Author Topic: Toggle Mentor option & Surrender benefits  (Read 2453 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Toggle Mentor option & Surrender benefits
on: August 29, 2018, 07:20:35 AM
Mercury , please for the love of all things make mentor match-making optional. It's so agitating to hand hold new players in difficult or moderate difficulty missions.
In addition, there were countless time where I experienced players  who prefer to botch the mission by committing suicide repeatedly  than surrender the mission, even to go as far as to send mail towards me for even bring it up in the mission.

Mentor mode is a great opportunity for both sides if there willing. But to save unwanted frustration from veterans, please allow an option to be pairs Raiders of a closer level range.

Finally, for the surrender option, it would be great to have a clear description pop-up of a potential benefit that could come from accepting a surrender when choosing to continue against impending failure such a not being penalized as hard when being scored, or gaining bit more Gold/Faction points than you would with completely losing the match.

Lehi

• View Profile
Re: Toggle Mentor option & Surrender benefits
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:45:41 AM
I'm ok with Mentor matches.
However, please make Voice Chat setting ON by default. I believe VC is off by default.
At least, give us a mean to communicate with players, PS4 and PC players.
I know you, MS, implement a lot of hints and guides in a game, ex. Objective, Cortez's voice, 2 instruction videos for new raiders, hints when a raider dies, but they are not enough sometimes.

I couldn't tell a new Lycus to use his shield when he faced enemies, for example.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:10 AM
My opinion regarding mentor matches have changed allot since I posted this. For better or worse I look forward to mentor matches.

And yeah, I truly believe new players shut off all that stuff, the videos, the text, the in game signals, they'll ignore all of it because they prefer to get a more hands on and practical approach to learning how to play. I made a whole post regarding how to best teach new players but I believe MS ignored it.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com

Arkamedes93

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 09:36:16 PM
I'm all for the toggle. Or at least if they make it so that mentor matches have solo-medium-and-below-level difficulties, without an antagonist...
You dont know how many times I went into a mentor match, just to face high difficulty and an antagonist.