Author Topic: What is the penalty for leaving a match?  (Read 20104 times)

SygBoss

• View Profile
What is the penalty for leaving a match?
on: October 20, 2017, 06:42:49 PM
I just loaded into a match that was a black screen. I had to restart the game. It asked me to reconnect to the match, but when I loaded into the match I was stuck beneath the map and couldn't do anything. I restarted and the same thing happened. Luckily I'm still below 20 stigmas so I didn't lose any.

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
Re: What is the penalty for leaving a match?
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:53:48 PM
From what I know, leaving completely counts as a loss on your record and penalizes you accordingly. As a raider, it would also mean not getting end-match rewards.
Since your under 20 stigmas, I imagine it would just affect your antag elo (if that exists).

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:04 PM
It's happening again now lol. I can't move off the starting point. I've restarted the game twice but no dice. I'm just gonna stay in the match and see what happens. Hopefully when they move to next area it'll fix itself.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:55:46 PM
Hi, Sygboss!  :)

Thank you for reporting your issue. We are aware of it and we hope to fix it as soon as possible in a patch.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:08:45 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 07:08:17 PM
Good to hear. It would suck to be penalized and lose stigmas because of a bug. Oh and welcome :D

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 02:34:50 AM
I still think players quitting out early out of matches as Raiders 'should' get some penalty because it is seriously excessive how often I see it. I get people are impatient and bail if there is even the slightest chance of failure but seriously... even failing you get something but if you leave you get absolutely nothing and screw your whole team pretty royally by costing them at 'least' one life each transition. Be warned if you do this to me I will Block you and never play with you again no matter how new you are and I suggest others do the same.