Author Topic: Lv 10 antag wins against lv 200 raiders guess how?  (Read 7860 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Lv 10 antag wins against lv 200 raiders guess how?
on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:20 PM
A fistful of sand harec sniped the protector from across the map gg. Seriously when are you going to fix this mission.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Lv 10 antag wins against lv 200 raiders guess how?
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:39:15 PM
A can't say much regarding the Protector himself but as for the Antag I would of been on him like white on rice.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:45:28 PM
But there's no problem here, right? It's all the Raiders fault for losing. There is nothing at all broken about this missions.
/s

I will continue to avoid this mission. Thank you.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:54:44 PM
When I said I cant say much regarding the protector I meant that's an issue I cant help with cause yes it is flawed but I stand by my word that the Raiders *could* have prevented it. Relax man, I cant tell if your being "Passionate" or a little bitter. Not that I can blame you, the game can be frustrating.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:49 PM
A can't say much regarding the Protector himself but as for the Antag I would of been on him like white on rice.
Except you also have to protect him from the mobs of enemies and all he has to do is get 2-3 shots from far away which is easy with the stalk ability and it's dead. Shae can just bewitch everyone and get free shots while invisible. The only counters i see is to bring a sniper yourself and get them first.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:59:27 PM by Tekato »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:12:16 PM
When I said I cant say much regarding the protector I meant that's an issue I cant help with cause yes it is flawed but I stand by my word that the Raiders *could* have prevented it. Relax man, I cant tell if your being "Passionate" or a little bitter. Not that I can blame you, the game can be frustrating.

No man, I'm not bitter with you guys. You aren't doing anything wrong. Videos have been made to try and help people with this mission, and that's a noble thing to do.
Very nice people for doing so.

If you detect bitterness I'ts because I, and others, have had to go through this. And it's got to be changed. Now I don't believe MSE have done this on purpose or their stance on this stage or if they plan on fixing it, so I can't be bitter with them. I'm bitter towards people saying the mission is fine and that it isn't broken. Even if it IS possible to work more harder than any other mission and stop the antagonists, it doesn't mean it's not broken. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's not unbalanced still. Especially if we can see that other missions don't suffer from the same issues and are EASIER to do. Then the question is for those who say everything is fine; What incentive does a Raider have for doing Fistful of Sand if it won't reward you extra for the additional advantage that is given to the antagonists in this stage? It doesn't, so logically wise players just don't queue for it. No reason to.

I like most the people in this community, you guys are great. Even many who are in favor for PvP. There are a few that are difficult people to deal with, but then so am I. Sorry if you got bad vibes. They're not directed at you for sure.

/rant

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:22:21 PM
Yeah I'm pretty salty myself today, a lot of dumb things have happened in this game recently. Like some random guy decided to suicide a million times on my one-time faction points mission because he wanted to lower his mmr. I honestly don't think I've ever been this frustrated with a video game before coming to this one.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:45:28 AM
I laugh when I see this post on Bug report. Such a salt moment. Shame... better luck next time.
Obviously, Harec outplayed you, but nothing else.

I did not think he could one shot the protector because even aura mortis, at a low forge level can give 272 damage in full charge headshot. (Level 2, Hero killer = 0, Quickshot = 5, Difficulty 25). He needed 3 shots to remove the protector's barrier. 6 shots or more are needed to kill him. So, tell me, how did the protector die?

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 01:36:29 AM
I laugh when I see this post on Bug report. Such a salt moment. Shame... better luck next time.

I did not think he could one shot the protector because even aura mortis, at a low forge level can give 272 damage in full charge headshot. (Level 2, Hero killer = 0, Quickshot = 5, Difficulty 25). He needed 3 shots to remove the protector's barrier. 6 shots or more are needed to kill him. So, tell me, how did the protector die?
I didn't think i'd really have to explain this to you but as you can see he was level 10 so his mmr was low and ours was high. That means the game will give us a harder time by giving the protector much less hp and throwing many more stronger AI at us. This means even a low level harec can pretty much 2-3 shot the protector as I previously stated. This takes 0 skill imo but i guess i just need to git gud.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 05:25:12 PM

I didn't think i'd really have to explain this to you but as you can see he was level 10 so his mmr was low and ours was high. That means the game will give us a harder time by giving the protector much less hp and throwing many more stronger AI at us. This means even a low level harec can pretty much 2-3 shot the protector as I previously stated. This takes 0 skill imo but i guess i just need to git gud.

Agreed completely. Some people don't understand nuance and context.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

Agreed completely. Some people don't understand nuance and context.

There's a lot more that goes into winning or losing a match, on both sides, than just "the player was better" and shooting the protector is a scumbag thing to do.

Players that brag about winning this way are like people who think they are good when they had 10-20% lower MMR than whoever they were fighting against, not realizing the game is giving them a huge handicap in every measurable way.

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 04:24:24 AM
Shit is nuts I've lost to Shae and Harec Antagonist b4 now im scared to pick anything other than a Lycus on "fist" i legit pop my shield and stand in front of the protector. Wait for the shot then drop the shield . Pop shield when he's about to shoot wait for shot. Drop shield rinse repeat.  It's worked so far a little harder to get with the Shae since she can bewitch me.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 09:33:21 AM
But if such a simple win in the game is possible (shooting old gramps), there will always be players who will exploit that. MSE knows this flaw for so long, it seems they have no problem with it. They prefer to ruin missions that have been fun (In Shock), rather than solving real problems (fixing old gramps in A Fistful of Sand).

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 05:35:48 PM
Hi guys!

Regarding your concerns about Fistful of Sand, we have increased the Protector's health by 10%. You'll see the changes applied in a patch that will arrive very soon ;)

Thank you very much for reporting this! I know I always say this, but your feedback is very useful in order to improve the game ;)

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 06:08:31 PM
Thank you. Karen.