Author Topic: What makes the antagonist mode unbalanced and not fun.  (Read 12858 times)

Jojoe 126

• View Profile
Re: What makes the antagonist mode unbalanced and not fun.
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 12:45:29 PM
It just seems like more of a case that you THINK you deserve champion rank and that system is broken, which is why you can't get it.

Im not thinking anything besides the fact that you just made the most pointless speech. Again check the league's every week. More than enough people pull it off so why is it you can't? The more accurate answer being is you were a scrub back in beta and you are currently. Strange how there's more than a few achieving champion every week yet apparently it's too hard.

You just seem to make excuses for something that isn't even that difficult to achieve. stop being sour and just earn. Yeah let's make the only ranking system in the game scrub friendly.. keep asking for charity bud. Oh and if you were at a higher level, even losing a game should give you minimum point loss if you give them a run for their money. I lost a game last night, and I lost 1 point. Wasn't anything to start crying about.

The only statement that you've ultimately made is that you are generally a bad player. As for the poking tactic, its gotten me a success all this time so everything you try to comment has 0 credit when you are in the slums in all honesty.

The whole point of attending the antagonist league is having a risk/reward, same with pretty much every game with a ranking system in place. If you can't hack it, then opt out.

Sorry bud. Your excuses as to not pulling off a good win  ratio just makes you come off as a petulant child who can't get his achievements because you are simply not good enough, so you decide to cry about it and make poor attempts to insult people who simply state that it isn't as hard for a genuinely competant player as you may think. It all leads to your own inability in hindsight.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:07:58 PM by Jojoe 126 »

Cobra_Laser_Face

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 04:25:33 PM
I don't have an issue with the Antagonist system...it's the rewards for doing it. They are SO UNDERWHELMING. And the Antagonist? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. Going into the Negatives with STIGMA. It's frustrating, and needs to be re-worked.

Also Matchmaking is a joke. I was in queue for almost half an hour last night. I turned on Netflix and watched something while waiting, then turned the game off and watched the show instead.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 06:21:57 PM
I dont know in what platform you play jojo, but I played against both top 1 (this week and last week) and plenty of top 15 of steam and we didn't let them do anything. All the games I lost have been without antagonist or with a team of new players, but I rarely have lost any game since the release day tbh. And I know that I am not that good to get that winning ratio.

I dont think its that hard to get into champion rank, rarely losing as antagonist is another history. So, I guess you are a really good player. That doesn't change the fact that your typical experienced antagonist will struggle against a team of experienced players, probably being more time death than alive and posible camping.

That is something that needs to change, I don't think saying them "learn and don't cry if you lose" is an excuse to justify camping antagonist (I am not even talking about new players, who struggle in both sides).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:25:16 PM by Ebisu_rkz »

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 08:47:03 PM
You all have valid points. As I have stated, we need something that can give an edge t antagonist that requires for though and not some buff or nerf. What I advocate for is the ability to command small groups of enemies as to control the flow of battle. Or the ability to utilize the aleph collected by the antagonist in the same way as the beginning of an enemy within where you could accelerate the fifth council's squids. If every level had this extra mechanic to give the antagonist leverage without breaking the game, antagonist mode will be in a better spot. Not perfect, but definitely better than it s currently. This helps everyone and makes the game better in my opinion.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 09:35:33 PM
Wow...that's really weird man. I don't remember saying that I couldn't reach champion (I've won far more than I've lost, and as Ebisu said, it's not hard to do, it's just not fun) and a lot of your insults just seemed to be you putting words in my mouth, but the fact that your entire last post was just you insulting me without adding anything to the conversation says quite a lot about you. I've never made champion, but that's because I don't have any reason to . I play Antagonist juuuuuuuust enough to reach whatever rank'll let me make whatever weapon it is I want. Again, your entire argument is little more than 'Git Gud' (and your secondary argument is just blind insults with no basis), which is useless since, as everyone else is saying, it's unbalanced as all heck against the Antagonist, and playing as them is a complete waste of time if you lose. If the Raiders lose, they still get something, if the Antagonist loses, they just wasted their time.
 No gold, no points, no nothing. Nobody's saying they shouldn't lose stigmas for a loss, but the fact that your time is completely wasted is the problem. And again, your "Poking" method that you won't stop blabbering about isn't the End-All-Be-All solution you think it is. Easy enough to counter if the people you're playing against aren't idiots.

Basically, you seem to think that if you can do something (and for all I know, you sit around hunting new players in Hanging like I've seen several players do, or you quit before a loss, you maybe you're just plain lying about how magically skilled you are), everyone else should be able to do it to, and insult them if they disagree. Hopefully, the Devs are a little less...prickly than you  when it comes to criticism.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:52:57 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Jojoe 126

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 10:47:28 PM
You amazingly make yet another pointless post. I could carry on talking about how much more of a scrub you are but you already stated it for me. No more to be said really, your posts are going no where. Much like your QQ. Anyway have fun not trying apparently, bored of more excuses from nobodies going nowhere, much like your 'rank that you can get but can't be bothered' anyway back to the action, bored replying to derivative nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:52:01 PM by Jojoe 126 »

DAXIMA

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 01:51:28 AM
Jojoe, if you don't mind me asking what platform do you play on? I play on pc and a majority of the time when I play antagonist i usually just end up getting stomped by the enemy working together. Antagonist might be easier to play if you play on console because of how aiming works on controller vs keyboard and mouse. This is just from my personal experience but from most of my games as an antagonist usually is just unfun and unfair.

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 11:37:39 AM
You amazingly make yet another pointless post. I could carry on talking about how much more of a scrub you are but you already stated it for me. No more to be said really, your posts are going no where. Much like your QQ. Anyway have fun not trying apparently, bored of more excuses from nobodies going nowhere, much like your 'rank that you can get but can't be bothered' anyway back to the action, bored replying to derivative nonsense.
Joejoe, all opinions and a healthy debate is always welcome in this forum. If  you don't agree with someone's views, you are free to argue in a respectful way. Being aggressive or rude to other forum members will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning -if this conduct persist, it might result on a temporal or permanent ban.

Thank you all for your contributions. We are taking good note on your feedback about the Antagonist mode.

Jojoe 126

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 01:26:15 PM
Cool story

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 05:28:38 PM
Aww...c'mon now JoJoe. That last response was literally nothing more than insults. I was, at the very least, hoping for more useless "Poking" advice. Or perhaps you telling me to 'Git Gud'? You got my expectations of your responses all high and whatnot.  I'd love to see videos of your Antagonist gameplay, honestly. Because, with how you describe yourself, you're an unstoppable killing machine, and I'm sure I'd learn plenty~

Anywho, unlike you, I'mma actually try to add something here. Like I mentioned, getting enough rank to get the stuff you want isn't all that difficult, the problem that most people are pointing out is that when you do lose, your time was wasted (yet all those times you won, the Raiders still got stuff).  Then there's the whole 'if you're playing against a team that's even slightly experienced, you're almost guaranteed to lose' issue.  Even when it comes to the current Antagonist ranks, I've noticed that when I checked out a few Antagonist videos on youtube, the Antagonist wins were less because 'the Antagonist was skilled', and more 'the Raiders were terrible'.

flippy103

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 02:02:41 AM
I'm enjoying this game immensely, a breath of fresh air, finally something different.

Especially Antagonist mode, that's my jam. Admittedly, when I first started playing Antagonist I did well until I fought anyone playing past the prologue, I kept losing and getting frustrated. I came here looking for help, and everyone here really helped me understand and gain better perspective on what I've been doing wrong.

Essentially I was playing the wrong character, Lycus, whom as I see now he might be the worst possible option as Antagonist considering his range is incredibly short, forcing him to invade the raiders positions no matter what. Absolutely zero poke, and I feel his extra health and shield is worthless when fighting more than one raider at once (which is 95% of the time for me), If I was spotted I'd couldn't get close to their group either. Yeah, pretty irritating.

Now, since reading discussions on here, I've been playing Konstantine, and am doing WAY better, like I've already gotten 52 stigma since the leaderboards refreshed (PS4). I love his repulse, it keeps the Raid group away when they try to overwhelm me, and his gun I recently got, the "Ogon Shtorm" does OBSCENE damage close-mid range. I'm thoroughly pleased so far with my efforts and I'll continue to play him and improve my skills and decision making.

I'm glad I stuck through and kept practicing at this game, I love 1v4 games such as this and "Evolve" was the last time I've seen a game that offered that chance. I hope this game grows more, the content is amazing, and I appreciate the world design as well (Btw releasing Dr. Kuzmann as a raider is hype af, I didn't even see that coming).
Thanks for this game, I'm grateful it exists.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:16:30 AM by flippy103 »

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 02:15:07 AM
good attitude man! If it works for you that's great, just throwing around ideas to see where it leads and how the game develops. Kuzmann basically breaks everything with his gun, but it's not that bad as it is good for breaking up groups of enemies whether antagonist or raider. Honestly, though, I'm surprised at how balanced a lot of the characters are.

matuakiwigames

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 04:25:21 PM
The only problem i have with this games antagonist mode is the small community that this game has. shit if could find games i could get better at 1v4 so anyone reading this tell yall friends about this game like now. although losing an antagonist match and getting nothing is a pain, maybe we could get the same currencies that raiders at the end but just on a smaller scale