see the free mission, simply too much played ;)

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:45:28 PM
yesterday evening i found in 1 hour two matches. As an Antagonist i waited over 40 Minutes without beeing matched. I was aborting the matchmaking and watched a movie instead. The Matchmaking still takes a very long time, specially as Antagonist !

Captain3beers

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:11 AM
I’ve noticed more matches with windows/PC players on XB1 lately. I wish we could play US/EU servers by choice. (Hint Hint, Devs)

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 11:16:33 AM
I wish we could play US/EU servers by choice. (Hint Hint, Devs)

You probably could on Xbox One. There's a US and EU version of the client on PS4 depending on the region of your store when you download the game, and because the app is free and shared across accounts, you can switch freely. It even saves some of your progress across versions like currencies.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 08:04:04 PM
Hi VengefulCheezit,

We really appreciate your suggestions, but you have to understand we are an independent studio and, even having a budget, the options in advertising are limited without a publisher.

The most immediate changes we are making are related to the reward system and they are based on your feedback and the most adressed issues. You can read it here: http://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/news/reward-system-hot-fix-update