Author Topic: Humans vs Raiders but yet all the characters are the same?  (Read 3980 times)

puffy99

• View Profile
So i think i understand this story-

Basically the bad humans want to take all the alph so we have this motley crew trying to drive them off. YET, the same people that make up the Raiders (good) are the exact same people you pick from to be the Antagonists (bad) to stop them from driving them off?

No different cosmetics, weapons, modifiers etc? Seems like this is half-way finished.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Humans vs Raiders but yet all the characters are the same?
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:48:12 PM
So i think i understand this story-

Basically the bad humans want to take all the alph so we have this motley crew trying to drive them off. YET, the same people that make up the Raiders (good) are the exact same people you pick from to be the Antagonists (bad) to stop them from driving them off?

No different cosmetics, weapons, modifiers etc? Seems like this is half-way finished.

When you play an antagonists you are a clone created by Uras Berit, you're an evil clone. If you look closely there are small openings and breaks in the skin of the Antagonists with glowing green energy, this is the same color as Uras Berit's power.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:50:57 PM
Uras is a shapeshifting cthulu demon. I recommend you play through all of Alien Myths, and unlock some lore.
Here is a full story in his lore that I unlocked back when you had to reach top rank Antagonist to see: https://imgur.com/a/7EVpI

This old trailer also shows him shapeshifting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDrYcItWjs&feature=youtu.be

So, in short, The Antagonist is an acolyte of an ultimate evil space demon that can look like whoever it wants.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:55:55 PM
Right, that's also why there can be two of the same character existing at once. The REAL Alicia, and an evil one with glowy green energy trying to kill her and her allies on the same map. When you play through the Alien Myths campaign you will see the first protector talk about this.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 09:21:35 PM
Thanks for the backstory!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 09:40:08 PM
No problem! There is a lot of lore out already, but still mysteries to unravel. Iune meets Uras in her character story as well, so I recommend getting some faction points and unlocking her lore pages :D

He is a very interesting and powerful creature, he can't just turn into whatever he wants, but he sees memories and can then change into anything he sees in those memories. He's also omnipresent to some degree, since he is aware of and responds to intercom messages between Cortez and the raiders.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:45:28 PM by LordDraco3 »