Author Topic: Antagonist spawn locations  (Read 1827 times)

Copperbadge

• I'm here for the co-op. (Avatar ©2017 Mafer)
    • View Profile
Antagonist spawn locations
on: October 01, 2017, 03:41:37 AM
Hey there! (aaagain)

In this thread I'd like to discuss the current spawn locations for antagonist players with you.
Feel free to discuss all aspects of it.
NOTE: When taking part in the discussion, please always mention the mission name AND the phase to clarify what spawns you are referring to.

My input so far:

Prologue (Phase 2):
I find the spawn locations to be placed unfortunately to the left of the Raiders in their favour.
It's easy for 2 of them to suppress the antagonist at any time by sniping said corner and camping the one spot behind a crate nearby the stairs while one is at their turret and gets the job done.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist spawn locations
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:21:22 PM
Hey there! (aaagain)

Prologue (Phase 2):
I find the spawn locations to be placed unfortunately to the left of the Raiders in their favour.
It's easy for 2 of them to suppress the antagonist at any time by sniping said corner and camping the one spot behind a crate nearby the stairs while one is at their turret and gets the job done.

I don't think the problem here is the spawn location, but the map and mission design. The raiders have to hold one position that only has 2 entries,  both next to eachother, so it's easy for the raiders to block and to whatch out that entries. The antagonist is seen from far away whatever spawn he choses or you add, and can be shoot down pretty easily before he gets to the protector.

You can't make an spawn just where the protector is casting his spell, it would make no sense. I think that the only way of balancing that mission is through the AI and waves, considering that changing the map itself is out of question. Although IMO would be the best option.

Edit: I think there are missions on overall that are much harder for the antagonist than this one. In shock or A Breath of Hope are much harder for the antagonist. In fact, this one is one of the missions that IMO the antagonist has the edge, until the raiders get to the last part, at this point the mission is almost done.

Hanging by a threat I would say is one of the more balanced ones.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:26:40 PM by Ebisu_rkz »