Author Topic: I want to buy this game, but without forced PvP  (Read 11926 times)

Crash

• View Profile
I want to buy this game, but without forced PvP
on: November 06, 2017, 11:57:29 PM
Me, a friend, and even a family member of mine have been curious on getting the game, but the major downside is that the Antagonist mode is a massive off-put.

I played the first chapter for free during the beta, and a bit again recently for free by playing the prologue. My first match was against an antagonist and we just got destroyed and almost spawn camped by the AI and the antagonist, nothing about that was fun at all.

All we want is a fun little PvE co-op game to play with others, why must we be forced to endure something we clearly have no interest in?

I also found the idea of the antagonist something I actually feel holds the game back, by which I mean the fun factor of skills (being over-powered for PvP but fun to use for PvE) and creativity is heavily limited because of this feature existing at all.

Please consider making the Antagonist mode optional. All I know is that the Steam version is dead, the PS4 version seems to also be heavily lacking, while the Xbox/Windows version seems to have some life into it, my assumption is that a lot of people like my self do not like the Antagonist being in the game while dealing with the already hard AI.

Cigarpunk

• View Profile
Re: I want to buy this game, but without forced PvP
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:52:00 AM
I'm already desensitized, I don't even blink when the Antagonist appears. Fighting him means zero fun, of course. I don't find fun in repetitive games like all the "Call of Battlefield" out there. If my team is good, we destroy him without passion. If the team is bad, I just wait for death, sighing. I hate all this Antagonist thing, the game is perfect without him... but developers love the idea. We can't do anything about this.
They can perfectly do an enemy that could be the Antagonist, controlled by the IA, or a boss, but no, they prefer the "trolling" part. As you say, the Antagonist literally destroys all the possible new players-fans. The community of this game could have been much bigger with more cooperative adventure and less "4 versus 1" nonsense.
That's my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:20:33 AM by Cigarpunk »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 02:53:01 PM
Hi Crash,

Thank you very much for your opinion. All these ideas are very useful to us so we'll have them in consideration in the future.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 03:14:21 PM
I really do feel for all these new players. There have been a lot of them, but the level of the antagonists they're dealing with is very high. I feel like a temporary hotfix should be put in place only allowing inexperienced Antagonists to queue for Hanging By A Thread. This would mean fewer Antagonists would appear on that map, sure, but I think that's for the best at the moment. There seems to be a large influx of new players, but they're just getting abused by these antagonists, so I don't see many above rank 0. I've been in a game with 3 level 0's and they just get grapple-spammed and flanked constantly, until they're spawn camped sometimes. I have even been an antagonist in this scenario where I spawn-camped the team as Konstantin with my bubble, they had no chance. It has stopped me from playing antagonist mode on that map though, but most people actively seek the easy wins.

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 05:06:53 PM
Send them all my way. I don't see enough antagonists in my games and I love when they come. It adds way more variety than just bots. You can always predict what a bot will do, but people always make new strategies. And it gets to a point where the rewards are beyond negligible without the antagonist there, so it just feels like you make no progress without them

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:36 PM
I too prefer having an antagonist, but I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about the health of the game in the long-term if all these brand new players are introduced to the game and just get obliterated within 5 minutes at the first map.

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 05:16:50 PM
I too prefer having an antagonist, but I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about the health of the game in the long-term if all these brand new players are introduced to the game and just get obliterated within 5 minutes at the first map.
I just don't think there are enough antagonists to send them newer ones. And if they don't send antagonists at all they don't learn how the PvP is, and trust me the sooner you learn it the better off you'll be.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 05:34:02 PM
Unfortunately, it's not going to teach people to git gud, they're just going to call BS and quit the game right after trying it. Matchmaking Rating is a thing for this very reason, but antagonist mode seems to be exempt from this.
The simple fix would be to stop giving antags the map information before they enter a match, because they're spam cancelling until they get Hanging By A Thread at the moment to guarantee victory.

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:31 PM
Unfortunately, it's not going to teach people to git gud, they're just going to call BS and quit the game right after trying it. Matchmaking Rating is a thing for this very reason, but antagonist mode seems to be exempt from this.
The simple fix would be to stop giving antags the map information before they enter a match, because they're spam cancelling until they get Hanging By A Thread at the moment to guarantee victory.
I hope people aren't like that. If I had that mentality I would've quit instantly since me and my friends lost practically right away on hanging by a thread and I've come so far after sticking with it. I had no idea that antagonists were hunting for noobs, that's really shitty and just shows how bad those players are

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say most of the antagonist who only do Hanging by a Thread probably only do it for the stigmas. Once the antagonist system is fixed this might not be a problem.
So you really can't be too mad at the people since playing as the antagonist is very rewarding.

Vladpw123

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 06:54:42 PM
Whell i thonk that peple must first think about what game they a re buying. I mean when i bought raiders i knew that game WILL BE HARD devs sayed that. So i knewing that i firstly played a little bit solo untill i knew that i understand all game systems, and then only start to play in MP. And even then i knew that i could lose agains antogonist, becouse this game is hard.
I mean devs sayed that this is hard game wit a lot of complex systems (like mellee) that players MUST know to be effective.

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 07:07:36 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say most of the antagonist who only do Hanging by a Thread probably only do it for the stigmas. Once the antagonist system is fixed this might not be a problem.
So you really can't be too mad at the people since playing as the antagonist is very rewarding.
It's only rewarding until a certain point. And something tells me the people farming hanging by a thread just do it because they want to climb the leaderboard and naturally suck. It makes the game way less enjoyable for newer players. Plus it seems extremely boring to be fighting inexperienced players on the same map over and over, and actively avoiding the other maps which ruins it for the people who want to play the other maps.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 07:22:48 PM
It's only rewarding until a certain point. And something tells me the people farming hanging by a thread just do it because they want to climb the leaderboard and naturally suck. It makes the game way less enjoyable for newer players. Plus it seems extremely boring to be fighting inexperienced players on the same map over and over, and actively avoiding the other maps which ruins it for the people who want to play the other maps.

I meant to write "isn't rewarding". sorry about that.
what tells you people farm there simplely cause they suck? I mean, duh, some people do that; I'm not denying that at all but just assuming people are just assholes just make the situation worse.
It being boring to you is subjective and pointless as a remark. I dislike farming and starting to find the current missions boring but still do them to get what little i can out of them.
I know these people are ruining the game and I'm not for that behavior. It's good to look at other's perspective and find the best salutation from both sides. No offensive to the developers, but it's there doing. Once the system is better I honestly doubt it be as big of a problem. 'Course you'll still have assholes ruining the game on purpose but i digress.   

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 08:02:22 PM

I meant to write "isn't rewarding". sorry about that.
what tells you people farm there simplely cause they suck? I mean, duh, some people do that; I'm not denying that at all but just assuming people are just assholes just make the situation worse.
It being boring to you is subjective and pointless as a remark. I dislike farming and starting to find the current missions boring but still do them to get what little i can out of them.
I know these people are ruining the game and I'm not for that behavior. It's good to look at other's perspective and find the best salutation from both sides. No offensive to the developers, but it's there doing. Once the system is better I honestly doubt it be as big of a problem. 'Course you'll still have assholes ruining the game on purpose but i digress.
I'm pretty damn sure most people don't enjoy repetitiveness especially when there's no challenge

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 08:36:57 PM
people play antagonist in the first map not because are noob,but because find the match only in the prologue...i play 1 week antagonist for the rank 18(just lore)and only there i play...and the game is easy need only skills,but people love COD WW2...anyway the xbox server is dead...i play with the same people again and again...this game have no future,thats why i hope some day put the reward in solo mode...
sorry for my english hope you all uderstand 🙂