Author Topic: About broken R&R ...Again.  (Read 7647 times)

Skyline

• View Profile
About broken R&R ...Again.
on: June 20, 2018, 03:22:15 PM
Time goes, to change nothing, Reputable(mb not) developers, and you don't want to remove temporarily R&R from a game that one players (which remained very little) didn't suffer at this misunderstanding, and others not abuse known bug? Or to you it isn't important what occurs in a game?
Already I have almost forgotten times when admired this game,now only rage and salt Bcs of THIS^^

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: About broken R&R ...Again.
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:09 PM
UP

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 06:18:15 PM
+1

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 11:09:24 PM
The glitch was only confirmed 5 calendar days ago. And only 2 days before you made this thread :|

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:27:57 AM
I think they should disable the fun until they fix it. Or, at least. disable it for Antagonists.

I raged with a friend playing with me because of two Alicia R&R invasions. Not sure if he wants to play the game again, even though I told him it was a bug and they intend to fix it.

I have been surrendering and feeding any time I get an R&R Antag. I can't take it anymore. I don't have any patience for this gun, not am I required to. My time is valuable and I don't want to spend it on misery.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
Drow, you realize antags have a high chance of having to deal with R&R Raiders too, right? "disable for antagonists" so Raiders get to use the strong weapons is silly to even suggest. It shows that you care so little for anyone who plays antag that you want all possible balance thrown out and tip scales in the Raider's favor.... like fighting an antag with Tolchok or R&R sucks, but as someone who fights on both sides, fighting a RAIDER with a Tolcholk sucks soooo much more, since you don't have any proper backup to flank the weapons that murder you if they get you in their sights. OP antags can still get ganked by a semi-decent raider team, but currently the biggest factor is the MMR balance.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 08:06:01 PM
I think we should all care little for the antagonists until we get some God damn balance changes, weapon fixes, and an antagonist mode overall!
Except so many negative reviews and comments center around how "it's too hard to be antagonist 1v4 so I hate the mode". The anti-pvp "fuck antagonist players, who cares" mindset of the forums is astounding.

Y'all are forgetting that low level new players ALSO play antag and want to try it out. It was one of the first things I jumped into when I started this game, and I got griefed by high level players instantly, trying to make me rage quit. Just made me a more stubborn player. Joke was on them though, since it took them 30 mins to finish HBaT since they spent so much time just standing around waiting to kill me.

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
Please if you cannot find the way to have a good balance talk to Jesse Schell or stop making video game. If you pay a  in a poorly-balanced game you will only found frustration and anger. It's more than a rooky mistake.

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 08:31:25 PM
I think we should all care little for the antagonists until we get some God damn balance changes, weapon fixes, and an antagonist mode overall!
Except so many negative reviews and comments center around how "it's too hard to be antagonist 1v4 so I hate the mode". The anti-pvp "fuck antagonist players, who cares" mindset of the forums is astounding.

Y'all are forgetting that low level new players ALSO play antag and want to try it out. It was one of the first things I jumped into when I started this game, and I got griefed by high level players instantly, trying to make me rage quit. Just made me a more stubborn player. Joke was on them though, since it took them 30 mins to finish HBaT since they spent so much time just standing around waiting to kill me.

MMR issue

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 08:58:35 PM
Drow, you realize antags have a high chance of having to deal with R&R Raiders too, right? "disable for antagonists" so Raiders get to use the strong weapons is silly to even suggest. It shows that you care so little for anyone who plays antag that you want all possible balance thrown out and tip scales in the Raider's favor.... like fighting an antag with Tolchok or R&R sucks, but as someone who fights on both sides, fighting a RAIDER with a Tolcholk sucks soooo much more, since you don't have any proper backup to flank the weapons that murder you if they get you in their sights. OP antags can still get ganked by a semi-decent raider team, but currently the biggest factor is the MMR balance.

You are right. I didn't think of it that way. They should disable R&R for Raiders and Antagonists. They need to take it out of the game until they fix it.

As far as the rest of your comment, I'm forced to PvP so I don't care for Antagonists too terribly much, they cost me entertainment, time and rewards so I have an unsympathetic view towards them. As long as I'm forced there isn't any other way to view it. And just so no one can call me a hypocrite, I don't spawn as antagonists whenever I have to get affinity.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:02:16 PM by Level9Drow »

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 10:31:17 PM
I think LordDraco3 is right. I don't have pleasure to play antagonist but Lord you are a valuable player brave like the old knights but some kind of player don't have the same behaviour they only wants easy stuff. R&R  is cheated. To counter R&R  I've made a Toshlock. There is many weapon who need to be reviewed like the LightBogen. Players are fortunate who haven't met a good Antagonist with this weapon. Have you ever seen el casa de papel ?You will understand why he's called professor. But know the trouble with R&R is mostly psychological like the Toshlok player resign only because they have seen this weapon. some try fight but many become Toxic. That why is cheat. And that why you have to find a good balance.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 01:17:12 AM
A little story...

Just finished a 35min match of Low Blow that ended with a victory for a 30 something Alicia toting the still bugged R&R. 5 minutes in the party leader, a 20 something player left the match. Trust me, that person is turned off of this game, I would bet money they are done.
  I brought a max forge Tolchok and more than held my own against this toxic piece of trash. Unfortunately this Alicia was getting engineers and elites ad nauseom pouring onto the map and having only 3 ppl it was quickly out of hand completely.
  Mercurysteam I am on this game nearly everyday. I am in the matches. I do alot of matchmaking and play with alot of different people. R&R is losing you players everyday. Im not seeing alot of players anymore and some I have spoken with arent returning. This is a much bigger problem than the Tolchok ever was. Please fix it fast. Don't wait another couple weeks and include it in a big patch. You risk losing more and more people who haven't made their mind up yet. Rock & Roll in its bugged state is making their minds up and its not in a way that benefits this game.
  Before the really experienced veterans that never matchmake chime in with the 'get better' and 'teamwork is key' arguments to counter a R&R, understand I am not saying these Alicia antagonists are unbeatable in an experienced squad that is actively communicating. However full 4 man squads do not make up the majority of players on this game. My point is this bug is turning away solo and new players that this game needs to help it thrive.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:24:58 AM by XjabberwockieX »

Kyavara

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 02:44:33 AM
I agree thanks for this testimony.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 25, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Well said Jabberwockie. I completely agree. I think this gun is hurting the game.

Space Kobura

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 07:19:07 PM
At least a statement on the menu page, like they did for the HIVE cards would help newcomers to understand what's wrong.