Author Topic: Disconnecting and other problems  (Read 3616 times)

Crealkiller

• View Profile
Disconnecting and other problems
on: October 26, 2018, 12:45:30 AM
There are a few topics listing all the things that could be fixed. Im not gonna rehash them all here.

Im just listing a few problems i have, and tips to fix if anyone else is having that problem too. Suggestions are encouraged, but no shade

1. Communication: This game is fustrating for those new players, and it would help if we could tell them what they need to do. I guess the game didnt start with voice chat, but now it seems it does? If you go into settings you can enable voice chat. I have mine enabled but i still dont think people can hear me. We have to party up and check if that is even working.

Also, the 4 commands i can use (ok, help, ammo, and come here) isnt enough. In the emotes is there a point over there? Again if you dont have a mic, we need to point out objectives

2. Disconnecting: Some of these new players are getting frustrated and just dc from the game in frustration. They are ruining the game for the rest and we lose rewards because of it. The MMR goes down from the loss, the players are still considered there and thus we lose a life when moving to the next part, and the difficulty doesnt go down! I have a match all 3 others dc. At that moment can the newer enemies at least be killable?

3 Connecting to a game: I know we cannot help the community is still small. Im willing to play with these newer players, because i dont care about winning. I actually play to help the other 3 im paired with, and any rewards are a bonus. Mentor matches should be low difficulty, especially if they didnt complete that campaign / episode yet. Im not saying baby levels, but not matched to my MMR

4 Wait times: I think a patch was just installed that made it if you skipped the cinematic, it skips faster than it did before. IS there a setting where i can just auto vote skip? Do i have to be pressing that button every time? We all can rewatch it on your own time anyway.

There was more, but its not as important / doesnt come to mind right now

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Re: Disconnecting and other problems
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:48 AM
Regarding MMR. The game gets hella hard right around 30%. And in the current state of the game having a higher MMR is not beneficial to you in anyway. Rewards do not increase with higher MMR. A higher MMR cntributes to your overall score. Example: if you play In Shock with an MMR of 21% and get a score of 8.8,  its no different than playing In Shock with a 30% MMR and getting an 8.8.

We are hopeful that MSE (the devs)  will address this problem in the near future.

Crealkiller

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 01:23:27 AM
Regarding MMR. The game gets hella hard right around 30%. And in the current state of the game having a higher MMR is not beneficial to you in anyway. Rewards do not increase with higher MMR. A higher MMR cntributes to your overall score. Example: if you play In Shock with an MMR of 21% and get a score of 8.8,  its no different than playing In Shock with a 30% MMR and getting an 8.8.

We are hopeful that MSE (the devs)  will address this problem in the near future.
My MMR is at 29. It has been staying there and that is where i want it to be. With that said, i dont want it to go down unless i intentionally did that. I can lower it when i need, but i dont agree that it should be lowered because someone else dc. If i lose a episode, i lose because we tried, not because we were short.

In my example where i have all 3 dc, it was that Dr Kuzman episode, and the other 3 didnt know what they were doing. My MMr went down to single digits. It took a while to find 2 other matches just to raise it back to 15%. Oh and i play as HIVE, so that episode is impossible to reach certain objectives. Is it better to just see i have 3 noobs in the lobby and just leave the game to let them fend for themselves? Or risk losing badly and waste the time?

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 01:37:09 PM
I wonder why I still play mentor matches, yesterday it was all bad again with all the disconnects. Was playing In Shock, with two level 1 and a level 5, and all three disconnected, so I had to play the second Kuzmann stage all alone and of course I couldn't win it. With the new lever mechanic, the high spawn rate of the enemies and of course Dr. Kuzmann himself.

Mentor matches can get really frustrating and annoying.  :(  :'(

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 04:45:12 PM
Lets hope MSE addresses the communication issue. If we can clearly communicate with other players especially rookies the game would go a lot smoother. Mentor matches wouldn't be as frustrating and we could warn rookies DO NOT PUNCH KUZZMAN! lol

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 07:09:13 PM
Hello. We are paying good attention. In the next upcoming updates we will expand and improve the communication with other players, including a chat system.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is incredibly valuable for us!

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 08:46:49 PM
Hello. We are paying good attention. In the next upcoming updates we will expand and improve the communication with other players, including a chat system.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is incredibly valuable for us!

And don't forget to put a mute option.
I don't wanna hear people yelling "i need healing" every 5 seconds and me responding "cool down timer"...

8) :-X :-X

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 10:15:34 PM
I can't believe the amount of disconnects I have witnessed since the rebrand. Even when Im already carrying the team I have to just grin and bear it as 1 or 2 of these idiots take off almost every mentor match. It tanks my mmr but hey on the bright side I get a whole 300 gold and faction for the desertion. /sarcasm

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 12:31:22 AM
I can't believe the amount of disconnects I have witnessed since the rebrand. Even when Im already carrying the team I have to just grin and bear it as 1 or 2 of these idiots take off almost every mentor match. It tanks my mmr but hey on the bright side I get a whole 300 gold and faction for the desertion. /sarcasm

I've noticed this as well. Mostly with Mentor matches.