Author Topic: Ginebra costs 360000g??!!!  (Read 8374 times)

Licherus

• View Profile
Ginebra costs 360000g??!!!
on: November 08, 2017, 07:11:41 PM
You ignored all of the feedback about Mikah's price. You're doing even worse now. Enough! This is too much. My patience is over. Time to say goodbye.

Argentil

• View Profile
Re: Ginebra costs 360000g??!!!
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:49:58 PM
My post from the Ginebra announcement thread:
I've been tracking my rewards for the past 2 weeks, trying to put together a comprehensive spreadsheet showing the poor rewards I've been receiving for the past month. I just dug into my spreadsheet now to pull the average Gold reward I've seen (not personally earned) across all 71 games I've recorded.

This is the average gold reward across various maps, wins/losses, antagonist presence, blueprint drops etc, so by no means is it a true indication of everyone's experience, of course. The average I saw was 4411.75 Gold per game. This doesn't take into account that the gold reward is the most sought after, so often that pittance is split between 2-4 people.

Guess I'll grab Mikah and Ginebra in like 300 games. This is nonsense.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
They are trying to get you to pay for her. They don't care about the experience, only the money.
Actions speak louder than words.

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 10:05:19 PM
Founder pack characters SHOULD be expensive or EVEN exclusive for all its owners! You should be grateful that you still can grind these characters.
Next released characters should be at normal price though.

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:22:54 PM
Founder pack characters SHOULD be expensive or EVEN exclusive for all its owners! You should be grateful that you still can grind these characters.
LOL grateful? this is madness...

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:58 PM

Grateful? Do you hear how you sound, m8? I own the FP and I'm mad as hell for the Alien Myths players. Some guy probably bought this game and expected it to be a fun little experience only to have MASSIVE pricetags shoved in their face. I don't play this game anymore because of the pricing of things. Bah, grateful???? I owe the studio nothing, I payed for an incomplete game in good faith.

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:17:58 PM
I agree 100% and i too have the founders pack. Hell, i'll give them some leeway and say that the price tag is fine, but the reward system needs a massive boost to make the price justifiable.
1.) Make the rewards an individual based system and not a split base.This means that if you do good you get better rewards and the opposite holds true for those who perform poorly.
2.) increase the number of points you get in general as to complement the first point or just used alone. This is just to make the grind more bearable.
3.) finally give the antagonist rewards so there is another source of revenue for the player. Anything else that can be said has been repeated many times in other posts.
I know that this is all worded pretty poorly, but this is really the only way I can think of to justify the crazy price tags on everything. I want the game to flourish, but it wont in its current state of affairs.

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:39:54 AM
OMG what with all these whiners these days? Crying on every corner. Pffft
I play for an 1-2 hour per day and already got almost all the guns and cards I wanted.
As for Mikah/Ginebra - they really should've make them FP exclusive. Just like Excalibur Prime in Warframe, etc.  I'm sure that's the reason why price tag is so high for these characters.

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:32 AM
OMG what with all these whiners these days? Crying on every corner. Pffft
I play for an 1-2 hour per day and already got almost all the guns and cards I wanted.
As for Mikah/Ginebra - they really should've make them FP exclusive. Just like Excalibur Prime in Warframe, etc.  I'm sure that's the reason why price tag is so high for these characters.
warframe is F2P raiders no,why people dont get FP cant get ginebra ecc so easy too?
simple devs want money?yes but 60$ for one character is insane.and the ginebra skin why 40$?
some F2P games with 60$ get a lot of boost xp,gold ecc...i hope you joke

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:01 AM
I do think the prices are a problem in this game, not just that some things cost too much, but that the in-game market is inconstant, feels very random, and has little foundation on what is the base value on any of the unlockables in the game; for example, Hans costs 25,000, followed by Dr. Kuzmann at 60,000, Mikah at 120,000, and Ginebra at 360,000, these values double or more the next one. I would not have as much of problem with it if the cost was more averaged with each other, like if Dr. Kuzmann, Mikah, and Ginebra all were 60,000 this would give a consistent price point in which to value the game’s character content.   

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 06:06:19 AM
Originally the feedback from the developers was that pricing was based on the character's difficulty. Going by that Ginebra is considered the most difficult to play. Not sure I agree but I'm not going to say she is easy that is for sure. For instance, her transformation seems amazing at first because wow no stress right? Unfortunately, you just shed your armor and you're gonna go down like a Harec if just about anything hits you. To counter this, she has a powerful weapon that can easily give you some breathing room so long as you don't run out of ammo first.

Do I agree with their pricing... No but these are also initial prices and a thing, no matter what it is, quickly loses value when everyone has it. So you can sort of see that high price as a matter of maintaining rarity in effect. So while this sucks now... they 'can' decide to lower those prices later when it isn't as important to maintain that level of rarity. If you absolutely believe you must have the Founder characters now your best bet is always going to be getting the Founders.

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 01:24:50 PM
Come on Mercurysteam .... you are doing everything wrong! The player base of the game is small, and with such actions you only discourage the rest of the players.

This is frustrating and you should be ashamed. Mercurysteam is concerned with producing a "free campaign" marketing liar (which is actually only a mission), than taking action to STIMULATE players.

I quit. I'm not buying the second campaign.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 04:41:31 PM
Gotta be a typo right? right..? I'd love to know the reasoning behind the price, because the biggest complaints i've seen about this game are the low/inconsistent rewards and extremely high prices on everything, and your response to that is to.. make things more expensive? lol.

I'm a founders pack owner. I want to see this game succeed because it's great. But you're pushing people away with this stuff guys. Please reconsider and do it SOON because every day you waste is more people leaving the game.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
In business management, I learned that to win over consumers, you must appeal to them by being fair, or at least what is perceived as fair. Price gouging will gain you only resentment, in time. But they began with the rot already set in because the lack of experience with a big title, I believe they may be nervous. This need for instant gratification is pouring into the prices of skins and causing them to act recklessly. They may garner short term gain, but at the price of overall failure. If they don't change course, they probably will not be able to make the last bits of this game. Unless they have a good amount of "pocket funding". Honestly this game should have been a game preview title, as it is unfinished in many ways. From a professional standpoint, the risk the took was too great, because the model has nothing based in the familiar, which is essential to draw in a reliable market. Their risk management was very poor, and without proper funding, we are seeing this knee jerk reaction. As a person, I feel bad for the team, I can tell that someone put their heart and soul into it, but things did not pan out. This is an aggressive market for gaming. Three questions must be asked: Why should you play Raiders over other similar games? Why should you play similar games over Raiders? Is the price point competitive?

Let's take Paladins and Overwatch.
Paladins still exists and thrives in this market despite it being saturated with hero shooters and dominated by Overwatch. Why? Well, it is free to play, familiar, and has competitive pricing for skins and in game content. You can purchase all existing characters for a flat fee., which is less than Overwatch. So despite it being a smaller game, it can still survive because of what it does right. They will have long term gain.
Raiders does not and will not, with the current business strategy. That is my analysis.

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 06:38:03 PM
In business management, I learned that to win over consumers, you must appeal to them by being fair, or at least what is perceived as fair. Price gouging will gain you only resentment, in time. But they began with the rot already set in because the lack of experience with a big title, I believe they may be nervous. This need for instant gratification is pouring into the prices of skins and causing them to act recklessly. They may garner short term gain, but at the price of overall failure. If they don't change course, they probably will not be able to make the last bits of this game. Unless they have a good amount of "pocket funding". Honestly this game should have been a game preview title, as it is unfinished in many ways. From a professional standpoint, the risk the took was too great, because the model has nothing based in the familiar, which is essential to draw in a reliable market. Their risk management was very poor, and without proper funding, we are seeing this knee jerk reaction. As a person, I feel bad for the team, I can tell that someone put their heart and soul into it, but things did not pan out. This is an aggressive market for gaming. Three questions must be asked: Why should you play Raiders over other similar games? Why should you play similar games over Raiders? Is the price point competitive?

Let's take Paladins and Overwatch.
Paladins still exists and thrives in this market despite it being saturated with hero shooters and dominated by Overwatch. Why? Well, it is free to play, familiar, and has competitive pricing for skins and in game content. You can purchase all existing characters for a flat fee., which is less than Overwatch. So despite it being a smaller game, it can still survive because of what it does right. They will have long term gain.
Raiders does not and will not, with the current business strategy. That is my analysis.

This analysis is perfect.

"Well, let's put Ginebra for 360,000 gold. With that everyone will buy the founder package!"

With such attitudes, no one will buy this package, MercurySteam. Instead, players who bought the game will abandon it.

Please do not ruin your own creation.