Author Topic: No reason to play Antagonist  (Read 2825 times)

gledr

• View Profile
No reason to play Antagonist
on: September 24, 2017, 02:57:42 AM
AS the title says being the antagonist is a waste of time. Its 1.5 vs 4 nothing to make it enjoyable or even equal. Its just 4 vs 1 and the 1 is the exact same as the 1 of the 4, The antagonist would need 300% health and 150% damage to make it anything close to a competition. U can finally get 16 kills and have a 1% hope of winning but then u get 1 shot by the sniper and half your time limit is gone before u revive. Plus it feels like other people have more health in last stand mode than normal. I played as victor and took down the aussie chick in 4-5 seconds but when they are crawling they magically don't die even If I shot them 10 times. The grunts are good for 2 seconds of distraction but then 2 people can just come up and grapple u while you shoot the third.  It seems like no game company ever actually plays their games to test ideas. even if your on a roll Halec can just project onto a high spot and 1 shot you.  Game would be cool for actual multiplayer like 10v10 but antagonist feels like a last minute F@(k it add this in

Victorray

• View Profile
Re: No reason to play Antagonist
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:03:20 AM
AS the title says being the antagonist is a waste of time. Its 1.5 vs 4 nothing to make it enjoyable or even equal. Its just 4 vs 1 and the 1 is the exact same as the 1 of the 4, The antagonist would need 300% health and 150% damage to make it anything close to a competition. U can finally get 16 kills and have a 1% hope of winning but then u get 1 shot by the sniper and half your time limit is gone before u revive. Plus it feels like other people have more health in last stand mode than normal. I played as victor and took down the aussie chick in 4-5 seconds but when they are crawling they magically don't die even If I shot them 10 times. The grunts are good for 2 seconds of distraction but then 2 people can just come up and grapple u while you shoot the third.  It seems like no game company ever actually plays their games to test ideas. even if your on a roll Halec can just project onto a high spot and 1 shot you.  Game would be cool for actual multiplayer like 10v10 but antagonist feels like a last minute F@(k it add this in
Lol i can't tell if this is a joke... first off, I don't know any characters named Victor... secondly I've never lost with the antagonist, so I would have to be some kind of God in order to get something with a 1% chance consistently. You just need to be aware or what the composition is, the map, what your playstyle is, and various other things. Also you have to be VERY methodical, don't just spawn and run at a Konstantine as he will probably mow you down right away. Instead, try to go for their backline. Also in order to craft weapons you need antagonist ranks, so there's plenty of reason

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

stridedxeno

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 04:24:59 AM
there's alot wrong with this paragraph. everyone has different kinds of health deepening on the character. light characters have less while bigger characters have a slight little more, that's it . since you seem pretty new. you have no situasional awareness of where the antag will be. so it may seem like. also the antag can use the AI to his adventage  which would make it easy. so yea...

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 04:50:08 AM
AS the title says being the antagonist is a waste of time. Its 1.5 vs 4 nothing to make it enjoyable or even equal. Its just 4 vs 1 and the 1 is the exact same as the 1 of the 4, The antagonist would need 300% health and 150% damage to make it anything close to a competition. U can finally get 16 kills and have a 1% hope of winning but then u get 1 shot by the sniper and half your time limit is gone before u revive. Plus it feels like other people have more health in last stand mode than normal. I played as victor and took down the aussie chick in 4-5 seconds but when they are crawling they magically don't die even If I shot them 10 times. The grunts are good for 2 seconds of distraction but then 2 people can just come up and grapple u while you shoot the third.  It seems like no game company ever actually plays their games to test ideas. even if your on a roll Halec can just project onto a high spot and 1 shot you.

I only played two games counting all closed betas and open beta and official game as antagonist. I have won both of them.

The grunts are more than 2 seconds of distraction.

Game would be cool for actual multiplayer like 10v10 but antagonist feels like a last minute F@(k it add this in

The maps are too small for a 10vs10. The second/third part of hanging by a threat specially.

Maybe you had a bad experience in some matchs, if you like to play as antagonist I would suggest you to try it again, get used to the melee system and the different characters. I am sure that you will change your opinion with more experience, the game is not easy, so it can be overwhelming for new players if they try to go for the antagonist mode directly without knowing how the game works.

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 08:32:02 AM
It seems like the trick to being a good Antagonist is to be a sneaky saboteur. You aren't really meant to win head-to-head confrontations (I got into a couple of Konstantin-versus-Konstantin "stand and hose each other at short range" scenarios as a Raider, and the Antagonist seemed to go down well before I did).