Author Topic: Everyone Relax  (Read 5284 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Everyone Relax
on: September 18, 2018, 07:27:04 PM
I deleted my previous Thread because it was becoming too toxic and it was a mistake. We all have our reasons to hate/love the antagonist system so lets just try to respect each other's opinions.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Everyone Relax
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:46:16 PM
You have +100 Diplomacy skills, much respect. Unfortunately this sort of thing is a byproduct of a PvEvP system. It won't ever end until a choice is given to the community.

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:51 PM
Yeah that definitely escalated quickly. Hey on the bright side it shows that everybody has passion when it come to spacelords which is a good thing.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:09:24 PM
I'm relaxed

When an antagonist invade the match i just "alt + F4" and relax watching tv, eating something or playing something else.
15 to 20 minutes later i open the game, "Oh my god, i'm "penalized" for leaving", i just alt + tab and continue watching tv, eating something or playing other game for 5 - 10 minutes.
Alt + tab again to return to the game, and start again.

"Oh but you are affecting the other 3 players by leaving them alone with the antagonist"
They choose to stay and fight, not my problem, i play to have fun and is not fun for me to fight against an antagonist.

But yeah its ok that are people who like playing antagonist, i am not against them, they are just playing what they like, just like us the raiders, but i choose to not play pvp so i alt + F4, thing i would not do if there were an option to not play against antagonist.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:19:15 PM by ArnoldCat »

ExFiftyOne

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 08:34:17 PM
Man... This game... I don't know anymore. Once you get max forge and the majority if not all your bloops unlocked, what else is left to do? Not much reason for us vets to keep playing. Other than to help others as mentor I guess. Not that many of us here seem to be ok with that. I like the xbox community. They seem to complain the least and just wanna have a good time. Not all of course!! I'm just gonna say cause I feel compelled to... If you're a quitter, suicider, whiner, I do not want to play with you. You should play a different game in my opinion. I don't Antag at all anymore and losing obviously isn't what any one is here for but still. We all knew the game was 4v1 going in. Why can't people stop trying to ruin this game? It is what it is. Its gotten much worse in my opinion since the Spacelords change but the core of it is still there. If ya just wanna fight npc's all day everyday I'm pretty sure Halo5 has that. I enjoy the added challenge once in a while. And you all know if there was a choice, almost no one would ever play against an Antag. I would so I know some others may but the majority can't seem to handle it. By the way I have spent over $100 on this wonderful game and all I can really complain about is all the complaints lol

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:27 PM
Man... This game... I don't know anymore. Once you get max forge and the majority if not all your bloops unlocked, what else is left to do? Not much reason for us vets to keep playing. Other than to help others as mentor I guess. Not that many of us here seem to be ok with that. I like the xbox community. They seem to complain the least and just wanna have a good time. Not all of course!! I'm just gonna say cause I feel compelled to... If you're a quitter, suicider, whiner, I do not want to play with you. You should play a different game in my opinion. I don't Antag at all anymore and losing obviously isn't what any one is here for but still. We all knew the game was 4v1 going in. Why can't people stop trying to ruin this game? It is what it is. Its gotten much worse in my opinion since the Spacelords change but the core of it is still there. If ya just wanna fight npc's all day everyday I'm pretty sure Halo5 has that. I enjoy the added challenge once in a while. And you all know if there was a choice, almost no one would ever play against an Antag. I would so I know some others may but the majority can't seem to handle it. By the way I have spent over $100 on this wonderful game and all I can really complain about is all the complaints lol

This thread is for relaxing, can you please relax?  ;D ;D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
@ExFiftyOne
The reason people bring it up because it's an unsuccessful business model and that other games that feature both PvP and PvE make it optional, and as a result are successful. Choice is NEVER a bad thing. Which brings me to my next point...

And you stated if given the choice most people wouldn't fight antag. Well you kind of made our point here with this statement. Most people don't want to fight an antag. So this is an admission or revelation of two things: A) If most people don't want to fight antag then it's being forced on most people despite this. B) The fact that most people don't want antag in itself and this begs the question, if the majority of your players don't like fighting against antag why are you forcing an unpleasant situation on them that reduces the value of their enjoyment? You stated if a player does not like 4v1 PvP they should leave. Based on the above statement you believe most of the players should then leave. Do you feel this is a good business model? To tell the majority of the player-base to leave? Do you think this game should have LESS players then? Are you ok with this? By your words you are basically saying YES, most players don't want to fight antag if given the choice and those players should not play the game = most players should not play the game.

I mean this honestly when I say this, but I don't think you thought your words through. They're implying a very bad thing for the game and community and I don't think you meant to imply that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:26:52 PM by Level9Drow »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:11:04 PM

This thread is for relaxing, can you please relax?  ;D ;D

crap, I'm sorry.

...sigh.... *begins to meditate*

Draco, I believe this is for you, sir. It's your boss...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJNsJ_3zzA
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:43:25 PM by Level9Drow »

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
Another tutorial video , while they are good for what they do , is it to much work to do a realtime tutorial in game ?  Like the one it has before with harec, build on that one and add antagonist and other complicated stuff so the new one can learn.

Fireblaze

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 05:12:13 AM
First of all im just going to say that the antag system shouldn't change because it's one thing that defines this game and the argument that it makes new players not wanna play is complety absurd because when i started playing the game when it first launched and lost to an antag was fine to me not one time did i ever have the thought of me downloading a game just to delete it for losing some games when i had just started playing it also if your quitting games just because theirs an antag in your game should be a bannable offence if you do it often and you may have not learned this but when theirs an antag in your game it makes every single mission have less enemies and makes them and the bosses weaker with some systems overloading faster. If you see yourself constantly losing to antags maybe your not grouping up with your team because most of the times its always 1 or 2 people walking around by themselves which cost you guys a lot of lives

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 06:33:58 AM
First of all im just going to say that the antag system shouldn't change because it's one thing that defines this game and the argument that it makes new players not wanna play is complety absurd because when i started playing the game when it first launched and lost to an antag was fine to me not one time did i ever have the thought of me downloading a game just to delete it for losing some games when i had just started playing it also if your quitting games just because theirs an antag in your game should be a bannable offence if you do it often and you may have not learned this but when theirs an antag in your game it makes every single mission have less enemies and makes them and the bosses weaker with some systems overloading faster. If you see yourself constantly losing to antags maybe your not grouping up with your team because most of the times its always 1 or 2 people walking around by themselves which cost you guys a lot of lives

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You know... just reading this responses makes me more relaxed.

Reading that kind of arguments "I don't uninstall the game for losing against an antagonist and that is an absolute proof that nobody is leaving the game because everyone are just like me"

Yet Spacelords go free to play to save the game.

Good thing is the game have more players now... at least on consoles and maybe on Microsoft store, because on steam... well...

So why dont you just....

Maybe the next patch brings something good  :-X :-X

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:30:46 AM
Although the players numbers are higher on the consoles, I would not be surprised if the same trend was in effect with peak players decreasing over time.

Also the difficulty of the mission when facing an antagonist is based on MMR score. And in fact can swing wildly both ways.

An example being 1 or 2 grunts spawning for the antagonist and bosses dying in less than a minute. For raiders the AI can get super charged to the point a single guy takes multiple clips and pretty much kill you in one shot.

Granted most people likely see somewhere in the middle of these two extreme but they are there.

Also everyone has different views and experience so just because one person likes something doesn't mean others do.

Running a game as a service model you want to keep the majority happy as there are more chance of paying customers in the group. However there can be exceptions such as if the game appeals to multiple 'whales' which are people that dump 1000-10000 of their disposable income on a game. Side note have a look at some of the interviews online with these people it's fascinating. Some do it so they can control the games economy and can then forcefully push through changes. To do this they look for games with a smaller players count as the have greater chance of success. It's worth a read as it's a completely different outlook at why you should play a game.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 05:44:36 PM

Anecdotal, doesn't mean a thing. What matters is the overall numbers.

You also use the same logical fallacy, "If I like it so should you." Other people who hate PvP don't have to like it. There has to be some way for them to exist in the game. And so some people just surrender, others go AFK and accept the penalty. Some people suicide to get out of the PvP match faster and some people feed. The question is, why isn't there a way for them to play the game without PvP? We already see it's built in the game.

People like you would say, "We don't want to split the community." winch is 100% the same as sating, "We want to force the other half of the community to be unhappy for the sake of entertaining the other half." Because that is the only logical conclusion that one could come to when someone uses the "split community" argument.

If you DON'T use this argument of "muh split cummyoonity!" then you understand that in a scenario where PvEers can opt out and just to PvE this doesn't affect PvPers in ANY way and that only people who want to fight each other will fight each other. To say otherwise means you subscribe to the idea that one group of people should be preyed upon by another regardless if they enjoy it or not.

So, any HONEST PvPer who is sportsmanlike and is only interested in improving his skill against willing opponents would, naturally, agree there should be the option to choose to be invaded or not. Otherwise they are saying they want to fight against unwilling opponents who don't want to PvP, and this is a position without merit and should be shamed.

It's simple, are you a bully PvPer who is just interested in trolling and bringing misery or a sporty PvPer who wants to engage willing opponents of similar skill?

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 06:25:06 PM
Yeah I don't see how anyone can complain about it being optional. Forcing pvpers and pvers to clash is not a good way to develop a community, it can only breed more toxicity. I think they shoukd atleast do a poll vote so see how many people actually want it to be optional or not.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:37:24 PM by Tekato »

Hyugga

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 07:06:23 PM
Isnt this tread to relax ? I know the whole pvp force gets everyone rattle up ( like me) but we are getting no where saying the same things all over and over again. Lets see what they anounce tomorrow , maybe something in this subject.