Author Topic: What fun is this?  (Read 6396 times)

Malk

• View Profile
What fun is this?
on: May 27, 2018, 04:51:49 PM
I just farmed a bunch of gold to unlock this character and I get matched up with rookies vs a broken gun toting Alicia?
Any reasonable strats vs this weapon and the newer Konstantin gun with pushback? One single shot just wrecks me the second I'm out of cover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M73wC8wtVhY

Eliakin

• View Profile
Re: What fun is this?
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:14:51 PM
I already got a case similar to you, but my experience was worse 3 rookies and I level 50 against an antog LEVEL 190 THAT 190, already it was not enough the high level and he still playing with Konstantin with the new weapon, for you to see the idiot nonsense that the gun is, I was with Loaht's he could kill me even with the transformation, if the new system was to bring balance, the developer is far from doing any good

Crash

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 09:49:01 PM
This just shows how absolutely clueless the developers are, I can't even begin to think where they thought it was a good idea having a character essentially moving about with hover jetpack style movement while launching out rocket style shotgun shells at that speed and range, what the hell...the next thing you know melee will be causing aoe explosions within a 10m radius and 1 shotting everyone for 200 damage.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Rock and Roll is generally too strong. There's a lor of weapons they need to look at.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 12:53:15 AM
Yeah Rock and Roll is pretty dirty. It doesn't help that Alicia can just spam jump. They really need to add a short cool down between her jumps.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 05:28:34 AM
Alicia with Rock and Roll is fine guys come on. You can argue nearly every character with a certain loadout is overpowered in their own way. Every character in the game has weaknesses that can be exploited. Playing as Shae I love walljumping Alicias.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:37:12 AM
yeah R&R is gonna eat locals and wardogs in 1-2 shots, it does 80-90 damage so it makes sense that it insta-downed you. Your team had 3 squishy characters and the Kon didn't seem to have a clue, he could have bubbled the antag off near the end there, his gun also shreds Alicia. Hades characters also work fine against it, they have more health and survivability oriented powers.

Now for Tolchok, that gun is outright broken. Your only real hope is to out-maneuver Konstantin, using jetpack, stalk, or teleport

Malk

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 12:31:04 AM
Yeah I knew I was probably a weak character vs her and those weapons, but what was particularly frustrating was the fresh off the download new players that I couldn't carry.
The least they could do was the objectives right away but like moths to a flame they just ran at her most of the time and got merked.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:43 AM
The struggle is real. It is hard to carry two new players through almost any map. Its just something that you work through. Send some friend requests to the players you work well with in matchmaking and roll with them to avoid alot of the setbacks the fresh off download players bring.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 01:05:47 AM
Just get Harmony with Iune and use Sigh, she WILL NOT MOVE. I did this against Alicias before this patch, now that it has been buffed you can just stun lock her and allied clean up.

Imperium

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 02:09:11 AM
I complained about this weeks ago and was told basically to "git gud" and that my feedback on the matter wasn't the type of feedback they wanted.

Even though feedback about a mechanic feeling unbalanced IS feedback, regardless of whether you agree or not.

I totally think it's kind of ridiculous for a bunny-hopping character to play carpet-bomb simulator all game, but some people don't give a crap (or Alicia is their bread-n-butter character).

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 06:42:04 PM
Alicia with Rock and Roll is fine guys come on. You can argue nearly every character with a certain loadout is overpowered in their own way. Every character in the game has weaknesses that can be exploited. Playing as Shae I love walljumping Alicias.

Yeah buddy! It's all in the load out and team strat. If there's an Antag you HAVE to team up sometimes. Out think the game. Learn and adapt. And for the love of the gods train these maps solo so you know what the plan is! Don't just hog Aleph when it is need for success... I'm getting off into other crap. Anyway. Buy upgrades when you have the bp and proper forge skill, get faction points to change cards if needed, use team work, play smarter. That's how you beat Antags or Raiders. Well, minus team work if you're an Antag;) Great game!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 07:37:55 PM
Rock and Roll is objectively overpwered. It trumps all the other guns of hers. NONE of the other shot guns she has have ANY practical benifit over Rock and Roll. Rock and Roll has WAAYYY too much damage for the RoF and range. If this was not true, there would be other weapons she has that offer some sort of advantage that Rock and Roll could not. If this was not true than people would NOT be downed in one pass in the air.

It needs a nerf.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 08:42:32 PM
This isn't Overwatch, man. i can't switch out heroes mid battle to counter-play. What you are suggesting is ALWAYS playing Konstantin, just in case there is an Alicia. Rock and Roll needs a nerf because there won't always be Konstantin in the game.

rhammer

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 04:18:19 AM
This isn't Overwatch, man. i can't switch out heroes mid battle to counter-play. What you are suggesting is ALWAYS playing Konstantin, just in case there is an Alicia. Rock and Roll needs a nerf because there won't always be Konstantin in the game.

Absolutely agree. Alicia needs an ability cool down and R&R gun needs a Nerf for sure. It is just str8 up broken