Author Topic: Feedback after 67 hours  (Read 9811 times)

Pranja

• View Profile
Feedback after 67 hours
on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:38 PM
Hello,

second rundown of feedback after the newest patch:

Menu:
-some parts of the menu and all of the info boxes are in spanish (game is set to english)
-when I opened the game for the first time all of the weapon rarity colors were set right, after my first game though it all got reverted back like it was before the new patch.

Maps:
Hanging by a Thread
-The map feels great. No bugs noticed, the pacing feels fine too.

In Shock
-This map also feels good. I noticed that Kuzmann now sets Shae in danger more often, which is reasonable. No bugs noticed.

A Breath of Hope
-No bugs noticed either. Map feels great and is super fun to play and paced very well.

A Fistful of Sand
-I like the difficulty of this map alot. There is so much stuff going on at the same time. I don't like the randomness aspect of finding the guardian though, it just feels lazy designed.
-On the second part of the map I had a bug once were I couldn't leave the turret on the last point, I had to wait until I died to get control of my character back.
-This map is alot easier with an antagonist because the spawnrates are much less as without an antagonist. Personally my least favorite map though because the first part feels tedious.

Gameplay:

No chat/voice chat
-I still don't get why this game has no chat or voice chat function. This irritates me the most. I observed so many party members not knowing what they have to do. I know there is plenty of info on the screen but still, it is just not enough for most people. I have no way of telling them how to play the map and what the objective is. It is super frustrating. CO-OP and multiplayer games NEED a way of communication. Please fix this before the beta ends.

Raiders:

Harec
-I got all his weapons now and tested them all. I like the stock sniper the most as it just feels the most balanced for every situation.

Alicia
-She feels great and is super fun to play, still. I can't get enough of her. The Novera is a good starting shotgun but in my opinion the Vinc "Eager" is just the best for her. Get in, unload, get out and repeat. Smoking Daisy just feels way too slow for her gameplay style, the spread is too big and the weapon only shines when you got alot of enemies blobbed together which is very rare.

Hans:
-Unlocked every weapon from him too. They seem all fine and can be played equally in my opinion. His ability is good for escapes and fast travel around the map.

Lycus:
-Melee only raider in my opinion. His starting weapon is still crap, you can't do anything with it. The only reasonable weapon that I still have to unlock is the Spinning Coin. My friend got it and he loves it, he said its like playing a completely different hero. You can oneshot antagonists with it if you hit all bullets in close range. But if you don't have it you are pretty much a melee only raider - his shield ability just adds more to that fact.

-Shae
-She is still USELESS, I can't think of anything to make her viable other than that to completely rework her main ability and her weapons. She is squishy so she can't play objectives well and on the back line she is WAY too slow to kill anything. She is just a burden to the entire team. I tried to play her multiple times and I just can't get a connection to her. What is her purpose? I observed alot of players picking her that go AFK after 5 minutes because she is too frustrating and useless. She needs a complete overhaul in my opinion as she is the most disconnected from the entire raider roster.

-Konstantin
-THE BETA GOD.
In my opinion the most overpowered raider in the beta.
PVP:
The #1 Antagonist is abusing it pretty well. Pick the ability card that lets you drop your shield after you are down, pick the Ogon Shtorm BV as weapon and you are good to go to shred through EVERYTHING in seconds. It is doable to beat him if you shoot away the shield and abuse corners like crazy. But if you don't do that you are dead in 2 seconds. His ability to wind-up his guns while running is ridicilous too from an pvp perspective. He can react immeadiatly and shred you into pieces. I personally would remove that ability card because its just lazy, skill needs to be rewarded and not to be "EQUIP AND FORGET".

PVE:
He is great to play objectives, he deals so much damage and has alot of HP. His only downside is that he is slow but that part is not that important as you don't have to move much at all.

Matchmaking:
-Feels alot better after the newest patch. I got games in ~15-45 seconds which is a huge improvement to the older build.

Hosting:
I disabled crossplatform play a long time ago and didn't test it in this beta either because it was a bad experience. But other than that the hosting system improved alot with PC, I like only got one game in 17 hours playtime that was around 100-200.

Request to devs:
-I still want proper patchnotes so I can evaluate more on what changed. It's just try and guess for me at the moment which is hard. :)

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:44:08 PM by Pranja »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback after 67 hours
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:26:59 AM
Wow, so much feedback, thank you very for writing it down. :-)

BTW, you said cross platform matchmaking was a bad experience for you, could you please extend a bit on that? How was it a bad experience, did you happen to have worse ping times? What was it that went bad?

Pranja

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:31:15 PM
I tried to play crossplatform for the first three beta weekends, but it was always the same experience.
-Console players always got  prioritized with the hosting function no matter what connection bandwidth others had
-90% of those games were with a ping ranging from 300-999 which made the game unplayable

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 02:35:01 AM
I tried to play crossplatform for the first three beta weekends, but it was always the same experience.
-Console players always got  prioritized with the hosting function no matter what connection bandwidth others had
-90% of those games were with a ping ranging from 300-999 which made the game unplayable

Ok, I see! Thanks for the info :)

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:15:40 PM
Great feedback! some notes:

Lycus:
-Melee only raider in my opinion. His starting weapon is still crap, you can't do anything with it.

Have you try use his weapon as an additional melee option? Shooting in the middle of a braw? Try next beta and you will see what happen ;-)

-Shae
-She is still USELESS, I can't think of anything to make her viable other than that to completely rework her main ability and her weapons. She is squishy so she can't play objectives well and on the back line she is WAY too slow to kill anything. She is just a burden to the entire team. I tried to play her multiple times and I just can't get a connection to her. What is her purpose?

Check this topic, some devs talks about how to use Shae: https://www.mercurysteam.com/raiders-of-the-broken-planet/community/index.php?topic=445.0

Matchmaking:
-Feels alot better after the newest patch. I got games in ~15-45 seconds which is a huge improvement to the older build.

We are still working on it. we hope do it even better.

Thanks for all this feedback!

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:53:38 PM
Totally agree about Konstantin , he is the beta god at the moment , too bad MSE_tenka Comunity manager didn't give any input.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 08:20:04 PM
To beat Konstantine is easier than you think... here is a clue... have you try to give him a headshot with Harec and grab him when Konstantine is wounded? Teamwork! ;-)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:24:22 PM by MSE_tenka »

tribas

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 12:54:03 AM
To beat Konstantine is more easy than you think... here is a clue... have you try to give him a headshot with harec and grab him when Konstantine is wounded? Teamwork! ;-)
I... i don't think that counts as feedback ... i mean if you headshot any character with Harec he is dead or down . It's like saying "you know how to deal with him? kill it" but you are not talking about what makes him so good that people are calling him the  "the beta god" or why you think he is actually in line with the rest of the cast (which he is not obviously).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:57:28 AM by tribas »

TehMud

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:32:01 AM
Well for weaknesses, he's slow and not very stealthy. His gun has to wind up giving you time to get behind cover. If he keeps it revved he raises his Aleph so you know where he is. 

His strengths are high durability, high dps within certain range, and the ability to push you away when you go for the CQC. His shield though does not count in CQC.

Alicia and Lycus are the only ones that would have to get close and risk themselves to do damage. If you're playing either of them as Antagonist and Kon is babysitting everyone then he can be a bit of a problem. I dunno I just really haven't had much difficulty with Kons yet unless there's some god Kon I haven't fought yet.

All the ranged characters don't have too much trouble with him, and as a Raider you can just do the objective and just keep an eye on him and take him out when you need to.

His Auto-Bubble card though is a bit too strong. It gives him way too much time to just recover and start over. If it was a short short bubble it'd be alot better imo.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 01:11:54 PM
We are keeping an eye on Konstantin because all the feedback that we are reading. I can’t give you a solid response because we are doing lot of changes on him (also on the other characters). I didn’t want to sound obvious, just invite you to take advance of the wounded state, because in that state the characters can’t use their skills. Several characters can wound Konstantine from far away, Harec is only one of them (with headshot or with several body shots).

Tribas, which of Konstantine’s characteristics are the most OP in your opinion? How would you counter them? It’s very positive for the game that we discuss about him ;-)

Remember that chasing down and killing the Antagonist won´t win you the game –achieving mission objectives will! Also, teamwork is very important because every character have different roles in the mission, and complement each other’s abilities.

Pranja

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 03:14:29 PM
I personally would remove the ability card that lets him drop the bubble when he goes down. It lets you focus so much more on combat without thinking about dropping the bubble on the right timeframe, he also gets so much breathingroom while that bubble is up to hide and recover.

I would love to teamplay, but there is no way of communication in the game which makes it so much harder to set goals and priorities in the missions - which brings me back to the point of that there is no chat and voicechat mentioned on my original post.

Have you try use his weapon as an additional melee option? Shooting in the middle of a braw? Try next beta and you will see what happen ;-)

Going to try that out next beta then, I did not know about this ability. :)