Author Topic: Age of Antags  (Read 3143 times)

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Age of Antags
on: October 11, 2018, 04:03:46 PM
Has anyone else noticed the Antags are having a field day since the 11.0 update?? They barely have to even try anymore. The "dumber" (yet far more plentiful than before) NPC's are crushing everything while the Antags tapdance around getting win after win. I'm lvl 273 and getting stomped so easily in an Antag match has never been like it is now. You used to have to be good and strategic while Antagging but not the case anymore.  My group lists are always leaning more to the Antag side now as almost all the Vets are constantly Antagging. I say to this, WTF?! 

Even some of the maps without Antags are ridiculous now. Enemy Within for example.  The green meanies are far too plentiful with or without Antag. This is with MMR in the 40's and I always have at least one friend with me who's almost lvl 200.

Most people on here hate the Antag feature and I used to defend it even though I haven't Antagged since the Spacelords change. More NPC's that are supposedly dumbed down doesn't make a difference when there is more of them and they have shotguns that pinball you all over the maps. If it's going to continue like this then I'm leaning towards the Antag as an optional fight idea. It used to be one loss in 5-8 matches now it's more 2 wins in 5-8. Insanity!

New players won't stick around for long if this keeps up. I haven't had a lvl one finish a match since 11.0. And Vets who don't always want an Antag are starting to play other games. Like Forza Horizon 4:)  that's what I've been doing.

Can't spend money on your game if I'm not playing it MS!! Please balance this crazy bs out. Please, and thank you.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Antags
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:47:06 PM
And they implemented a problem where there was none: in Shock, with the new lever mechanism, where you have just 30 seconds left on the second timer. Last time I was Mikah with the Barrier (Teamlevel was around 165-450) it was impossible to win this mission.

… We felt the old "insta-use" levers incentivated doing suicidal maneuvers a bit too much. With this new changes introduced in the game, we tried to incentivate a safer & slower approach in order to solve the situation. …

Safe and slow with just 30 seconds on the timer, ha, ha, that's a good one. It's now more suicidal than ever! This needs some changes please.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
They also punish you for making squads. I can't speak for lower level players, but for people above 100 if you make a squad there is now a hidden difficulty. so a game at 40% difficulty in solo queue will have enemies who are moderate in damage and health. But you make a squad, especially a 4 man, the new 40% difficulty will have enemies with 400 or more health and one shot you for 140+ damage, i know, it shows you the damage they do.

i'm not sure what they're doing? If it's intentional. If they're trying to make the missions less pleasant to force people to antag more. if they are on the darksouls bullshit bandwagon in thinking inflicting pain to ones self is somehow admirable and players should be beaten up instead of having fun and feeling empowered. But whatever it is it sucks.

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:39:03 PM
Agreed Drow!! It definitely sucks. I love me a challenge but clearly all these former Raiders turned Antag do not. And that secret squad difficulty thing sounds like a real dick move on MS's part. I miss the pre Spacelord days already lol

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 12:48:19 AM
Dude I just had the complete opposite experience on "Enemy within"

I was an Antag and dude the Raiders had nothing to fight. A green meanie didn't show up until  3/4 into the boss battle. But when I'm on there they show up first round.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 04:39:40 AM
I may not have antagged since 11.0, but Enemy Within has ALWAYS been a terrible map to antag on, because the beasts are hardly even a threat to any team that knows what they are doing. It's basically 4v1 all the time.

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 05:31:43 AM
This isn't exactly about Enemy Within. Just using that as an example because the last few times I've played it with or without Antag it's been over the top. I usually try to pick someone who can easily dispatch the greenies but no matter how many I crush they just keep coming and eating all my team until its just me and a sea of green and eventually my boat of bad ass capsizes. This is about how good the Antags have it now. I'm not saying they can't be beat but they get an awful lot of help now. Way more than ever before.

Side note: low levels need to stop trying to punch Kuzmann on In Shock boss battle. It's funny to watch but ultimately ruins everything.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 07:17:59 AM
Side note: low levels need to stop trying to punch Kuzmann on In Shock boss battle. It's funny to watch but ultimately ruins everything.

It's like moths to a flame. And the best part is that after they die the first time they usually run right back in to try again. Some players even try a third or fourth time because obviously you are supposed to punch everything. The only thing worse is a shocked Alicia jumping around the middle nonstop.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 05:23:21 PM

It's like moths to a flame. And the best part is that after they die the first time they usually run right back in to try again. Some players even try a third or fourth time because obviously you are supposed to punch everything. The only thing worse is a shocked Alicia jumping around the middle nonstop.

But you get 20% XP bonus to accompany your losing rewards of 150 gold and 80 faction. Because XP is more important than gold and faction, especially after level 150.
/s

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:19 PM
I played 3 antag games last night. Lost 2 (Low Blow with a 11% MMR handicap, hardly any AI resistance and I got steamrolled, and In Medias Res, scored 50 kills but just couldn't finish the job), won the last game on HBaT ending RIGHT before the reactor hit 90%.

So far, I'm not feeling like I'm getting a lot of help from AI. My MMR just dipped below 50% as of these losses, and the last 2 or 3 antag games I played I lost due to huge MMR differences, I was up around 56% and kept playing games 12-19% lower than me.

I CAN say that I got games much faster than usual, since the patch! So that's nice to not wait for 30-60 minutes to play a game!