Author Topic: AI lvl balancing for Antagonist.  (Read 2259 times)

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
AI lvl balancing for Antagonist.
on: October 11, 2018, 10:05:45 PM
There is a serious balancing issue for Antogonist players when it comes to npc AI. I play as an antagonist and I get no significant help From npc allies on my side. Not only that but Raiders are metling bosses. But when I play as a raider I plugging clip after clip after clip.

Then there are times where an Antagonist is on my board and the AI is level is a fucking 10/10. And tearing into us and the Antagonist doesn't need to do anything. Except reap the rewards

Please address the AI balance.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: AI lvl balancing for Antagonist.
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
It has less to do with the Raider and Antagonists levels and more to do with the MMR difference between the two. The game will give advantages to the side with the lower MMR and these advantages get larger the bigger the disparity is.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:57:54 PM
It has less to do with the Raider and Antagonists levels and more to do with the MMR difference between the two. The game will give advantages to the side with the lower MMR and these advantages get larger the bigger the disparity is.

Which would be fine if you couldn't purposely tank your MMR. Basically it allows griefers to not only misrepresent their skill level and experience, but to also manipulate the AI to do most of the work for them. I have witnessed plenty of antags that know exactly what they are doing, have top tier weapons, and an MMR in the lower 30s. Normally I'd be all for this if I could bring my best characters, but when I need to farm for blueprints I am often using a mostly stock character. I hope my teammates can carry me while I am stuck striking and grappling everything.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 11:01:52 PM
Agreed.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 11:30:05 PM
That's what I'm noticing. They really need to fix that. It's absurd.  I hope they can find a better way to make it fair.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 12:38:36 AM
So quick update on this.
Just finished Enemy within mission as an antagonist.

For more than half the boss battle not one of Uras minions was on the map. The raiders had nothing to fight but me.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 12:48:00 AM
What was the difficulty of the games?