Author Topic: The game is good but it has long waiting times  (Read 2468 times)

Furyheart

• View Profile
The game is good but it has long waiting times
on: August 07, 2017, 05:14:39 PM
The last 2 weekends I have just played twice, why?, because the waiting times are so long, sometimes more than 10minutes so I get bored and then start to play another game. Yes, I can play solo but I don't thing that is the meta of the game. I could say more about the game but how can talk about a game that I can't play? The third beta you get was amazing, short waiting times, after a game finished another started so it was amazing but these days were not the best.

TehMud

• View Profile
Re: The game is good but it has long waiting times
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:38:15 PM
Was it all weekend or just yesterday? Sunday's are usually slow due to a lack of player. Also were you co-op only or selecting Antagonist too? Did you pick all the missions or just one of them?

For me if I only pick one or two missions it can be a while, and during slow periods if I only pick co-op it can take a while. If I also go Antagonist it can be quick. Saturdays seem to be fairly fast though.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Re: The game is good but it has long waiting times
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:07:30 AM
I think it would be easier to wait if we could do something while we wait, like a solo match or some practice zone. Right now the only thing to do is to spam on the discord chat lol.

What TehMud said it is true. I have made queues for only 2 maps before because I was looking for 2 blueprints that I was missing and the queue was much longer. IMO too much, maybe it was coincidence that they were longer. Although If that is true, IMO that needs a review, I am not an expert on queues, but if most ppl picked all maps then I shouldn't be that much longer, even if I only choose one or two maps. BTW, a friend of mine and me queued for the same maps and we got together 2 of 3 matchs, so that make me think that the missions you select are considered in the matchmaking too. Maybe it was simple luck, I know that the data its not that big to jump to conclusions.

At release I don't think everyone will queue on all maps, as they will have to unlock the new maps and then you will go hunting rewards or maybe you won't like some maps.

Even if the queues are much better than some weeks ago (they really improved a lot) I think that they need some stress test. If the queues keep being of 5-10 mins, and I know they can be longer by experience, I think a lot of ppl will leave the game before trying, so better to fix that before the release.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:11:14 AM by Ebisu_rkz »