Author Topic: Mikah and her Rare rifle Granny  (Read 20806 times)

Tadashii08

• View Profile
Mikah and her Rare rifle Granny
on: October 16, 2017, 12:04:05 PM
Mikah is my favorite character but i just unlocked her Rare rifle (Granny). I have played a couple of missions with it and it just feels like more work to use than a upgrade... which is disappointing compared to other rare guns, like for instance Hans rifle ANSGAR 'Warm" MM1 or Dr. Kuzmanns Lichtbogen  ZXX.  The Granny  just dosint feel like a (rare) rifle.           
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:07:47 PM by Tadashii08 »

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Mikah and her Rare rifle Granny
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 01:24:16 PM
Hello Tadashii08,

Thanks for your feedback. You will find that most weapons that you unlock on Raiders of the Broken Planet work more as a sidegrade than as an upgrade. They open new ways to play with the same character, more than increasing their overall power. With some dedication and experimentation, I believe you will find the novelty of the weapon quite rewarding!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 03:24:41 AM
Mikah is my favorite character but i just unlocked her Rare rifle (Granny). I have played a couple of missions with it and it just feels like more work to use than a upgrade... which is disappointing compared to other rare guns, like for instance Hans rifle ANSGAR 'Warm" MM1 or Dr. Kuzmanns Lichtbogen  ZXX.  The Granny  just dosint feel like a (rare) rifle.         

I could swear in a dev video they mentioned that gun has improved range over the other two guns. I haven't tried it but if it kicks like it claims to then you're probably going to want to shoot for the chest and let it rise to the head. This is just a guess however as I need to unlock it to try said tactic. Her K&K N90 definitely seems the way to go if you just want to spray out bullets since it's not a MP5 right? :D

Tadashii08

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 03:43:02 AM
Im just saying the Granny is missing that special something that would make it a rare class gun thats all. I have all three now, and im back to using the regular rifle.  the K&K is fine for close combat and is a good gun. But when im playing antagonist i need some range for  Haric. when he is not around i can switch between the two. For me tho it seems that most of the other characters (rare) weapons are a must have compared to Mikah. I dont recommend this weapon. Its disappointing.   

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:52:49 AM
Well what would you suggest? For me, I'd say something like bonus damage on consecutive successful hits to the head to make it a tricky but rewarding accuracy gun.

Tadashii08

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 04:12:57 AM
That would be impossible with the amount of recoil from the weapon... One idea would be to make the recoil less severe the longer you fire the weapon.   

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 05:45:02 AM
I'd almost rather her just give bonus damage for the team if she 'tags' an enemy with her shots using it. In that way she could set enemies up for easy kills for team mates that have much bigger ammo pools without needlessly blowing her own. That would also feed well into her being a 'tactical' team member rather than an end all be all. This would also be great for countering Antagonists that are just being plain sloppy. Thoughts on that?

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 05:54:53 PM
Granny is quite different to her other weapon options. While the other two are better for short-mid range, Granny excels on medium-long range. As Quanrian affirms, it plays differently (remember: sidegrades, nor upgrades). Instead of spraying short burst over your target, you want to aim more precisely -headshots are important! With Granny, Mikah won’t become a sniper, but more like a platoon designated marksman.

Recoil can be difficult to handle, but you get less dispersion to keep the pressure on distant targets -something more complicated to achieve with the other weapons. It also helps that Granny has a larger magazine -the largest in the game, if you exclude Konstantin’s chain fed Gatling or Kuzmann’s ray gun. But bear in mind each magazine has a different recoil!

It is also a great option for damaging unmoving or slow objectives, like the Beholder or the Protector’s shield, if playing as the Antagonist.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:07:19 PM by MSE_Hellath »