Author Topic: Overpowered Antagonist VS New Players  (Read 8062 times)

moravianboss

• View Profile
Overpowered Antagonist VS New Players
on: October 28, 2017, 06:37:17 AM
With the release of the new patch, the antagonist base will grow a lot more, and even if this is a good thing for the game, it also makes you wonder about the new players Vs an Overpowered Antagonist... More likely the outcome will be discouraged players as they get beat every 3 minutes... and this is happening already (At a minor degree)  More powerful antagonists are  good for more seasoned players; but it would be a healthy thing to have a system that don't give the new guys more than they can deal with.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Re: Overpowered Antagonist VS New Players
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:47:59 AM
It also doesn't help that you see antagonists repeatedly canceling matchmaking until they get Hanging By a Thread because they know it's 5 easy stigmas. They need to lock people out of matchmaking for 10 minutes or so if they cancel out more than once.

I think they should only allow antagonists with a low number of stigmas to do the prologue mission, and it should also take into account your previous rank the week before too.

moravianboss

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:03:16 AM
I agree, it is very annoying to see the Antagonists shamelessly hunt for easy targets, and yes a penalty system could certainly change a lot of things.  I hope they manage to balance this things soon, because this new patch certainly won't be changing any of that and could even make things worse for the new players

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 07:37:14 PM
I posted about this a week ago, and there were people complaining that other people need to get good. They don't seem to understand that they directly discourage new players.

moravianboss

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 04:54:51 PM
@ Geisty - You were right then, and we are right as we "speak" The fact that the Antagonist base will get a "boost" is always welcomed as a challenge; however a lot of the NEW guys trying the game for the first time could  end up leaving.  To say well "get better at the game" is totally valid for more seasoned players; but  to apply that mentality to brand new players that are trying the game for the first time... I think there could be a better way to approach this issue.

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 05:27:23 PM
I don't know how it works but whenever i play as Antagonist it takes a while to find me a game and always puts me againts very high level players and they are most of the time the same players (veteran players from the beta) making it hard as F. to actually win games so i'm sure there's some kind of rating system in place.

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 05:44:15 PM
This is why I give a new players chances to kill me during the match to understand that Antagonist isn't OP which I HOPE makes them progress more.

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 10:21:10 PM
Drimakus i just saw Tidusflames do the same thing but even worse you not only give him a chance but you can do what Tidusflames does jump around doing nothing , throw yourself a the enemies to kill you and lose the game , that's a great strat to keep new players , you throw the game and fuck the game for other 3 players that is REALLY going to help grow the community , i talked to him after the game he said he actually did it because the Antagonist was new to the game lol, great you get one player into the game and 3 leaving because they think our community is full of assholes IQ 200 right there he even blocked me on steam after "explaining" to me why he throws the games lol are all the people from Spain like him wtf hahaha.

Veteran player from the beta uses all his brain power to help the game and the best he can come up with is throwing games when he sees a low level player as Antagonist , sure fucking the other 3 won't do anything .

I'm done with this game not only you have to deal with AFKs that farm gold , people that disconnect every game, lag most of the game because it's a peer to peer system , people that kill themself when there's no Antagonist because the rewards are not worth the time  AND NOW people like Tidusflames that throw games when they see a new player to "help " them.

Beware people now we have Batman with one extra chromosome running around throwing games if he decides the Antagonist is new enough to the game , who does this guy thinks he lol

Good luck with the game i still hope you the best Mercurysteam.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:46:11 PM by tribas »

Cigarpunk

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 10:40:26 PM
Drimakus i just saw Tidusflames do the same thing but even worse you not only give him a chance but you can do what Tidusflames does jump around doing nothing , throw yourself a the enemies to kill you and lose the game , that's a great strat to keep new players , you throw the game and fuck the game for other 3 players that is REALLY going to help grow the community , i talked to him after the game he said he actually did it because the Antagonist was new to the game lol, great you get one player into the game and 3 leaving because they think our community is full of assholes IQ 200 right there he even blocked me on steam after "explaining" to me why he throws the games lol are all the people from Spain like him wtf hahaha.

Veteran player from the beta uses all his brain power to help the game and the best he can come up with is throwing games when he sees a low level player as Antagonist , sure fucking the other 3 won't do anything .

I'm done with this game not only you have to deal with AFKs that farm gold , people that disconnect every game, lag most of the game because it's a peer to peer system , people that kill themself when there's no Antagonist because the rewards are not worth the time  AND NOW people like Tidusflames that throw games when they see a new player to "help " them.
And you have to insult a full country because you're bad at the game and you have no self-control. MercurySteam are spanish developers. Very clever insulting their country, Einstein.

moravianboss

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 11:01:04 PM
As Cigarpunk is trying to say, insults are never a productive way to achieve anything good @tribas good point about "Finding a Match" if there is already a type of filter to help balance the matches, it would be great to have confirmation. If it does exist it would be very healthy to keep on improving it.  That said no one wants to see veteran players leave, we need skilled people now more than ever, let's keep on playing and try coming up with new ideas in order to improve.

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 11:30:56 PM

Beware people now we have Batman with one extra chromosome running around throwing games if he decides the Antagonist is new enough to the game , who does this guy thinks he lol

Good luck with the game i still hope you the best Mercurysteam.

I never had something like your experience and it's sad to hear. Usually some players disconnect but coming back shortly, without us losing the game at all.

TidusFlameLight

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 01:45:31 AM
I admit that I let the antagonist win that game because I only saw a "veteran rank" (tribas) bust the poor harec 50 times when he has almost no chance of winning that game. Also that most antagonistic players go to the prologue because they can not win a game on the maps of alien myths.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:47:32 AM by TidusFlameLight »

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 03:17:45 AM
I admit that I let the antagonist win that game because I only saw a "veteran rank" (tribas) bust the poor harec 50 times when he has almost no chance of winning that game. Also that most antagonistic players go to the prologue because they can not win a game on the maps of alien myths.

If anything, as nice as it is, it further proves several flaws about this game: a weak tutorial, a flawed matchmaking system, and one of the many flaws with playing an Antagonist. The really good ones get Antags seem to farm the Prologue. The new ones get thrown against me and my crew.
Also, if you have to throw a match just to struggle and keep members of a community, that says a lot about the game you are playing... just saying.

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 08:35:41 AM

You did great , our Harec went offline after seen  you doing this so there goes another player that is never touching the game and me who has over 100 hours(no counting the beta)  that bought skins/dlc who actually has no desire to deal with people like you who decides who wins and who loses the games who deserves it and who doesn't.
Keep it up buddy you doing wonders for this community and the game... btw the Bat-Signal is on i'm sure there's someone you gotta help win or throw the game for.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:55:52 AM by tribas »

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 09:15:49 AM
Eh because of this thread. It's kind of made me realize why there are super high level antags all the time in the prologue. So if I don't want to lose with 3 other randoms I cannot communicate with, I have to go Kuzmann or Konsti. Against a Kuzmann, if I'm anyone else my teammates will follow me and get me killed. Just kind of siphons the fun out.

Think I'll stick to queue in the Alien Myths and have fun derping around.